No Hurricanes Please- A Redemption Trip- November 2018 PTR-Updated 11/17/18 New TR Links

Don't glare at me, but I don't remember that song. I'll have to listen more carefully.

Its not there anymore. It was part of the original attraction when they still had actual guides on the boats. I don't know when they took it out but its probably been gone for at least 20 years. I had a love/hate relationship with this ride when I was kid as my parents would drag us on and we thought the song was god awful. So awful it became a guilty pleasure for us and I still sing it whenever we ride.

So jealous you'll get to do food and wine. We're only going to miss it by a few days.

Seems like a good list of what you want to try! Getting a gift card is smart if you want to make sure you don’t go over budget. We just put it on the magicband and worry about t later. Sometimes that creates a large shock.

Its not there anymore. It was part of the original attraction when they still had actual guides on the boats. I don't know when they took it out but its probably been gone for at least 20 years. I had a love/hate relationship with this ride when I was kid as my parents would drag us on and we thought the song was god awful. So awful it became a guilty pleasure for us and I still sing it whenever we ride.

So jealous you'll get to do food and wine. We're only going to miss it by a few days.

I probably heard it as a kid. My mom loved that ride, and I hated it because I thought it stank to high heavens. I don't feel like it smells as bad now, but I admit I like the newer version better, which is a rarity. In most cases, I think the originals are better, i.e. Journey Into the Imagination, POTC.

Aw, bummer! I'm really excited we are going during that time. This is only our third F&W experience.

Seems like a good list of what you want to try! Getting a gift card is smart if you want to make sure you don’t go over budget. We just put it on the magicband and worry about t later. Sometimes that creates a large shock.

It is so easy to go over budget at Disney, or just completely forget about a budget at all while on Disney mode. I have an idea of what I'd like to spend for food as a total so after we go through our regular meals we will have a better idea of what's leftover. I enjoy trying all the food and feel like it's a big part of the experience, but it's not the total experience. I say that and the 2 surprises for my husband involve food. Well, you know, they do sell Disney food plushies now!

The Fireworks Saga

I survived the procedure, though painfully so. It was not a very pleasant experience, but I'm hoping for results that will be positive for the future, whichever way that may lean. The physician did say he did not see signs of gastroparesis this time but because of the evidence from the previous procedure back in November and other test results, he cannot rule it out. He thinks it "waxes and wanes." I need definitive answers, but I'm not sure I'm going to get them. I should find out the results sometime next week that will determine if we can surgically fix my issue or if I just deal with it the rest of my life. At this point, I'm not sure what I'm hoping for. All I know is the pain from these past few days has been pretty miserable, and if their solution is more of this then I don't want it.

Are there any other Hocus Pocus fans out there? The day of the surgery, my husband bought me the Hocus Pocus book that includes the new sequel. It's been an enjoyable read so far.

We are within 3 months now! I only have a few more things left to do to tidy up before this trip comes. Well, I'm sure it's more than a few, but it's way less than it was before, right?

FP+ day is September 2nd. Of course, we want FP for our favorites, but the 2 rides I want to score will be for Slinky Dog Dash and Flights of Passage.

I still need to book the Dessert party for Star Wars for Jason. I looked on the website today, and they have released the dates up until the date I need. Darn it! I did move our 50's PrimeTime ADR back to 4:50 from 5:45 to allot for the time to get over to the party. He still has no idea, and I'm super excited for this for him. Disney has always been about my love of it, and I'm glad I can finally do a few things that are more about him.

I ordered a few shirts for us last year from TeePublic that we did not get to wear. Jason would like for me to order a few more for us this year. I'm thinking about a baby Groot for me and Rocket for him (he loves Rocket,) and Porg shirts for each of us.

Other than getting vacation clothes together, that's about it for the list. I'm not messing with the ADRS anymore. . .

Until next time!

Glad to hear the surgery is behind you. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon and get some definitive results.

Glad the surgery is over! I'm sorry about the ambiguity--hopefully the results give you a clear way forward. **hugs**

Good luck with your fastpasses! Hope you get everything you want!

Surprises are done!

To touch down briefly on the results of my procedure, I finally have solid answers. The doctor's suspicions were confirmed, which makes me feel validated at least. It's not all in my head, and I'm not just crazy. So, we are trying medicine for 2 months, and if that does not help then he will consider surgery I suppose. I'm on ANOTHER diet/restriction plan that excludes me from having raw vegetables, "tough" meat, seeds, nuts, popcorn, blah blah blah. This is the third diet change I've been on since November 2017. I'm pretty sure that at some point every type of food has been eliminated. It's okay, though. At least we are getting somewhere.

