No pen or paper in Villa any more?

Yep. We almost ran out one day and asked the housekeeper in the hallway if we could have one off her cart. You'd think we were asking for her first born with the look she gave us. Now, I just add it to my shopping list, as I can get better quality anyway. However, this is ridiculous for a "deluxe" resort.

I am adding it to my Walmart run - it's just not worth it. Making the call and then waiting for the inconvenient knock and the 'look'.

It's a cost cutting measure to increase revenue margins,
Again, DVC members pay for everything that is required to run our villas. We aren't cutting into anyone's profit margin.

I get cost cutting on the hotel side, but then again, they increase those prices every year without any shame.

I remembered something on this line and brought a roll of TP just to avoid a phone call...TP was never restocked in 11 days so good thing I brought it and same thing with laundry detergent (I bring pods). I bring a notepad and pen ($ store) and I'm one of the few without a smartphone so I bring a battery powered clock from WM ($4). Pretty soon we'll be bringing our own towels... Disboards is invaluable for tips in the every changing "world".

It's still a business though. I am sure the money they get from MF's is not a 1:1 match with operating costs, they surely have profit built into the equation.
They shouldn't be. There is a management fee that has a line in the budgets. They made their profit when they sold us the points.

If only there were some kind of digital device that we all just happened to carry around that we could keep notes on.........
I need to invent something like this :)

Just back from Villas Grand Californian and they had pen and paper by each phone.
Can't really remember if there was at OKW in Oct. or not.

Same. I didn't use the pens but they were there by the phones. Also had the paper coasters in a kitchen cabinet.

We stayed at BWV in June and I can tell you 100% they did have pen and paper. How do I know? My 9 year old son had a partial seizure as he was waking up at 3:40am where he could not speak temporarily and he tried to communicate by writing on that pad and paper. Then I had to write down information while calling Reddy creek emergency services. So I for one was tremendously grateful for that pen and paper.

We stayed at BWV in June and I can tell you 100% they did have pen and paper. How do I know? My 9 year old son had a partial seizure as he was waking up at 3:40am where he could not speak temporarily and he tried to communicate by writing on that pad and paper. Then I had to write down information while calling Reddy creek emergency services. So I for one was tremendously grateful for that pen and paper.

Please do all of us a favor and send this information to WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com! And if you're a DVC member, send it to DVCMemberSatisfactionTeam@disneyvacationclub.com as well. They need to know that little pen and paper can be critically important in emergencies.

Disney does a terrible job as a hotel company. The things they get away with is astounding, but since people keep coming they get away with it.

I just imagine someone sitting in an office or cubicle in burbank or Celebration... Thinking of ways to skim. Mug handles apparently were too much (people actually used those... Who knew?!?)... So let's go for the pen & paper! We'll slip this one in while they're outraged over the lotion so they don't notice! Eureka!! $200 Xmas bonus for me!!

Luckily the hotel we stayed in on our drive here (to AKL) did have a pad. Luckily I threw it in my bag so I had it to leave a note here for AKL housekeeping to please leave me soap. It is outrageous that for what we pay the niceties are gone. No soap or useable toiletries. Just absolutely disgusting dispensers of used bacteria incubators.

We were at BWI (hotel side) last week and no pen and paper. I had to take an unexpected work call over the weekend and ended up taking notes on the coasters.

Thursday we spend a night in OKW studio, now in SSR one night one bedroom to do laundry after the wonderful Merrytime Cruise. 🎅 No paper or pens in either unit, BUT plenty of toilet paper and tissues in both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter