No good upgraded magic bands available, why?

Disney*Geek

Earning My Ears
It is over three weeks I have spent countless hours on trying to get upgraded magic band with no luck. I have a reservation for four people and you can not split it to buy one or two at a time. I reload the page put them in the cart go to check out then told sorry not available. I mean as soon as they come available I am picking them and still no luck getting anything good.
Am I the only one? Are they really stocking them? Any suggests? It is very frustrating I wish they didn’t even say they were going to offer these upgrades if they were not really available.

You're not the only one. I find that what they list as available changes by the second. Either they can't keep up with the demand or their website isn't refreshing itself properly. This morning I was able to get everyone's magic band selected and as soon as I went to check out it said one of them wasn't available. I did this 6 times in a row until the 7 Dwarves popped up and gave me an "I"m sorry " message. After that most of the magic bands were gone and it was back to square one again. It's been like trying to put a very complicated puzzle together...very frustrating indeed!

You're not the only one. I find that what they list as available changes by the second. Either they can't keep up with the demand or their website isn't refreshing itself properly. This morning I was able to get everyone's magic band selected and as soon as I went to check out it said one of them wasn't available. I did this 6 times in a row until the 7 Dwarves popped up and gave me an "I"m sorry " message. After that most of the magic bands were gone and it was back to square one again. It's been like trying to put a very complicated puzzle together...very frustrating indeed!

Exactly my experience. We pretty much have all the solid color bands we need in fact I have not even been ordering any new bands for our last few trips but I thought the upgraded ones might be fun. What a waste of my time. And a giant tease as well. Thank you for your reply. I wanted to make sure it was not an error on my end.

I managed to get a Haunted Mansion one after multiple tries. Numerous times it was in my cart but website could not pull up my credit card info to pay for it. It’s doesn’t seem worth it for multiple people.

I eventually got one upgraded Magic Band and just got 3 of the basic ones. Then I bought 3 Magic Your Band skins as I was so sick of the error messages.
I am to that point now. I have three people with solid color bands picked and I will try to purchase one upgraded band and see if that works.

I'm in the same boat and I am only trying to order one (annual pass band for my daughter) One of her choices shows up, I put it int he cars and then I get the sold out message. I refresh the page and it is still there but won't let me get it. Then, it is gone but shows up later, wash, rinse, repeat

And it is not me because if I pick something I don't want, it says it is in stock.

I managed to get a Haunted Mansion one after multiple tries. Numerous times it was in my cart but website could not pull up my credit card info to pay for it. It’s doesn’t seem worth it for multiple people.
I am glad you got one good one. The haunted mansion band is cool.

I am glad you got one good one. The haunted mansion band is cool.
I got a BB8 for my AP magic band when they first came out with the upgrade deal. Now the word is out about it being a good deal especially when you have a drawerful of solid ones and it’s a pain. Those GE ones were probably gone in minutes.

Has anyone managed to get the DVC Magic Bands to show up for them and be able to check out with them?

Attachments

• DVCMagicBands.JPG
    DVCMagicBands.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 7
I've been trying, too. I only need 1 upgraded band (plus solids). It's been listed there several times, but I can't actually buy it. I checked 3 hours ago and it wasn't showing at all. Just checked again, and it's showing but tells me its sold out. Did they really have so few that they ran out in less than 3 hours? I can't imagine the frustration of trying to get multiple upgraded bands at once! I'll keep trying for a few more weeks, but if I don't succeed by the end of August I'll give up and get a skin.

For some reason, I easily ordered one last week (it arrived today). I had two regular bands and upgraded one to the red band with the Minnie heads on it. Ordering was a breeze so not sure what is going on now.

Those GE ones were probably gone in minutes.

I thought the same but they’ve been available for days. My husband wanted that one but I wanted the pink snacks one. Eventually I just gave up on mine and snagged GE and EPCOT bands.

Has anyone managed to get the DVC Magic Bands to show up for them and be able to check out with them?
I ordered 2 DVC bands at once, and it worked. That's been a couple weeks though. We actually received them, which was a mild surprise given all the struggles!

We have several DVC stays & APs to order for, so I could afford to just get one at a time... but I can't even get 1 to work now. Been striking out on Spaceship Earth, Slinky Dog TSL, and the Minnie Mouse Icon (red one w/little Minnie heads).

I do not understand how/why this is such an inventory fiasco. It's like they get 3 in stock. Of course, trying to contact Disney through the AP website about it and the site won't run/load...

Omg I am so glad it's not just me (well not really glad this is happening at all 😓).... I have been trying to upgrade only one Magic band for our party and still no luck. Wish I never mentioned it to my kid... he gave me a list of 6 bands that would be ok... not one is ever available and this is going on for several weeks now. Beyond frustrating... and I can't believe Disney hasn't addressed it yet.

Yep, exact same thing here. It is maddening.

Yet they are virtually all available for $25 on www.shopdisney.com. What gives?

Completely different stocks and people in charge of the two. The resort side likely pays for and keeps track of their own magic band offering. The dot com store side is a completely different group who is in charge of never having a shortage. Then you have the parks side that keeps their own stock at the various stores around WDW.

One having stock has nothing to do with another one. They don't go to the Disney Springs store to grab your Goofy band to ship for your Pop Century stay.

That being said having a much more limited window to when you could select your bands would likely help. Right now you get people with November/December stays taking bands prior to September stays.

My best luck for both of my stays were at 7:30am EST. If you have 6/7/8 people you are not likely to get everyone's first choice.

It sucks but honestly for me it was part of the "fun" as it gave me something to do other than just reading this forum every second and watching youtube videos over and over lol.

How far in advance are you guys ordering? My daughter says she really wants the Belle one but we aren’t going until summer 2020 so I haven’t bought anything yet.

How far in advance are you guys ordering? My daughter says she really wants the Belle one but we aren’t going until summer 2020 so I haven’t bought anything yet.

I started trying about a week ago for our 11/2 arrival. If they were easier to get I'd wait longer, but it sounds like I could spend the next 6 weeks striking out. If I haven't succeeded by late September I plan to order solid bands with skins. (My ability to stalk the MB site will decrease significantly when I go back to work in 3 weeks, which is the other reason I started trying this early.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!