So, I kept watching the website for the Star Wars dessert party to open the dates for 11/06. The party thread just alerted me that there probably will be no party because of Jingle Bell Jingle Jam---well, dam---. So, here I go rearranging ADRS again even though I swore I wouldn't. I flipped Il Mulino and 50's Primetime from Saturday and Tuesday. I finally booked that puppy! We are set and the surprises are complete. My husband heard me muttering something about not being able to maximize the park hours and said "There is no maximize time. If we go we go, if we don't we don't." When I started to protest he started singing the Oh we oh song from Wizard of Oz. Really? I just moved everything for him and he's alluding to me being the wicked witch? Men.

I made my to do list for the trip of things I need to do soon-ish:

• FP+ (09/02)
  • Landry's Card
  • Itinerary
  • Order MagicBands
  • Order from TeePublic
  • Request room assignment (for health reasons)
I think that's it!

Happy week ahead!

Oosh, good luck with the diet change! Hope it helps.

Argh, planning with Disney can be the worst, all this uncertainty and changing. And Men indeed. :P

Ok I'm back :rolleyes1 I kept reading and quoting and then losing quotes, and then something would distract me.....

So first, I'm glad you have some answers as far as your health and I hope the new diet/ meds work. I know how frustrating it is when you don't know what's wrong and can't find an answer........

Next, I hope you keep Marrakesh! We've eaten there twice and really like it; it's just one of those places that never gets any love. It's so beautiful inside and we have found the servers to be very friendly and attentive. Have you managed to fit HDDR in yet?

I'm going to post now before something interrupts me again!

The doctor's suspicions were confirmed, which makes me feel validated at least. It's not all in my head, and I'm not just crazy. So, we are trying medicine for 2 months, and if that does not help then he will consider surgery I suppose. I'm on ANOTHER diet/restriction plan that excludes me from having raw vegetables, "tough" meat, seeds, nuts, popcorn, blah blah blah

Glad to hear that you got some answers, sorry that you are on yet another "diet".

Ok I'm back :rolleyes1 I kept reading and quoting and then losing quotes, and then something would distract me.....

So first, I'm glad you have some answers as far as your health and I hope the new diet/ meds work. I know how frustrating it is when you don't know what's wrong and can't find an answer........

Next, I hope you keep Marrakesh! We've eaten there twice and really like it; it's just one of those places that never gets any love. It's so beautiful inside and we have found the servers to be very friendly and attentive. Have you managed to fit HDDR in yet?

I'm going to post now before something interrupts me again!
As far as I know, Marrakesh is going to make it this year. My husband said, "what if we really like it and all these years we've been canceling it?" Probably.

Sadly, we are not going to do HDDR this year. After having to rearrange our days to fit in the Star Wars dessert party for Jason, I just really couldn't make it work. Perhaps next time that will be our special event.

Glad to hear that you got some answers, sorry that you are on yet another "diet".

Thank you. It's alright. I can make it work to the best of my ability so long as it helps! I'm trying to think positive!

Lets Just Eat All The Food!

Do you know that saying about a watch pot never boiling? Well, a watch vacation never gets here either. We are 66 days away, and I swear time is starting to go backwards. I'm pretty sure yesterday was October 1st now it's back to August. Really.
polarbearcrawl.gif

I've discovered new treats that we must add to the list of 472 items I plan to consume during our vacation. Honestly, I've bought new clothes in smaller sizes but I probably should have bought a size bigger to accommodate for all this eating I'll be doing. Goodness.

So, the new food truck RCantina (or something like that) looks appetizing. There are taco cones and nachos and churro bites and dessert nachos. The fillings look really good. Of course, this is at Disney Springs.

AristoCrepes with its limited hours now has bubble waffles. What the what! Strawberry or Salted Caramel. Yes, please. They look like this:
strawbubblewaffle.jpg

caramelbubblewaffle.jpg
Can I lick the screen? Picture credit goes to Disneyfoodblog.com

Bring on all the deliciousness!

So, the new food truck RCantina (or something like that) looks appetizing. There are taco cones and nachos and churro bites and dessert nachos. The fillings look really good. Of course, this is at Disney Springs.
I think we might need to ty the taco cone as well! And the dessert nachos!!!!

AristoCrepes with its limited hours now has bubble waffles. What the what! Strawberry or Salted Caramel. Yes, please. They look like this:
strawbubblewaffle-jpg.346302
Morgan would love this as well.

Do you know that saying about a watch pot never boiling? Well, a watch vacation never gets here either. We are 66 days away, and I swear time is starting to go backwards. I'm pretty sure yesterday was October 1st now it's back to August. Really.

We're 19 days away and I'm with you--time has stopped moving. Good grief.

THOSE LOOK SO YUMMY. I have no more room to add food to our itinerary...dangit!

Following along! We're arriving for a week on the heels of your trip. Good luck with FP selection next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter