No more “real” glasses and mugs?

I wonder if certain resorts have glass, while certain resorts have to have paper. I'm searching my memory, because it seems to me that there was something that resorts had to have access to in order to provide real glasses and mugs in studios (or maybe I remember wrong). But if they're going back to paper, my first purchase at WDW will be a coffee mug-I can't stand drinking coffee out of paper cups at home, or home away from home.

Just recently stayed at BWV Feb 2-4th then AK Jambo 4-9th both studios and both had stone coffee mugs and real glasses..... but paper plates and plastic utensils

Interesting! OP here. We have stayed at SSR before, most recently in Aug 2017, and had mugs and glasses. But not this time (Feb).

We started out with 4 paper cups. I asked the housekeeper for more when he came by for the trash pick up (or security check, depends on your point of view!). He gave us more than enough paper cups for the rest of our stay.

They did give us the little bottle of Palmolive. I still washed the coffee pot.

On a different note, the newer body wash and lotion bottles seem bigger to me. I like that!

I wonder if certain resorts have glass, while certain resorts have to have paper. I'm searching my memory, because it seems to me that there was something that resorts had to have access to in order to provide real glasses and mugs in studios (or maybe I remember wrong). But if they're going back to paper, my first purchase at WDW will be a coffee mug-I can't stand drinking coffee out of paper cups at home, or home away from home.

They all had coffee mugs and glasses. The last time they did the paper switch they were at first making claims that resorts like SSR and OKW didn't have proper sanitizing equipment or something like that. Then they figured out how to do it again.......

No, they used to have real glasses and mugs. Paper plates and plastic flatware, but real glasses and mugs.

We have been to the VGF Three times and always had real mugs. Same with AKL. I guess we may have to put mugs in our owners locker LOL!

Just returned today. Stayed at Bwv and copper creek. Studios for both. Had 4 ceramic mugs and 4 glasses in both studios.

Just returned today. Stayed at Bwv and copper creek. Studios for both. Had 4 ceramic mugs and 4 glasses in both studios.
Yeah!
Still, SSR and OKW should have them too! In the previous time when DVC introduced styrofoam cups and only paper glasses, VB, the inn rooms and studios also had the downgrade. There always has been dishwashers at the restaurants at DVB.

Since it's hit and miss on real cups & plates, I always pack my travel coffee mug (which keeps the coffee nice and hot anyway) and always, always pack my wine glass. :)

Each resort seems to set their own policy. In reality having housekeeping wash your kitchenware is not a good idea, not sanitary, check out youtube for hidden camera reports.

:earsboy: Bill

We had all paper at SSR back in June. And not as much as usual I think We stay almost two weeks so I end up bringing my own stuff to supplement.

I think the paper cups, mugs are basically at SSR and OKW. Both do not have a hotel attached and therefore no large scullery to clean dishes. The other WDW sites should be able to provide clean sanitized glasses and mugs.

I think the paper cups, mugs are basically at SSR and OKW. Both do not have a hotel attached and therefore no large scullery to clean dishes. The other WDW sites should be able to provide clean sanitized glasses and mugs.

But this was DVCs excuse all those years ago, and both resorts were provided with the necessary washing equipment.

Bill, it was about the time that social media had a disgusting video about housekeeping in a certain resort that DVC began their attempt to take away mugs and glasses from studios.

I remember those days, we started with glass ware, then switched to paper, then back to glass...
It's been many years since we have been in studios, with the grand kids going now we're in a 2BR or GV.

They had the equipment. And they both have restaurants that I'd hope also have sanitizing equipment.

I don't see housekeeping collecting studio kitchenware and sending it out to be cleaned. I also have never seen them run the dishwasher in the larger units. I would bet that they wash or rinse them and put them away as fast as possible. That is why we always wash and kitchenware that we intend to use when we first move in.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!