No more delivery

A friendly reminder: Posting a link that appears in **** means that website is in our site filter. Suggesting a work around, or getting creative with spelling or directing people to "google" it is considered a filter violation in the DIS Terms of service.

From our board rules:

FILTERED WORDS, NAMES and URLS
The DIS is a privately owned web site and we reserve the right to restrict any outside commercial ventures at our discretion. We will not discuss the reasons behind why specific websites are filtered and any discussion regarding the word filter may be deleted. If you have questions or comments about this or any other DISboards policy, you can address with the webmasters at admin@wdwinfo.com.

Last edited:
If, as Ms. Minnie suggests, www.scooterbug.com is a new "Preferred Provider" for mobility devices, it would make sense, since they have locations both in Orlando and in Anaheim. And I'm sure they likely pay some sort of premium for that designation. I wonder if they are exempt from the new policy? Perhaps they will branch out into the stroller market, as well. However, generally speaking, strollers are not a requirement for getting around a resort, children can walk or be carried, if necessary. I understand it is very inconvenient, but a simple umbrella stroller for very young kids can easily be brought on a plane and can be used around the resort, with larger Disney stroller rentals in the parks.

Last edited:
A friendly reminder: Posting a link that appears in **** means that website is in our site filter. Suggesting a work around, or getting creative with spelling or directing people to "google" it is considered a filter violation in the DIS Terms of service.

From our board rules:

FILTERED WORDS, NAMES and URLS
The DIS is a privately owned web site and we reserve the right to restrict any outside commercial ventures at our discretion. We will not discuss the reasons behind why specific websites are filtered and any discussion regarding the word filter may be deleted. If you have questions or comments about this or any other DISboards policy, you can address with the webmasters at admin@wdwinfo.com.

Gottcha, sorry for the error. I was only trying to answer a previous posters question about source of information. It won't happen again.

If, as Ms. Minnie suggests, www.scooterbug.com is a new "Preferred Provider" for mobility devices, it would make sense, since they have locations both in Orlando and in Anaheim. And I'm sure they likely pay some sort of premium for that designation. I wonder if they are exempt for the new policy? Perhaps they will branch out into the stroller market, as well. However, generally speaking, strollers are not a requirement for getting around a resort, children can walk or be carried, if necessary. I understand it is very inconvenient, but a simple umbrella stroller for very young kids can easily be brought on a plane and can be used around the resort, with larger Disney stroller rentals in the parks.

Scooterbug already does strollers.

I've seen it reported by two sources that Scooterbug will be the sole preferred vendor.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/09/scooterbug-becomes-walt-disney-worlds.html

Scooterbug already does strollers.

I've seen it reported by two sources that Scooterbug will be the sole preferred vendor.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/09/scooterbug-becomes-walt-disney-worlds.html

Thanks for the info, so I'm guessing this means we should be able to rent strollers from this source to be delivered and picked up at the resort without the guest being present. I guess I have to stay tuned to get a definitive answer.

I can understand why it would be better for Disney to have only one vender to deal with. I know John from OL sounded frazzled the day I spoke to him about this, I don't think he was very happy about the change. I guess I don't blame him as this will probably cut into his bottom line.

I apologize if this has been covered...does this whole new policy affect crib rentals/deliveries? Not pack n plays, I'm referring to the actual cribs that you can have delivered.

Thanks!

I hope that Disney does exclude scooters and the like for people who need that assistance.

Otherwise I think this is a great move. I have stopped letting Disney touch my luggage because it takes too long for them to get to it half the time. And calling when you are checking out and that wait is just annoying.

Not loving it since I have heard problems with scooterbug. But I get part of the reasoning.

Honestly I was surprised when I went to Disney with my MIL who was disabled that Disney hadn’t done this sooner.

They have a florist, but you have to strike out on your own for scooters. Never got that. By having a single vendor to lean on, they can require new services and integrate it better into the guest experience and Disney ecosystem.

I hope that Disney does exclude scooters and the like for people who need that assistance.
The problem is, how would they know who "needs" an ECV and who does not. Under the ADA they are basically prohibited from asking anything about the disability, basically only "Do you require the use of a scooter" is all they are permitted to ask. There are also those people like my Mom who absolutely needed a wheelchair in the parks and resorts, but did just fine at home (she had 3 surgeries on the same hip). We always traveled with our own manual wheelchair, so didn't need to rent one. But, if I hadn't been able to push her, we'd have had to rent an ECV.

I feel bad for those inconvenienced by ay changes. However, I have to admit reading threads on here that I’m surprised at how many people rented in the past and had companies just leave scooters sitting for them. For something as important as that I would think I’d want to meet someone from the rental company in person to make sure I was comfortable with the product.

I’m guessing it is rarely a problem but still not a chance I’d imagine myself taking.

The problem is, how would they know who "needs" an ECV and who does not. Under the ADA they are basically prohibited from asking anything about the disability, basically only "Do you require the use of a scooter" is all they are permitted to ask. There are also those people like my Mom who absolutely needed a wheelchair in the parks and resorts, but did just fine at home (she had 3 surgeries on the same hip). We always traveled with our own manual wheelchair, so didn't need to rent one. But, if I hadn't been able to push her, we'd have had to rent an ECV.
You have to go with everybody that requires a scooter (and I am not here to propose how to determine that).

The actually bigger issue with what you pointed out, and the not being able to ask anything about a disability (and I am not suggesting that that is right or wrong) is the dogs. Right now its not a big issue, and it may take 20 years, but eventually the MK will become a dog park.

If, as Ms. Minnie suggests, www.scooterbug.com is a new "Preferred Provider" for mobility devices, it would make sense, since they have locations both in Orlando and in Anaheim. And I'm sure they likely pay some sort of premium for that designation. I wonder if they are exempt from the new policy? Perhaps they will branch out into the stroller market, as well. However, generally speaking, strollers are not a requirement for getting around a resort, children can walk or be carried, if necessary. I understand it is very inconvenient, but a simple umbrella stroller for very young kids can easily be brought on a plane and can be used around the resort, with larger Disney stroller rentals in the parks.

Good to know thanks!

Yes strollers can be a necessity for a solo parent with multiple non-walkers.

How am I supposed to know when the UPS guy will show up?
Not applicable to the new WDW policy as other posters have stated but most delivery companies (including UPS) give you a tracking number that allows you "see" where your package is. Useful for many city dwellers without front porches;).

It’s official. Scooterbug will be the sole featured provider for stroller, ECV and wheelchair rentals. The announcement is on Disney’s website.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/stroller-rentals/
Disney Featured Provider
Guests who use a stroller or mobility device when visiting Walt Disney World Resort have a variety of options including using a personally-owned stroller or mobility device, renting through ScooterBug—the Disney Featured Provider—or renting from another third-party company.
ScooterBug, a private mobility rental company in the Central Florida area, is the Disney Featured Provider to offer stroller, ECV and wheelchair rentals at Walt Disney World Resort theme parks and Disney Springs in addition to length-of-stay rentals for Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels. When Disney Resort hotel Guests choose to rent through ScooterBug, the Guest does not need to be present when the equipment is delivered to the Resort hotel. ScooterBug will work with Disney Resort Cast Members to manage deliveries and returns of rented strollers, ECVs and wheelchairs. Pre-orders and deliveries of mobility rentals through ScooterBug to Disney Resort hotels are available by visiting scooterbug.com/orlando or calling (800) 726-8284.
What recently changed about the Disney Featured Provider program?
We recently modified the Disney Featured Provider program to enhance and simplify the vacation planning process. The program previously included several Featured Providers offering rental options to Guests. Effective October 1, ScooterBug, who is the current provider of rental strollers and mobility devices in our theme parks and Disney Springs, will also become the Disney Featured Provider for our Resort Guests.
I already reserved a mobility device for my trip to Walt Disney World with another company. What does this mean for my existing reservation?
Disney Resort hotel Cast will continue to manage equipment deliveries and returns for reservations made on or before September 30, 2019 with the following vendors: Apple Scooter, Best Price Scooters and Strollers, Buena Vista Scooter Rentals, Kingdom Strollers, Magic Strollers and Orlando Stroller Rentals. Please contact the vendor directly with any additional questions about your current or future reservations.
Will vendors still be able to deliver my pre-ordered stroller, ECV or wheelchair rental and arrange delivery at Disney Resort hotels in the future?
Yes. Guests who rent from our Disney Featured Provider, ScooterBug, do not need to be present when the equipment is delivered to the Resort hotels. ScooterBug will work with Disney Resort Cast Members to manage deliveries and returns of rented strollers, ECVs and wheelchairs. Guests who rent through other vendors will need to be present when the equipment is delivered. Please contact those third-party vendors directly for information about their rentals.
Do I have to be present to receive my mobility device?
Guests do not need to be present for deliveries when they rent through ScooterBug. ScooterBug will work with Disney Resort Cast Members to manage deliveries and returns of rented strollers, ECVs and wheelchairs.
For reservations made with the following vendors on or before September 30, 2019, Walt Disney World Resort hotel Cast Members will continue to manage the equipment deliveries and returns on the Guest’s behalf: Apple Scooter, Best Price Scooters and Strollers, Buena Vista Scooter Rentals, Kingdom Strollers, Magic Strollers and Orlando Stroller Rentals. Please contact the vendor directly with any additional questions about your current or future reservations.
Can I still bring my personally owned mobility device?
Yes. Guests can use a personally-owned stroller, ECV or wheelchair. As a reminder, strollers and ECVs must fall within the guidelines outlined on our Property Rules page on Disneyworld.com.

I apologize if this has been covered...does this whole new policy affect crib rentals/deliveries? Not pack n plays, I'm referring to the actual cribs that you can have delivered.

Thanks!

Good question. I have rented cribs before, thankfully I don't have to do that anymore unless we get a surprise. :flower1: Nothing was said about crib rentals so I'm guess for now you may be safe? That may be something that comes up at a later date. Just have to wait and see.

I'd love to check out the link, but it's dead. So far Disney Media relations has not responded to my request for information. As far as I know DISNEY has made no public announcement nor are there any official release in their media site.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter