No good upgraded magic bands available, why?

On Saturday, my choices were limited to just the colors throughout the morning. I logged on about 3:25pm and was able to select the upgraded bands. I got a spaceship earth, a castle, it’s a small world and lion king with no trouble. Added them to my cart and checked out. In and out in like 3 minutes. It felt like I dreamed the struggle the last few months with them!

That's fantastic! But now that I know someone has actually gotten them recently, I feel like I need to check 20 times a day instead of 3-5, LOL!

Ooh, kind of excited to find this thread. I went on yesterday to see about ordering our bands for our November trip and in mentioned upgraded bands but there was nothing there so I was all confused. I didn't order them because I didn't know what colors everyone wants this times. Glad I waited because now I'm going to check in a couple times a day to see if I get anything fun since it sounds like there's hope! Fun!

That's fantastic! But now that I know someone has actually gotten them recently, I feel like I need to check 20 times a day instead of 3-5, LOL!
You mean like I did for the past 2 months? That would be crazy! 😂
Me too. 😬😬😬. It’s crazy I’m on this like I am. I’m not normally like this.

I just want it to work. Period. Aaarrrgghhh!

Sometimes I check so much I end up having dreams about the magic bands! :rotfl: The madness needs to end, but I just can't make myself quit!

OMG. We all finally had success!! I just assumed I got lucky and no one wanted Donald Duck or the castle one. WTH just happened? I can’t believe it. Finally. Now I only have 3 more to go on a separate order but I have to wait for the Galaxy Edge ones for that order.

Please let it be really fixed and this not be a fluke.

Congrats everybody!

Sometimes I check so much I end up having dreams about the magic bands! :rotfl: The madness needs to end, but I just can't make myself quit!
I know!! And, the bad thing is we decided that we weren’t even going to get new magic bands for this trip because we have so many from previous trips that we were just going to reuse them. When they said these stupid upgraded ones were available, it became a mission to get them! :confused3

OMG. We all finally had success!! I just assumed I got lucky and no one wanted Donald Duck or the castle one. WTH just happened? I can’t believe it. Finally. Now I only have 3 more to go on a separate order but I have to wait for the Galaxy Edge ones for that order.

Please let it be really fixed and this not be a fluke.

Congrats everybody!
I just got my shipping tracking information this morning so they are really sending them too! Now, I just have to wait until we get them to see if they are correct!!

UPDATE FROM YESTERDAY'S SWAN SONG POST: Another success story! Yesterday was my last day to pick after months of trying to get the upgrades, and the pickings were not only slim but also unavailable. I resigned myself to buying skins for the two plain colored bands. However, I could still edit my plain band selections as of this morning, and BOOM! I was able to get Sorcerer Mickey and the Castle bands no problem. Not our first choices, but definitely no slouchy seconds either. Keep trying! No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!

I agree that it is really just random luck. After trying multiple times at home with no luck, I happened to try again on Sunday the 10th while we were sitting on the monorail (about 2 p.m.). Our Disney stay started on the 17th so I assumed we were too late but it actually let me order (Nightmare Before Christmas and Olaf) and they were here when we got here! (We are Canadian so we always have to get our magic bands at the resort). Good luck to those still trying!

I was just going to get plain bands again. We have AppleWatches and I got little slides to put the fob on our watches—- when I just looked and saw the Pirates and Moana bands I couldn’t resist and ordered them easy as pie. 🤷🏻‍♀️ So an old fob will go on the watch and the bands are a cute accessory.

I finally got mine this morning after who knows how many attempts...why am I fighting the urge to go see what's available now? It's like Disney has conditioned me to spend any free moments on their website. Oh, well, I suppose I'll get to put my Disney stalking skills to use again very soon when I start trying to modify FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter