No Housekeeping for dvc?

I'd agree that it's your decision. For us, we feel that the "stresses" of having to pick up a few things, wash a few clothes and load the DW occasionally are not a big deal. As a matter of fact, I much prefer a little clothes washing to having to bring enough clothes for an entire trip without washing. There are stresses on every trip and for us, the stresses of having to go out to eat every time as well as worrying about the maids are a lot more than the ones your fretting about. I also think you'll find the costs are much different than you expect if you use a membership reasonable.

Frankly, I much prefer NOT having the maids in the room. There's always the risk they'll take something, they always seem to come at the most inopportune times, they move things around and just generally disrupt the flow of things.

Three bedroom Grand Villa at OKW every year, 12 nights, dues of $1500.

$125 a night, and all I got to do is make the beds????????

I said "count me in" nine years ago and have never regretted the decision for a second.

I just don't that point can be repeated often enough.

10drum, please repeat after me, the DVC is not for everybody. That is not a knock, just a reality.

Staying in a studio is a perfectly good use of points if someone so desires. Less points used = more trips.

A GV is great if you need the room. That said, wonderful DVC vacations are had by the vast majority of members/visitors who never set foot in a GV. Most folks utilize, I would think, what best fits their party size and make-up. In other words, if yams decision is to stay in a GV 12 nights a year, then God bless him.

We have never missed housekeeping service when staying at DVC resorts. We generally clean up after ourselves just like we do at home. It kind of takes the whole waiting around until HK gets your room cleaned while you are on vacation out of the equation. We have little ones who take naps so we don't have to work around housekeeping like we used to do at the regular WDW resorts.

10drum, to paraphrase Sean Connery from an old movie, never bring a knife to a gunfight. That is essentially what you are attempting to do by attacking the merits of DVC membership over something as trivial as the lack of daily maid service. Timeshares are different from motels/hotels. It is available if you are willing to pay for it, like most things in life.

You guys make your beds everyday?!?! ;) Seriously, I kind of like not having to worry about housekeeping coming in every day. That way, if we want to sit around in our jammies until lunch time we can. OK, so I guess you can see what kind of vacations we usually have - our home resort is VB and it is usually major relaxation time for us.

10DRUM

Sounds you are making the right decision. I don't thing DVC is for you.
All of us existing members can't wait to go back to our "home away from home".

I can stay at Boardwalk Villas in a studio for 16 nights a year for $594. a year for dues. That comes to $36. a night.

You can stay next door at the Boardwalk Inn for $300. a night. The choice is yours.

Dumbo

Many thanks to all that replied. I hope I didn't make anybody mad. I'm sure I would feel the same way if I were in the DVC. We use to own a lake home and one reason we sold it was because of cleaning (and mowing).
You all had good reasons why hk is not that important. And if I wanted I could pay the extra cost. I really was just havin some fun with the last two replies.
I expect we will probably buy in when the BC Villas open next year.

THANKS AGAIN AND GOODBYE

Just read your post in another thread indicating that you thought the responders on this thread were jumping all over you (in my words...your words lead off this post).

I gotta' admit, we can be pretty rough on people that find fault with DVC....especially those who are not yet members. I think many were frankly astonished that housekeeping was going to determine whether you joined or not!

And of course, you egged on the responders with your last couple of posts. ;)

All that being said, opinions are what make this board, and you are most certainly entitled to yours, as are the responders. I thought some might have brushed your opinion aside a little bit, almost like the issue you identified wasn't important. If it's important to you, you deserve an answer based on information unless you are asking for opinion.

I think the point has been made that DVC could still be a good deal even if you pay for daily maid service. As a member, I do like it as an option rather than something we pay for with no input.

Good luck on your decision to join. If you do, I think you won't regret it. :)

Granny, When you are sitting on the fence like I am, it doesn't take much to push you one way or the other. My main concern is 10 years away when the dvc should start paying out. Tens years from now I should be retired and our children will be grown, and who knows what our interest will be.
I agree these forums are an exellent source of infomation. Sometimes bias sometimes not. Like I said, I am thankfull for all replies, I just couldn't help help but egg some of you on.
Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter