No more delivery

So far, I'm hearing only mobility companies are affected. Grocery deliveries, not. Likely because most grocery deliveries are going into units with full kitchens, and that is only the DVC 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units. Likely, what is really happening, Disney had issues with scooter and wheelchair companies or guests claiming they left equipment with bell services, when they did not. Besides, the resorts charge $6 for grocery delivery already, unless you are there to meet the driver and tote your own groceries. Plus the amount of room it takes to store mobility equipment in bell services areas has to be large, and they maybe running out of room for regular luggage storage. Why would they want to interrupt that supplemental revenue stream of $6? Now, if the mobility companies were willing to pay a fee for each item they deliver to Disney to build a specific storage area, and for an employee to man it 24/7, then the issue would probably go away. For instance, if you aren't there to meet the delivery driver, there is a $10 charge. and a $10 charge to drop it off for pickup by the mobility company.

Last edited:

Good thing I drink, and I have to claim my deliveries anyways 🍻 For people that don't, this stinks!

Another positive! I'm with you LOL

Thank you for this information.
It is looking like we can still order a scooter but I will need to be onsite and available for pick up. Is this correct?

So now we have to sit around a wait in the lobby for the scooter co to deliver. If I could walk with out it I would go to my room. Not a great change.

Michael, Do you think we can still use the featured vendors and have the scooter waiting for us when we arrive?

Michael, Do you think we can still use the featured vendors and have the scooter waiting for us when we arrive?
Looks like it affects featured vendors based on a reply over in the Resorts forum:
I just called Buena Vista and they confirmed it as well. They said they don't have all of the details yet. I have a reservation for Feb 2020...BV said that since it was already booked it was business as usual...not sure how that is going to work though. They encouraged me to call WDW and voice displeasure.

I am guessing the evc thing will probably get Disney the most blowback. This is just my observation, but on my trips it appeared that a lot of DVC owners were grandparents taking family/grandkids and often at least one had an ecv. I would be pretty upset with this change occurring after I spent big bucks on a DVC. My guess is many of them won't know of the change until the try to get an ecv just before their next trip after they have already made the rest of their plans.

I wonder how many scooters and strollers are delivered like this on an average day throughout WDW? Would it be worth it to the vendors to ask Disney/DVC to build a covered holding area at the resorts and hire a CM that could check-in/check-out the scooters/strollers to their assigned guests? I mean, if there are a lot of scooters/strollers the rental fees could be adjusted easily to cover the extra cost of the storage area and CM wages. Although it may take two CMs on some days, especially at larger resorts. The holding area wouldn't even need to be in close proximity to the lobby, if there are two CMs, one could remain at the covered area, and another could take the item to the lobby when the guest arrives or leaves. ANd if the guest is arriving by Magical Express, the holding area would have a heads up as to their arrival, just like the resort front desks do. I really think there are two reasons for the change...lack of adequate storage area and employee/bell services time, especially if wages and insurance costs are increasing.

Owners locker deliveries are also NOT affected.

I spoke with John the owner of Owners Locker today and he said that reservations made prior to 10/1/19 are not be affected, reservations made after that date fall under the new guidelines.

Wonder if this affects stroller rentals???

Yes it does per John from owners locker unless the reservation was made by 10/1/19;

I wonder how many scooters and strollers are delivered like this on an average day throughout WDW? Would it be worth it to the vendors to ask Disney/DVC to build a covered holding area at the resorts and hire a CM that could check-in/check-out the scooters/strollers to their assigned guests? I mean, if there are a lot of scooters/strollers the rental fees could be adjusted easily to cover the extra cost of the storage area and CM wages. Although it may take two CMs on some days, especially at larger resorts. The holding area wouldn't even need to be in close proximity to the lobby, if there are two CMs, one could remain at the covered area, and another could take the item to the lobby when the guest arrives or leaves. ANd if the guest is arriving by Magical Express, the holding area would have a heads up as to their arrival, just like the resort front desks do. I really think there are two reasons for the change...lack of adequate storage area and employee/bell services time, especially if wages and insurance costs are increasing.

So much for minimum waiges of $15 per hour.

I called WDW @ 1-407-939-5277 and the cast member was not able to verify the change to policy, she said they had no information about the change.

This does upset me as I will be renting strollers for my grandchildren for the next few years, the next trip I'm ok because I made my reservation prior to 10/1/19 but going forward for the next few years this will be an issue for me. This is a very inconvenient policy for both the guest and for the agency I'm renting the equipment from. This is not what we have been accustomed to with the "magical Disney experience". I surely hope that if they receive enough calls from people complaining about this change they will rethink this new policy. I for one will be calling again after 10/1 to see if they have received official word on this new policy and I will contact whom ever I need to, to voice my displeasure with their new policy. I hope others will do the same.

I think Orlando Stroller rental is setup just outside of the Disney Magical Express at the Orlando Airport for people to pick up their strollers, which I think is a great option, we have used them for the past 4 years. I haven't seen anything about ECV's but my folks won't be joining us in 2020, so I haven't been researching it.

he said that reservations made prior to 10/1/19 are not be affected, reservations made after that date fall under the new guidelines.
So we have to meet our lockers in person and can no longer leave them with bell services at checkout ?

Has anyone checked to see if the Disney website is still promoting Owners Locker and the ability to have the bell stand handle it?

I am going to ordering Owners Locker now that I’ll be going so often. This is disappointing. I wonder how it will work if someone arrives late. We will probably have to wait till next day. And I’ll assume that they will have set times to choose. Oh well.

Perhaps some of the problem is also that some of the younger, newer Disney vice presidents, who usually come to Walt Disney World via Disneyland are not really familiar with the differences in travel patterns between the two. Disneyland, being a much more regional park, probably doesn't see a lot of grocery deliveries and mobility device deliveries. Much less people staying a week or two, requiring special diets and things needing to be prepared fresh in the room. After all, there are only 50 or so units with full kitchens at Disneyland, and they are very likely under utilized for actual cooking, unlike Walt Disney World where there are a few thousand kitchens and people staying a week or longer. They may be wondering why people need all these groceries, and heaven forbid they get old and need a scooter to get around a large resort and not just the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter