New OBC policy for onboard bookings....

Raspberry Beret

Mouseketeer
From a reputable TA's FB page:

CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS - NEW ONBOARD BOOKING POLICY

Effective today, all new onboard bookings for cruises of six days or less get a $100 shipboard credit per stateroom. All new onboard bookings for cruises of seven days or more get a $200 shipboard credit per stateroom. In addition to the shipboard credit, you get a 10% discount. The amount of the shipboard credit is the same, no matter what your Castaway Club status.

Also effective today, date changing an existing onboard booking (such as moving a "placeholder"), makes the booking subject to the limits above, rather than the credit in effect prior to the date change being processed.

DCL is scaling back. :sad2:

I just saw a notice that says that all onboard bookings of 7 nights or more will get $200 regardless of CC level; 6 nights or less will get $100. AND if you move an existing reservation (made at the higher OBC levels), you will drop down to the new levels.

wow, there goes one of my reasons to be a PLATINUM cruiser. Looks like they are hurting for some cash flow.

First, the online booking OBC and now the Castaway Club OBCs. With this and the limits placed on OBB bookings it may start making more sense to look for last minute deals rather than book on board.

From a reputable TA's FB page:

DCL is scaling back. :sad2:

If the above is true, that means that all of the dummy cruises with the nice OBC's will now be limited to $100 or $200. This stuff should be grandfathered to existing reservations. I actually intend on cruising all of my booked cruises but there are going to be some unhappy folks who booked dummy cruises to get the different OBC rates.

If the above is true, that means that all of the dummy cruises with the nice OBC's will now be limited to $100 or $200. This stuff should be grandfathered to existing reservations. I actually intend on cruising all of my booked cruises but there are going to be some unhappy folks who booked dummy cruises to get the different OBC rates.

Ok so I'm a novice and this is my first rebooking from a dummy booking I made on last weeks cruise. Is the $200 OBC from Disney or the TA or is Disney saying that flat across the board regardless of how you manage your reservation (direct or through a TA) the OBC will be $100 or $200 period, so no OBC incentive from a TA. :confused3
Like for my first cruise Disney gave me $25 OBC and my TA gave me $50 would it now be $100 period for a 5 day or less cruise and $200 for 7+ cruise?

This is for the onboard booking only. I don't think it would affect any extra OBC your travel agent gives you as an incentive to use them.

Ok so I'm a novice and this is my first rebooking from a dummy booking I made on last weeks cruise. Is the $200 OBC from Disney or the TA or is Disney saying that flat across the board regardless of how you manage your reservation (direct or through a TA) the OBC will be $100 or $200 period, so no OBC incentive from a TA. :confused3
Like for my first cruise Disney gave me $25 OBC and my TA gave me $50 would it now be $100 period for a 5 day or less cruise and $200 for 7+ cruise?

This is for booking made on-board. The OBC from a TA is unrelated and nothing that Disney controls.

This is the OBC that you receive from DISNEY. GOLD and PLATINUM until today were given larger OBC than the $100 and $200. This move is directed at those two groups of passengers.

wow...I really hope this is not fact! Especially when onboard, it is know and kind of encouraged to book dummy reservations, so alot of people do it with thoughts of a future cruise. To make this change and not grandfather all previous dummy ressies is pretty crappy.

it's a big difference for us. we are a family of 5, all platinum cruisers. when we sail, we get 2 connecting cabins. on a 7 night cruise, that's been $700. now it would be $400. it is definitely a factor in our decision making "knowing" we'd be getting "x" OBC.

ahhh....change.......inevitable.......

I kind of figured something would change with a recent survey I did, but I figured they would eliminate the 10% discount, but I guess limiting that , is a start. I imagine the next change will only be the smaller OBC.

Although it's quite disappointing for higher CC levels, it's great for new cruisers. It sounds like anyone, including those on their first cruise (who have not yet received their CC status) can book onboard and get OBC.

At this point, we are still Silver so it hasn't changed for us. But I can imagine a lot of cruisers would be very upset.

Yes, this seriously stinks...especially the fact that when I move my dummy bookings, I will lose the OBC that I had when I booked. Ah well, it does change the calculations concerning some restricted bookings (making them more attractive!)

Yes, this seriously stinks...especially the fact that when I move my dummy bookings, I will lose the OBC that I had when I booked. Ah well, it does change the calculations concerning some restricted bookings (making them more attractive!)

I agree. It will make some of those last minute restricted deals more attractive.

Although it's quite disappointing for higher CC levels, it's great for new cruisers. It sounds like anyone, including those on their first cruise (who have not yet received their CC status) can book onboard and get OBC.

At this point, we are still Silver so it hasn't changed for us. But I can imagine a lot of cruisers would be very upset.

Guests on their first cruise have always been able to book while on that first board and get the silver OBC on the cruise they book. The benefits have always been based on your status at the time you actually cruise, not at the time that you booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter