No more Ice cream! FD DR 14-22 October 2017 - COMPLETED

LanaBear-ox

Mouseketeer
Welcome everyone!

Now, this trip was NOTHING like I planned, except the ADR's we got that was spot on. As you can see from the dates we experienced the amazing Food and Wine Festival.. Again, we didn't try anything. Can you tell we are good at this? It was our first time to WDW and I made this list I wanted to try but we we make it even around all of EPCOT? No again :thumbsup2

So I'll start with our travel day from the UK to MCO via PHL. Here we go everyone :goodvibes

The Lion and Antelope, Manchester Airport Terminal 3 (the worst terminal)

So after a bit of drama at airport security as my hairbrush got my hand luggage scanned again (go me) I was absolutely starving (and nervous). So this is a tiny terminal compared to 1 and 2. There's a few shops, duty free and a pub right in the middle. I fancied a big breakfast so at 8am it was already busy (yay). We found a seat and I decided to get The Full Monty (£9.95 :eek:), a latte and Luke got a Sausage bap and Coke.

20171014_075728.jpg

It was time to board our flight (before a bit of drama that TSA caused me) on American Airlines. Lunch was served just short of 2 hours into the flight - Chicken and rice! It wasn't that bad either.

20171014_115755.jpg

Luke had a a few cans of Heineken as the premier league football was on and I'm pretty sure 80% of the flight were watching it. We landed at Philadelphia and cruised through immigration and security and worked up an appetite. We heard a lot of good things about Chickies and Pete but we passed by a pizza place and the slices looked like heaven :angel:

Famous Famiglia Pizzeria - Philadelphia Airport

20171014_152904.jpg

We still had a few hours to kill before the next flight and could have had another 4 slices. I settled for some Lays, Kit Kat and a bottle of coke.
Can't say much about the flight but I woke up to a packet of pretzels on my tray table and a bottle of water which was nice.
We landed at MCO an hour and a half later than our arrival time without our luggage (it's in my trip report if anyone wants to know :rotfl:). We arrived at Port Orleans French Quarter just before midnight and went to the food court to pick up our free refillable mugs and use the coke freestyle machines. I love my mug and use it for work to take my much needed coffee on early mornings.

Next: BOG, Crystal Palace & S.Floatworks

Thanks for joining on my DR.
We had a reservation and BOG for 9am so we got to Magic Kingdom at 8.20am and the park was already open! I didn't know if we had EMH or not, I didn't think we did. Anyway we made our way to Fantasyland. Luke said we would check in and we would have a look around until we were called. We went up to the check in area and they said go on go through down the left hand side. YES! 30 minutes before we were scheduled to sit down. It probably helped that we pre-ordered on MDE beforehand.

We both had Feast a la Gaston, 2 cokes and the Grey stuff cupcake. Also free pastries came with this meal but we only had 2 from the platter as we were already stuffed. Food came 5 minutes after we just sat down. We were out just after 9am.

20171015_084109.jpg

20171015_084113.jpg

20171015_084026.jpg

We both found out very quickly that we hated the bacon. It's way too tough maybe it's a British thing!
We enjoyed our day in Magic Kingdom and used some of our snack credits on drinks as it was 87 degrees (31) and was a bit too hot for us for the first day! We decided to check in to Crystal Palace at 3pm as our reservation was at 3.20pm. They called us over within 5 minutes and we were sat by 3.10pm and
2 of the characters were making there rounds

20171015_152245.jpg

I loved the steak, mashed potatoes and the brioche buns. I don't think Luke was a big fan but I'd be happy to come back. We met with all the characters within 20 minutes. We obviously sat down at a great time. I only had some soft serve ice cream but they did have a big selection of little cakes.

20171015_155944.jpg

We finished just after 4pm and made our way back to the resort. We chilled for a bit and went down to Sassagoula Floatworks to check what they had. We got the Bacon Cheeseburger, kettle chips and cajun flavoured fries and took it back to our room. This also came with a drink so Luke got a Monster and I got a Nesquick milkshake.

20171015_200925.jpg

It was nice but if it didn't have the bacon I would have enjoyed it more. We didn't really eat at the food court because southern flavours aren't our thing. We did enjoy the cheese pizza's a few nights though!
We had a great day and enjoyed the food. I would go back to both BOG and Crystal Palace!

Next up: S.Floatworks, Sci Fi and Beaches and Cream

Hi everyone! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year! :flower:

Sassagoula Floatworks

We rose nice and early this morning ready to tackle our day at Hollywood Studios.

20171016_081452.jpg

20171016_081406.jpg

We had the bacon and egg muffin meal I think it was called? It had a weird maple jam that we absolutely hated and ruined it for us! The tater tots were really nice though.

We had an easy going morning at HS and didn't seem that busy until TOT reached 105 minutes but we had fastpasses for it and at one point the fastpass line for RnR was at the gate but I think a car must have broken down as we waited around 20 minutes to get on.

Soon we were able to have our lunch at

Sci Fi!

20171016_134232.jpg

DELICIOUS. Classic burger (bacon, cheese, salad) with fries with a vanilla milkshake.

20171016_132927.jpg

How beautiful does that look? It was just amazing.
Because we were on the dining plan I was able to get a dessert. I had the Sci Fi candy bar and Luke had the brownie.

20171016_140607.jpg

20171016_140612.jpg

We were absolutely stuffed but so glad we were on the dining plan. The tip came to just less than $20 I'm sure.

We had a reservation at

Beaches and Cream

which we soon came to regret.. A lot. We went back to our hotel to have a shower and change and went to EPCOT and walked through the international gateway and jumped on the boat to the Beach club. I must say we had to ask 2 cast members where it was as there was zero signage and had to walk down a corridor and totally thought we were going the wrong way.

Don't think we will be coming back here, I can't believe how small the room is as well. But hey ho, we weren't complaining (just yet).

20171016_181954.jpg

Luke got the classic burger which was massive and I got the patty melt on rye bread.

20171016_181958.jpg

Didn't care for mine except the onion rings, Luke enjoyed his though. I felt like I needed some variety from pizza and burgers!
We got dessert.. A few scoops of vanilla ice cream for Luke and a mint choc chip cone for me.

20171016_184219.jpg

20171016_184222.jpg

This was definitely the least expensive meal of the trip but we had good fun. Our server was really nice and made us feel really welcome. Luke at this point did not say how he was feeling. I wore some shoes that made the side of my foot sore so I was trying to keep up with him. Luke spun round at me and said 'WOULD YOU HURRY UP'.. Erm ok? Little did I know but he was feeling 'green' as you might say. We got to the front entrance of THE BEACH CLUB and he says 'I'm going to be sick'. UM WHAT? I AM LITERALLY NOT PREPARED, OH GOD, WE ARE IN THE LOBBY OF THE BEACH CLUB' We saw some benches dotted around and then it came, the real party stopper, all this ice cream EVERYWHERE. I ran inside and asked someone to help me as it just wasn't stopping. I guy from bell services gave me a towel and water and I literally shot off running - Usain Bolt running. I threw the towel over the ice cream (gross, sorry) and Luke was sweating absolute bucket loads. I was honestly thinking to myself we need to see a doctor or something! He eventually stopped, I apologised to the guy who came and he gave us another bottle of water.

We walked to the bus stop but then Luke said there was no way he could get on a bus and now he needed a bathroom. OH LORD WHY. Found the bathroom and I went to withdraw some money for a taxi because that was the only way we were getting back to the resort. I went up to reception explaining how can I call for a taxi and she said there's a guy at a booth who will call us - oh the guy who was staring but learly couldn't leave his desk lol. I thanked her as she said she would happily call an ambulance if we needed it - ok thanks! The guy at the front called us a taxi and was there in 30 seconds. Obviously had my crazy, stressed, hot wife hat on as he smiled at me and said we hope you had a good time (hmmm yeah could say that). Luke had a bag but didn't need to use it. Taxi got us back in less than 10 minutes and I just gave him $20 and thanked him so much lol. I got Luke to the room and ran and got some powerade from the food court. Great tip people - if you are sick or losing a lot of bodily fluids powerade or gatorade is the best thing you can drink because it replaces your electrolytes! I'm sure I cried just because it couldn't happen to anyone except him - he never gets sick! I had to phone his mum using whatsapp as I was so scared just in case. I really didn't sleep well that night and we had a full day at Magic Kingdom but at that point I really didn't care he was what mattered in that moment and I would have traded my soul for him not to be that sick. I'm literally re-living that moment and it's making me sweat :scared:

Spoiler - We went to Disney Springs and then MNSSHP and he seemed a lot brighter. However, our time at MNSHHP was cut mega short (as in we left at 8pm) and then everything went downhill with him being really ill. I'm not sure if it was dehydration, the food or a bug but it was just insane. We were meant to have a full day at EPCOT on the Wednesday but we made it around 6pm. Yay...

I'll update more when I can! Hope you all have a great day :flower1:

Raglan Road, Flame Tree BBQ & 'Ohana

So we were off to Disney Springs for Lunch and went to Raglan Road.. Not what I expected and I'm sorry but that bread was absolutely vile

Luke had the Burger 'R' Way and I had fish and chips. For dessert I had Dundon's Delight. Luke didn't want a dessert and that was pretty much like the whole trip. I mean I wasn't going to pass up free dessert

Raglan Road Lunch

20171017_120032.jpg
20171017_121435.jpg

20171017_121445.jpg

20171017_124147.jpg

We headed back to POFQ to get ready for MNSSHP but we were still hungry so when we got there we went to the Lunching Pad for a hotdog, Frozen Coke and got some crisps as well.

20171017_174339.jpg
20171017_174508.jpg

I was absolutely obsessed with the frozen Coke, I couldn't get enough of it and of course kept all the Mickey Straws!
We headed back home during MNSSHP but as usual nothing made Luke happier than his Cheese Pizza and we both had one each..

20171017_225553.jpg

So Wednesday was the day Luke would not get up, he felt really sick and had a migraine so I got him Advil from the shop and some Powerade as I sensed it was dehydration. We had a reservation at Via Napoli and said he wanted to go so off we went to EPCOT. I don't know what it was about the CM we had but she wanted to take us outside but I said I'm sorry but Luke had been sick all day and could we sit inside where it was cool and I'm not sure if that was a pattern of events but it wasn't the best impression we got. Anyway our server came by and she was a lot brighter and explained what we could have so we got the individual pizzas, mine was Pepperoni and Luke had Margarita.

Via Napoli Dinner

20171018_170442.jpg
20171018_170445.jpg

Unpopular Opinion I'm sure but I really wasn't a fan and nor was Luke. We wouldn't go back as it just didn't taste good!

For Dessert I had Tiramissu and DAMN it was good.

20171018_174751.jpg

We got back to POFQ and Luke wanted his Beignets with Ice cream..

20171018_200027.jpg
20171018_200031.jpg

We were off to Animal Kingdom so we had a muffin each for breakfast

20171019_085305.jpg

My horror when I realised I hadn't taken a photo of it!

It was only 10am but I was passing one of the carts so of course I had to get one

20171019_111525.jpg

We went to Flame Tree BBQ which I wasn't too keen on at first but actually it was quite nice. We both had the Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich.

Flame Tree BBQ Lunch

20171019_131831.jpg

20171019_132825.jpg

The seating area at the bottom was gorgeous! We had this around 1pm as we didn't want to eat late as we had a reservation at 'Ohana later!

'Ohana Dinner

20171019_183529_10.jpg
20171019_183619_10.jpg

Our reservation was for 7 and had to wait a few minutes but where we were sat a group of ladies were rather drunk and were chatting Luke up which was hilarious!

Anyway, we went in and the CM at the front of house was from New Zealand and was so nice and we got chatting where she was from and where I was from! Anyway, on with the food!
Luke wasn't a fan of the bread and nor was I but I was finding myself going back for more

20171019_184442.jpg

20171019_190212.jpg
20171019_191139.jpg

20171019_190612.jpg
20171019_191142.jpg

20171019_191926.jpg

I enjoyed most of it, the steak was a little rare for me which Luke didn't eat, we both don't eat shrimp and Luke doesn't eat chicken that's on the bone but I loved it but unfortunately Luke wouldn't come back.
However, the dessert was absolutely AMAZING.

20171019_194333.jpg

20171019_194339.jpg

We walked around the Poly and it's such a beautiful resort. We got the monorail back to MK and jumped on the bus back to POFQ as we had such a long day.

Days 6-8 Rose and Crown & Rainforest Cafe

We started our day by having breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. I had the Cinnamon Roll and Luke had the muffin. It was the best thing I had for breakfast all week it was so delicious.

20171020_103940_10.jpg

Since Luke still wasn't feeling 100% he wondered what the closest time we could get our reservation changed at Rose and Crown. I moved it so we had 30 minutes until we could sit down and eat :rotfl:

Rose and Crown Dining Room Lunch

20171020_121246_10.jpg

20171020_121313_10.jpg

I never really took photos of our drinks as we usually get Coke but Luke wanted Orange Fanta and I couldn't believe how orange it was!

20171020_122142_10.jpg

Anyway I ordered the Shepherd's Pie and Luke had Fish and Chips and a side of mushy peas. I was a bit annoyed as our server didn't say that the mushy peas came with an extra price of $5.. Probably should of looked at the menu a bit closely :bitelip:

20171020_123413_10.jpg
20171020_123415_10.jpg

Of course I had dessert once again and the sprinkles were shaped mickey heads! It was the English Trifle and was delicious! Our server wanted Luke to have something as she felt bad and even offered to give him a cookie so he could take it with him. She was lovely and really attentive so gave her a nice tip :goodvibes

20171020_130515_10.jpg
20171020_130520_10.jpg

After our fun day at EPCOT we went to Disney Springs for some shopping and I was desperate to try a rice krispie treat from the Goofy Company Co

20171020_193938_10.jpg
20171020_193954_10.jpg

It was huge and I didn't even finish it! Anyway.. Can you guess what we had for dinner? Bet you can't

20171020_184051_10.jpg

We are far too predictable!

Now onto our last full day at WDW..

We went to Typhoon Lagoon and I had some popcorn and a pink donut but for some reason I must have stuffed my face with it as I didn't get a photo of it!

20171021_120010_10.jpg

We headed back to our room for a shower and to get ready as we were going back to Disney Springs for some food.

Rainforest Cafe Late Lunch/Early Dinner

20171021_145022_10.jpg

20171021_151339_10.jpg
20171021_151346_10.jpg

Can you believe I declined a dessert? There wasn't anything that was appealing and we both getting headaches because of how loud it was! We were in the Gorilla section so these monkeys were going off ALL the time!
The food was really nice though. I finally got a steak and Luke said it was one of the nicest burgers he had while we were here.

20171021_154226_10.jpg

We were up kind of early as we were going to Universal so I got myself a pastry and Luke got himself a drink

20171022_093438_10.jpg

I promise next time I'll take a photo when it's not half eaten..

And that's a wrap! Thanks for following me on my Dining Report. I finally finished it! Yay! :hyper:

We are hoping to go back September next year back on the dining plan and I can't wait to try some different places as we would go back to is Sci Fi, BOG and Crystal Palace. My trip report for WDW is completed so feel free to have a read! Thank you!

I am with you re: Via Napoli. It was a one and done for me as far as the pizza goes. I also agree that the pizza from the resort food court is pretty darn good! I am a DVC member, and when I was staying at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West I ordered via in-room dining twice in one week as the food comes from the POFQ food court :) I had pizza the first time and chicken parm the second. Yum!

I am with you re: Via Napoli. It was a one and done for me as far as the pizza goes. I also agree that the pizza from the resort food court is pretty darn good! I am a DVC member, and when I was staying at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West I ordered via in-room dining twice in one week as the food comes from the POFQ food court :) I had pizza the first time and chicken parm the second. Yum!

We were just addicted to it! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!