NO ME tags arrive 8/21

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
So just got off the phone with Disney because we have not received our ME luggage tags yet and arrive at the GF 08/21. I'm not sure who dropped the ball Disney or our TA who assured me they had all our travel details. The thought of dragging 3 large suitcases and 2 6 year olds with their rolling princess bags that grandma got them that they just had to fill makes me want to cry a little. How exactly does it work without tags I go to baggage claim and then to the ME anyone know how far this is and will the bus driver be ok with all our suitcases? We arrive at 2:30pm if that makes a difference. Thanks!

You don't have to claim your bags.

You can just give the claim tickets to the DME worker when you check in and they will take care of them

@Alesia is right! You never NEED an MDE tag. You simply hand over the bag claim tickets you were given at your departure airport to the DME check-in & you are all set
Have a great trip!

Just remember that you might not always get your bags right when you get to the resort. I've heard stories where people have waited hours for their bags to arrive.

Just remember that you might not always get your bags right when you get to the resort. I've heard stories where people have waited hours for their bags to arrive.

They never claim bags with arrive with you. 3 or 4 hours AFTER arriving at the resort is standard.

I've heard those stories too. Three to four hours for their bags to arrive. What I've never heard is stories where people get their bags right when you get to the resort.

I've heard those stories too. Three to four hours for their bags to arrive. What I've never heard is stories where people get their bags right when you get to the resort.

Actually that did happen to us once. Longest ride ever on magic express because our driver took a detour to avoid a highway accident, then traffic was a mess as we got near the contemporary because of an accident near that resort. We got to our room at poly at 1pm, 2.5 hours after we landed early. Not even 5 minutes later, our luggage was delivered. Clearly our luggage took a more efficient route from the airport to the resort!

That mess was nothing I'd ever wish for again. 🤣

My sister just had to do this in June because her tags were sent to her son in Dallas who was the one she was vacationing with but she lives in Ohio. I told her to give the claim tags to the CM and they got her luggage for her0no problems. I would suggest taking a picture of your luggage tags just in case you need the info for whatever reason before handing them over to the CM

You shouldn't have any problems with giving Disney your baggage claims. I do take the extra step while I'm on the plane to type the tag numbers into notes on my phone just in case though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter