No more delivery

The resorts may need to have a few wheelchairs at Bell Services when guests get off the DME buses for those guests needing a scooter and not having one. Then Bell Service would wheel them to a waiting area where they would need to wait for their scooter to pick up. Bell Services would never let the wheelchair out of their possession (otherwise, they would be gone all the time).

So we have to meet our lockers in person and can no longer leave them with bell services at checkout ?
NO - Owner's Locker is NOT affected by this policy only stroller/scooter delivery services. Owner's Locker is associated with Magic Strollers (a Preferred Disney Provider), but Owner's Locker is not affected at all.

Owner's Locker members can still have Bell Services deliver and pick up their lockers on checkout day. There are no changes related to OL.

NO - Owner's Locker is NOT affected by this policy only stroller/scooter delivery services. Owner's Locker is associated with Magic Strollers (a Preferred Disney Provider), but Owner's Locker is not affected at all.

awesome! Thank you!

I am going to ordering Owners Locker now that I’ll be going so often. This is disappointing. I wonder how it will work if someone arrives late. We will probably have to wait till next day. And I’ll assume that they will have set times to choose. Oh well.
This does NOT affect Owner's Locker at all. In fact, Owner's Locker is working with DVC on some new benefits for DVC Members. Deliveries of Lockers will still be made to Disney Resorts and kept with Bell Services until picked up at check in. Bell services will still store the lockers after checkout.

It does affect Magic Strollers which is owned by Owner's Locker.

I made a reservation with Apple Scooters for the week of Oct. 19 and when I called their customer service I was told since I made my reservation already that our ecv would still be with bell services and this was for new reservations.

I'm going to play devils advocate here for a moment. We all know it only take a few dishonest people to ruin in for everyone. Disney takes delivery of something, the guest comes picks it up, then claims that it doesn't work, is damaged, isn't what I ordered..... its a he said/she said and I am sure Disney has always taken responsibility. If the rental company delivers it right to the guest and they sign on it's condition the cast member is no longer liable.

I heard from a CM it is because they have hd a lot of instances of rental companies supplying goods that were not fit for purpose (broken wheels etc) and the bell services don't want to be dealing with that. Also with the increase in scooter use they just don't have the space. Seems reasonable to me.

My personal opinion: making it more difficult for guests to get wheelchairs and scooters could turn into a PR nightmare. Guests could start making videos of how difficult it is for disabled or older people to move around while waiting for their delivery to arrive. Disney is going to look BAD.

I think it is just the growing volume of food deliveries, strollers, and ECVs to Bell Services is the issue, probably have run out of space in the storage areas all the time now. I think they should have started with the strollers first, but I guess families with little kids would have complained. Since we use the MDE and can pick up our stroller at the airport, this is actually works out better for us. Food delivery is no different for us, because we order beer and wine, so we had to pick it up.

Also, probably a lot of damaged items being reported and blamed on Bell Services might be another reason.

This does NOT affect Owner's Locker at all. In fact, Owner's Locker is working with DVC on some new benefits for DVC Members. Deliveries of Lockers will still be made to Disney Resorts and kept with Bell Services until picked up at check in. Bell services will still store the lockers after checkout.

It does affect Magic Strollers which is owned by Owner's Locker.

Well that is good! Someone posted here they talked to John who said it would! Yeah!

I think Orlando Stroller rental is setup just outside of the Disney Magical Express at the Orlando Airport for people to pick up their strollers, which I think is a great option, we have used them for the past 4 years. I haven't seen anything about ECV's but my folks won't be joining us in 2020, so I haven't been researching it.

Thanks for the heads up on this rental company for stroller rentals. We may have to use them in 2021 unless Disney changes their mind about this new restriction. I'm hoping they do.

So we have to meet our lockers in person and can no longer leave them with bell services at checkout ?

According to John at OL he is only aware of the change affecting strollers and ECV's not the lockers.

Well maybe if everyone were to call or write letters they would rethink this change.

I'm guessing this is a storage issue. With so many of us mow using DME, that adds up to a lot of deliveries as not as many people are hiring cars. This means that there are more deliveries. All those deliveries have to be stored somewhere, most likely where they store luggage. These areas simply weren't built for the amount of stuff.

This is one of those things that I have always felt was an incredible perk. Until we had grandkids, I didn't know these outside vendors existed. Being there to meet the delivery of something I'm renting is a small price to pay. But that's just me. I guess we get spoiled because everything has been made so convenient.

Well that is good! Someone posted here they talked to John who said it would! Yeah!

Since the rest of that person’s post was about the stroller delivery from OL I figured it was all about strollers.

With so many of us mow using DME, that adds up to a lot of deliveries as not as many people are hiring cars.

Is there some sort of info that says more people take DME suddenly and aren’t renting cars?

If, in the end, it turns out it will apply to grocery deliveries, it probably won't have a huge impact for me. If you use Prime Now/Whole Foods When you order, they give you a two hour window. I don't order unless I know I'll be in the room anyway, as I don't like my groceries sitting around at bell services. I've seen their overflowing storage areas. So once I get a text that they're delivered, I call Bell Services right away and ask them to bring them up. Prime Now/Whole Foods has delivery tracking on their app, you can see when the drivers are nearby and then I can walk up to meet them. Other delivery services, if they don't have real time tracking, probably should see about adding it.

If, in the end, it turns out to apply to grocery deliveries, it probably won't have a huge impact, if you use Prime Now/Whole Foods When you order, they give you a two hour window. I don't order unless I know I'll be in the room anyway, as I don't like my groceries sitting around at bell services. I've seen their overflowing storage areas. So once I get a text that they're delivered, I call Bell Services right away and ask them to bring them up. Prime Now/Whole Foods has delivery tracking on their app, you can see when the drivers are nearby and then I can walk up to meet them. Other delivery services, if they don't have real time tracking, probably should see about adding it.
I think outside of the EVC part, it is an understandable change. I am saying this as someone who won’t be impacted by the EVC change.

Is there some sort of info that says more people take DME suddenly and aren’t renting cars?

I know I do. I always had either my own car, when I drove down, or rented a car at MCO, and went to Publix to do grocery shopping. A few years ago I tried saving some $ and used DME and never looked back.

I know I do. I always had either my own car, when I drove down, or rented a car at MCO, and went to Publix to do grocery shopping. A few years ago I tried saving some $ and used DME and never looked back.

Now with Uber and Lyft, we have gone to this too if we need to. Not as expensive as a rental car and for the one trip to the liquor store, it is worth it. We used to always rent so we could make a stop and drive to the parks vs the buses

I know loads of Brits who always had a car but now don't and use DME. As the pound has dropped against the dollar Brits are looking for ways to reduce costs and free transport from the airport is a big draw. It was typical for us to swing by and pick up ECVs or wheelchairs on the way from the airport but now we have them delivered.

I actually rented an ECV from a company that wasn't allowed to leave it at bell services. I called the company when I was on my way to SSR on DME they had the delivery truck out front of the check in lobby and when we were leaving they knew the time we would be leaving for the airport on MDE and were there a half hour before. So as much as an inconvenience it is it's not too bad. Also talked to someone about my delivery from Garden Grocer for October. According to her and her supervisor it doesn't affect grocery deliveries as of now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter