NO PLACE TO SIT!

BobT2500

Earning My Ears
I just came back from Disney World. I visited Epcot, the Magic Kingdom and Disney Studios. As I was there with my Grandchildren and don't participate in all the attractions I found a noticeable lack of places to sit while waiting for the children to do their thing, especially near the attractions. Yes there are walls with ledges that are a few inches wide but to me this is unacceptable. As I was complaining to a young staff member I observed an old couple standing with a stroller looking miserable. As I was pointing them out to the young staffer the old man started to clumsily slide down the wall he was leaning on to sit on a ledge that was only inches off the ground. He was clearly struggling. I've been to Disney 5 times but this time will be my last as I can't stay on my feet for 12 hours anymore.

Most people don't go to a theme park, especially with the prices that Disney charges, to sit around all day. Seating just isn't that high of a priority, and it is very very very likely that there was absolutely nothing that the cast member you were talking to could do about it anyhow.

There is little incentive for disney to provide seating. If your sitting your not buying things. The only places with seating for long periods of time are things that cost money (like dining) and a few attractions (ellen's)

Hi Bob: I'm with you on the lack of benches at WDW now. There is nothing wrong with wanting what they used to provide at all parks! There is also nothing wrong with stating that fact and airing your views. They are your views and this is a discussion board. So, don't let negative comments bother you. You are definitely not alone on this, and just check threads about park benches, and other websites for discussions on this. I hope Disney will bring back the park benches as they used to have. I would write to WDW customer service and state what your concerns are, and maybe they will listen. Thanks for the thread:)

I'm old, I went to the park to take my Children and Grandchildren. I can't keep up with them and would like to sit occasionally while they run, run, run. The cynic in me thought that WDW was trying to force me into a restaurant to spend more money. Is that what they want their guests to think? I would actually like to see my Grandchildren a little while I'm there. I can sit in a restaurant anywhere. The cast member obviously has no power to correct the situation but as I said to her maybe she could mention it and it might get heard. I had nothing else to do while I was waiting for my kids to exit an attraction, I got it off my chest. If that's all I got out of the conversation then so be it. Their incentive is for me to come back again and bring my Kids and Grandkids. They might squeeze 50 dollars extra out of me for a meal I didn't really want at the loss of thousands they would get with my next visit. I'm not coming back........ so there.

I talked with someone on the phone about this and the woman I spoke with was understanding and said she's heard this complaint before but I don't think anything is going to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter