No gaiters only a mask with loops or ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the gaiter has loops , it's ok? My DH would work so much better with a gaiter with loops vs the face mask pulling against the ears.

This is from the WDW site:

All face coverings should:

• Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable

We are taking a lot of the disposable paper ones but really hope we can still wear our gaiters with ear loops.

Screen%20Shot%202020-07-07%20at%2011.16.34%20AM.png

CM preview day and Disney is already allowing the rule to be broken. Definitely no "ear holes" there. (And the guy is buying up all the Splash Mountain merch to flip somewhere too it looks like.)

I'm sewing ear loops into my son's gaiter, I'm hoping that passes.

I'm watching a live stream right now and I've seen 2 gaiters that don't appear to have any loops.
I am watching a live stream too and it looks like they made slits in the gaiter where their ears are.. Looks easy to do and more comfortable than a traditional face covering.

Hmmm just about an hour ago my DS23 said he is going to buy 2 gaiters to supplement the "regular" masks he'll buy from Disney site for our Sept trip. I'm glad I saw this. Will tell him to hold off his purchase and keep an eye on this thread.

I was using a gaiter for a while but have now switched to a single-layer cotton face mask. Breathable, and what I really like about it is that it folds down small enough to easily fit in my wallet, so I don't ever forget about it and I always have somewhere to put it when not wearing it.

But so so so much hotter. Im not sure people wear gaiters in that heat.
I agree! But DS23 wore one out on a fishing trip on a hot/humid day off our NJ coast. No shade on the boat. He said it wasn't hot and protected the back of his neck from sun. :confused3 I still won't be using one for myself, but I couldn't convince him that it would be too hot in WDW in Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!