NO MASKS?

I don't really have any problem with them mandating masks. However, I do think it's crazy they don't allow the gaiter style masks with earloops.

As a man with a pretty long full beard normal masks make my face look like Sasquatch in a speedo. I feel much more safer, and yes comfortable, in a gaiter style covering with earloops to keep it up.

Masks may not be required when COVID-19 is completely gone and/or there is a vaccine. With Disney having strict protocols for safety measures (which is WONDERFUL) they could very well require them for a long time to come. No one knows at this point. While wearing a mask is no fun, it is indeed necessary and responsible. I did not think I would be able to wear one all day either but I took my daughter to Magic Kingdom 2 weeks ago and was able to wear it the whole day from park opening at 9am to closing at 6pm. Of course I took breaks while eating lunch at Cosmic Ray's and when I went to the restroom. My daughter has to wear one to work so she is used to it plus she already went to Universal in August for two days and had to wear them. I would tell you to maybe wait a month or so when it's cooler or just try your best. It is true what they say when you are busy in line and on the rides, you don't notice it as much because you are occupied and having fun. You can take as many breaks as you want and for some reason to me it seems easier when to wear one when you see every single person wearing one. It is like it is totally normal. Good Luck!

It's unfortunate that some people can't wear a mask. Sadly they will have to miss out on the things that require a mask until this is over...like going to Disney. Masks aren't comfortable, but they are necessary right now. I'm glad for them...that there IS something we can do that allows us to continue doing some things that are "normal".

I do hope there comes a time where they won't be necessary. But I hope social distancing is here to stay.

It's unfortunate that some people can't wear a mask. Sadly they will have to miss out on the things that require a mask until this is over...like going to Disney. Masks aren't comfortable, but they are necessary right now. I'm glad for them...that there IS something we can do that allows us to continue doing some things that are "normal".

I do hope there comes a time where they won't be necessary. But I hope social distancing is here to stay.
Do you really think they’ll be necessary forever? I’m wearing masks now without issue, but the idea of not being able to go to Disney ever again without a mask seems extreme. Eventually we’ll get past this, even if it feels like ages.

Do you really think they’ll be necessary forever? I’m wearing masks now without issue, but the idea of not being able to go to Disney ever again without a mask seems extreme. Eventually we’ll get past this, even if it feels like ages.

Well, there was a time I would have said "of course not!", but frankly, at this point anything is possible. Who would have thought there'd be a time nearly 20 years after 9/11 where we STILL have to remove our shoes to get on an airplane? If masks are a terminal effect of the pandemic, it's one I can live with in order to be able to enjoy WDW.

I DO think that even if the mandate is lifted that you will not only see Disney continue to allow guests who want to wear one but also some guests continue wearing one.

I HATE them too! I wear one all day for work and it's miserable. I completely understand your feelings. I'm claustrophobic and it's just so, so hard to overcome that discomfort. I know some people tolerate it better than others and don't seem to understand how it's such a big deal, but I feel your pain.

When I'm not at work I'd rather just stay home now, rather than wear a mask for any longer than necessary. It's seriously done a number on my mental health. We're going to Disney in a few weeks and I'm so grateful for the relaxation stations!

Take heart and know that you're not alone. I'll wear a mask for Disney, but most other times I'm like you and would rather pass on even going someplace with a mask on. Hopefully this isn't a forever thing or I'll end up becoming a recluse.

Well, there was a time I would have said "of course not!", but frankly, at this point anything is possible. Who would have thought there'd be a time nearly 20 years after 9/11 where we STILL have to remove our shoes to get on an airplane? If masks are a terminal effect of the pandemic, it's one I can live with in order to be able to enjoy WDW.

I DO think that even if the mandate is lifted that you will not only see Disney continue to allow guests who want to wear one but also some guests continue wearing one.
I'm secretly hoping that now that we all own masks and wearing them has been normalized, we will adopt wearing them while sick like many nations in Asia. Would do a lot to stop the spread of cold and flu.

Removing shoes at airport security is a lot different to me than wearing a mask. Removing shoes is a quick precaution that takes a minute, wearing a mask through every minute of your day is a much bigger thing. I just don’t see people complying with mandated masks for the rest of their lives. Once the pandemic eases and spread isn’t as rapid, people will move on, just as they did after the Spanish Flu.

As a previous poster said, maybe they'll become normalized for wearing when actually sick, and I agree that some people will probably continue to choose to wear them longer than others and certain places might require them for longer, but forever? No.

OP: I totally feel you. We went to a corn maze/hay ride/pumpkin patch on Saturday. It was 76 degrees and low humidity and I was so aggravated with the mask. It made me realize that I don't know if I can do a whole day at Disney with one. And I have been wearing them to shop, etc for 7 months now.

Removing shoes at airport security is a lot different to me than wearing a mask. Removing shoes is a quick precaution that takes a minute, wearing a mask through every minute of your day is a much bigger thing. I just don’t see people complying with mandated masks for the rest of their lives. Once the pandemic eases and spread isn’t as rapid, people will move on, just as they did after the Spanish Flu.

As a previous poster said, maybe they'll become normalized for wearing when actually sick, and I agree that some people will probably continue to choose to wear them longer than others and certain places might require them for longer, but forever? No.

100% agree. Plus you can pay for TSA pre-check and skip taking your shoes off!

I invite anyone who thinks masks are permanent to come to my community and see for yourself how much people are against it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter