No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

I need about five extra hours each day. I think if I had that time, I would feel like a semi-successful adult. Or, at the very least, I'd get five more episodes of whatever I'm binge watching in every day.

Same :thumbsup2

Today I'm going out to buy a bunch of dog beds for the living room, because they are obviously too good to lay on bare floor.

I just picture your dogs thinking: "She expects me to sleep on the floor, really? Is she insane? I should get her bed and she should sleep on the floor". :rotfl: Here's the only dog emoji so I guess they're dancing now too.:dogdance:

I just picture your dogs thinking: "She expects me to sleep on the floor, really? Is she insane? I should get her bed and she should sleep on the floor". :rotfl: Here's the only dog emoji so I guess they're dancing now too.:dogdance:

"Thanks for buying me this awesome, expensive bed to sleep on because I was having anxiety about the carpet being gone. It looks great."

The other boy dog is sleeping in his new bed (he loves beds though, and has his own special one in our room that he sleeps in at night), and the two girls are on the loveseat with me. Clearly this was a great purchase :rolleyes:

I hope as soon as the wood goes down he stops freaking out all the time. He has anxiety about everything and doesn't like change!

I've never heard of someone projecting their love of trolls on someone else :rotfl:

I also projected my love of Disney, and that worked out ok :rotfl2::rotfl2:

In December a kid was running along the fountain with his hands in it at the France Pavillion, while I was there. I just wanted one picture and I had to wait for him to stop!

Don't they know our pictures are way more important than anything they are doing?? LOL!

giphy-gif.255901

hahahaha!! I do! I wanted this picture to be better than December and somehow it ended up worse. I guess I need another do over in October!

Love that dress and the ears too.

This dude is a riot, in ANcient Aliens. I can't remember his name though.

Giorgio Tsoukalos. Don't ask how I know. :rotfl:

Yes I think so too - way too young to have an 11 and 13 year old! In fact when I saw you at Jock Lindsey's I thought you were close to Raeven's age and I was the old fart. I mean I'm still the old fart, but I did not think you had two older kids, I would have suspected toddlers. :)

Can I get a tip now? :rotfl2:

You absolutely get a tip!! In fact, an award!!

The_Golden_Mickeys_Award_Figurine.jpg

I'm actually 35. I don't know if I've ever said that anywhere on the boards...I usually just say 30something and try to pretend the "something" isn't getting to be a higher number each year!

EEEEk I would have screamed too. I mean squirrels are cute and all far away but I've never had one touch me. :scared1:

It was way too much to handle!!

Love that AP discount!!

I'm going to miss the higher amount in October :sad:

I did see some scrunchies. I don't' know what's worse, LOL.

Haha!! I was hoping to find some of those creaseless elastics in a character print, or even one with a Minnie bow attached or something. I don't just need to be an imagineer, I also need to be in Disney merchandising!!

I just realized this was the day we met you later on. We were also in Epcot that morning - Maybe we passed you without knowing it!

Yes! That's the day! How funny if we were near each other and didn't know!

I think the perfume is Scent of a Troll or something like that

Haha, YES!

Who needs an around the world trip when you can just come to Epcot? LOL.

Exactly!!

I heard this morning that the store in the China pavilion now carries Shanghai Disney merchandise. I think I read stuff from the opening? Not sure if it's just generic stuff that says Shanghai Disney or more specific stuff.

Whaaaat?? Can't miss China in October now, and I need to pay more attention in the store there!

Woah! We were both in Epcot on May 5th! Sad we didn't know :(

Oh my gosh! I wish we'd known!!

My family was there as well. I keep checking the pictures looking for us...

How funny...so that's four of us, me included, reading the report that were in Epcot this day! I'm so sad we all didn't know at the time!

Love all the details in your photos from Norway especially that door. I'm glad you got the photo without getting smacked :rotfl:

I love your dress and ears. Keep us posted on how the dress fits.

I was stressing a little as I took the pictures. I just knew I'd end up with a broken nose in Norway...but then I'd look like a Viking, right??

Miracle of miracles!!

Right?!?! I had kind of started to believe that the line would never be contained to the indoor space.

Ahahaha! You look so dead inside!

I really do :rotfl:

It looks AMAZING! Totally understandable reaction.

If I didn't cringe at the thought of such a long flight I'd be booking a trip!

I see what ya did there... ;)

Thank you for getting my silliness!

What?! We must have been sharing the rock. :confused3

I know! How did we all miss this information? I didn't see it anywhere.

But it sounds like you're incredibly productive with all this floor ripping! Wow!

I am sooo ready for all of the floors to be finished!!

You are a great fur-baby Mom! So glad to hear the dress fits!

They are spoiled. I admit it. I can't imagine not having them, even though they make me crazy a lot of the time!

If I didn't cringe at the thought of such a long flight I'd be booking a trip!

We did the flight to China once when I was 13 to visit my aunt who's an ESL teacher. It was brutal. But China is amazing, so it was worth it back then, and that was even before Shanghai Disney was a thing! We did do a day at Hong Kong Disney though, which was really neat. I've decided that if I ever get back there, I'll be doing all the Disney parks in one fell swoop because there's no way I'm ever doing that flight more than one more time: HK, Shanghai, and Tokyo all at once!

We did the flight to China once when I was 13 to visit my aunt who's an ESL teacher. It was brutal. But China is amazing, so it was worth it back then, and that was even before Shanghai Disney was a thing! We did do a day at Hong Kong Disney though, which was really neat. I've decided that if I ever get back there, I'll be doing all the Disney parks in one fell swoop because there's no way I'm ever doing that flight more than one more time: HK, Shanghai, and Tokyo all at once!

I agree! We were looking at flights a few nights ago, and we had to laugh b/c the flight to Shanghai that stops in Tokyo was CHEAPER than the flight to Tokyo. Where's the logic there?? LOL!!

so I sat in the middle to avoid getting wet.
Did it work? We sat in the front and definitely got WAY wetter on FEA than we did sitting in the back for Spalsh Mountain.

Annnd my ride photo which is...well, not my fave.
:rolleyes1 Too funny!

The display was created for people like me, I swear, because now I feel like if I don't go to Shanghai Disneyland very soon, I will collapse and die.
Riiiiight?! It just looks so, ugh, amazing? Why we no have this here?!

Did it work? We sat in the front and definitely got WAY wetter on FEA than we did sitting in the back for Spalsh Mountain.

:rolleyes1 Too funny!

Riiiiight?! It just looks so, ugh, amazing? Why we no have this here?!

I think it might have worked! I didn't get anything more than a little splashed on my legs.

I just think of all the money Disney would make if they offered all that cutesy stuff here!! I love it!

My goodness you have been busy! Cannot wait to see the outfit all put together! I bet it's adorable :cutie:

Hello everyone!!

I've been a terrible Dis-er again, getting all caught up in regular everyday stuff...who wants that?? I just want to live in my DisWorld!!

Right now I am living in what can only be described as a DIY nightmare. The carpet came up so easily in the living room, and the engineered wood in the entry/dining should also have been an easy job. If done correctly, it would have either been floated on top of underlayment and just popped right up, OR nailed down to a wooden underlay. Nope! Ours was GLUED DOWN DIRECTLY ONTO THE CONCRETE SUBFLOOR :mad::mad:

So, for the past five days, off and on when we have time, we have been armed with crowbars and prybars and those sand filled hammer things, prying and hammering and sweating and swearing and basically wishing the builder of our home would come down with a non-life threatening but still VERY uncomfortable illness. After all that time, we're still only like a quarter done with all of it. Over it!!

Last night I told DH to just call someone and have them come finish it up, clean up, and install the new floor. I don't have time to deal with any of this right now while also dealing with back to school stuff.

So that's why I've been kind of MIA around here. School planning is in full swing, my house is a disaster, and I am about ready to pull my hair out.

Time to get another update in...let's see how fast I can type!!

Chapter Six Part Four

I finished swooning over Shanghai Disneyland and made my way out of China. As I was leaving, I noticed this:

and remembered I was planning to do the Easter egg hunt. Umm...oops. That ship sailed! No eggs for me.

I passed by Simba and the Gang without any wannabe stuntmen in front of it this time, so took advantage of a close up shot:

I heard some kind of commotion going on, turned around and saw this cute little truck:

They were cruising around trying to engage with guests...they were kind of harassing this college aged looking guy, who seemed equal parts amused and freaked out that they'd picked him as their target.

It's not every day that you see a little car driving through World Showcase, so it struck me kind of funny how indifferent most of the guests were to it.

I did everything I could to avoid being noticed and talked to by them, short of hopping behind bushes or pretending to be a statue. It seemed to work.

Up ahead was Germany...

I briefly considered going in to get one of the blown glass Christmas ornaments I admire every single time I'm there, but I skipped it. I skipped Karamell Kuche, too. First trip EVER without a caramel shortbread or caramel popcorn. But, the caramel popcorn in December didn't taste the same as it normally does, so I wasn't feeling it.

I did have a do over of my photopass picture with the Snow White topiaries though!!

I think this one is a lot better than the one from the first day.

When you're at Walt Disney World, don't forget to pay attention to everything around you. Look up, look down...

...you never know what little sprinkle of magic you'll find in unexpected places!!

Even though I didn't go inside anything in the Germany pavilion, I did spend a little time admiring the trains. They're just so neat! DH wants to have a train room someday. It also reminds me of Beetlejuice, and the mini town that Adam Maitland (Alec Baldwin) is making in the attic.

There's always such a crowd around it, and it's fun to see everyone enjoying it so much.

It was time to admire Italy a little more...this pavilion has such amazing detail. I mean, they all do, right? But there's something just a little different about Italy. I think it's because the pavilion theme goes all the way to the water with the gondolas and stuff.

LOVE this view of Spaceship Earth:

and of course I had to visit Lady and the Tramp again.

I took another Awkward Selfie with these two, and this time, Lady isn't giving me wicked judgey side-eye, she's gazing lovingly at her Tramp.

It had been awhile since Boma, and I had something in mind to try, one of the more popular dishes from the Flower and Garden booths.

Onward...to America!!

Not hard to guess what I was ordering, is it?? Burnt Ends Hash.

Unfortunately, my serving was pretty gross. The smokey flavor was not authentic. It was super fake, like bottled liquid smoke. The cheese was both watery AND grainy at the same time, and it was swimming in grease. My mouth felt coated with grease every time I took a bite. And the potatoes weren't cooked very well, and were still hard.

I threw most of it away. Boo!

I had a couple more food items on my to do list, so I figured at least one thing would be a hit, right??

I mentioned before it was Cinco de Mayo, but as I got to Japan I noticed it was also...

Japan's Children's Day.

So if margaritas and salsa and Mexican army victories over the French aren't for you, hit up the Japan pavilion for Children's Day.

Morocco was extra special on this day, because I saw a lady who had hair the same color as the roofs:

I always feel kind of sad for the Morocco pavilion. It's so awesome, and I love all the mysterious nooks and crannies, but I feel like guests avoid it b/c the shops are mostly open air without a/c. I'm a Tangierine Cafe fan, so it's always going to be a great pavilion in my book!!

My next stop was the Florida Fresh booth for the cucumber watermelon slushy, aka, one of my MOST FAVORITE F&G finds.

The flavors in mine were perfectly balanced, not too sweet, very natural tasting. I loved it. Look how tiny that cup is though.

I leave you here for now!! Next post coming when I get it typed!!

Chapter Six Part Five

One bad snack, one good drink...I think it's time for dessert, don't you?? Let's go to France! Everyone knows desserts in France are tres magnifique.

First, let's watch Seveur Amusant...through our fingers though, because it's SCARY!! I get so nervous he's going to fall.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143888229@N08/

Now for a bunch of pictures of my favorite spot in the France pavilion...

Again with the detail. I love it so. much.

I needed to get one of the chocolate framboise macarons everyone was raving about, and I needed to get it NOW.

It came wrapped up so cute, it a little French newspaper print package.

How adorable is that??

What were my feelings about this macaron?? Well, macarons are one of my favorite things on earth, and I'm a little particular about them. In December, I threw away the ones from Amorette's because they were terrible.

This one was good! Not perfect, because I think it had been frozen or something, and the chocolate was hard and cold, which was super weird, but it tasted good. I'd eat another one. But I'd probably carry it around for a minute first so I wouldn't chip a tooth on hard chocolate.

Oh France, you're always so charming...this day was no exception.

With a heavy heart, I left the World Showcase and started heading out of Epcot. Originally I had planned to come back on this night and watch Illuminations, but I was feeling like I needed to go back to the Magic Kingdom for one last Wishes.

Just in case I changed my evening plans, I took even MORE pictures of all the flower and gardeny goodness:

I was stalling as much as I could, but I knew I needed to get back to the resort. I had big plans, separate from whatever evening show I decided to see! That excitement carried me (finally!) to the front of the park for one last look...

Is it October yet????

I need my Spaceship Earth fix like, NOW.

I boarded an empty bus:

and went back to Animal Kingdom Lodge!

That's it for today!! Next time will be Dismeets and Dance Moms!!

Happy Thursday, Friends!!

Even though I didn't go inside anything in the Germany pavilion, I did spend a little time admiring the trains. They're just so neat!
We did the same thing last month!

The cheese was both watery AND grainy at the same time, and it was swimming in grease. My mouth felt coated with grease every time I took a bite. And the potatoes weren't cooked very well, and were still hard.
Ewwww :crazy2:

My next stop was the Florida Fresh booth for the cucumber watermelon slushy, aka, one of my MOST FAVORITE F&G finds.
Sounds so delicious!

Just in case I changed my evening plans, I took even MORE pictures of all the flower and gardeny goodness:
Thanks you, THANK YOU for all the flower and garden pics! It's been years since I've gone during F&G, and I forgot just how gorgeous Epcot is during that time.

Love Spaceship Earth! It kills me not knowing when our next trip is. October isn't *too* far away for you, though!

I've been a terrible Dis-er again, getting all caught up in regular everyday stuff...who wants that?? I just want to live in my DisWorld!!

I know, if we could only just plug into the DisWorld, just like The Matrix! #addicted

So, for the past five days, off and on when we have time, we have been armed with crowbars and prybars and those sand filled hammer things, prying and hammering and sweating and swearing and basically wishing the builder of our home would come down with a non-life threatening but still VERY uncomfortable illness. After all that time, we're still only like a quarter done with all of it. Over it!!

Oh I'm so sorry! I understand a bit of what you're going through because we're redoing our floors ourselves in an apt we own - and we're trying to pry out the baseboard and it's tough! Not as tough as having to do the whole floor but just imagine how nice it'll look when it's done!

and remembered I was planning to do the Easter egg hunt. Umm...oops. That ship sailed! No eggs for me.

Haha same here...forgot about the egg hunt again!

It's not every day that you see a little car driving through World Showcase, so it struck me kind of funny how indifferent most of the guests were to it.

I thought that was funny too! I didn't get to stop and partake in any interaction though.

I skipped Karamell Kuche, too. First trip EVER without a caramel shortbread or caramel popcorn. But, the caramel popcorn in December didn't taste the same as it normally does, so I wasn't feeling it.

Even if I don't buy anything I have to walk through and SMELL it!

I think this one is a lot better than the one from the first day.

I love them both!

...you never know what little sprinkle of magic you'll find in unexpected places!!

So cute!! I love all the details!!

Even though I didn't go inside anything in the Germany pavilion, I did spend a little time admiring the trains. They're just so neat! DH wants to have a train room someday. It also reminds me of Beetlejuice, and the mini town that Adam Maitland (Alec Baldwin) is making in the attic.

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice BEETLEJUICE!

Unfortunately, my serving was pretty gross. The smokey flavor was not authentic. It was super fake, like bottled liquid smoke. The cheese was both watery AND grainy at the same time, and it was swimming in grease. My mouth felt coated with grease every time I took a bite. And the potatoes weren't cooked very well, and were still hard.

I threw most of it away. Boo!

Hmm yours does look rather greasy and unappetizing, but mine was rather good! It seems like a hit or miss dish.

y next stop was the Florida Fresh booth for the cucumber watermelon slushy, aka, one of my MOST FAVORITE F&G finds.

Must try this next time!!

What were my feelings about this macaron?? Well, macarons are one of my favorite things on earth, and I'm a little particular about them. In December, I threw away the ones from Amorette's because they were terrible.

I'm not a huge fan of macarons in general but I love to look at them and I even made them once in a class with friends. The only flavor I like is pistachio!

Is it October yet????

It will be here before you know it! One more week for me!!!

Wow what an undertaking ripping your floors up. I'm sure it will beautiful when it's done. I'm glad Wilson got in his bed pluto:
I just love your pictures from WS makes me miss it so much.

It's so hard to live in the real world!! And so easy to get behind on the Dis-ing!

After all that time, we're still only like a quarter done with all of it. Over it!!

That all sounds like a terrible nightmare! I'm sorry for your stress!

I did have a do over of my photopass picture with the Snow White topiaries though!!

Excellent picture! But Snow still looks like a giant...

I took another Awkward Selfie with these two, and this time, Lady isn't giving me wicked judgey side-eye, she's gazing lovingly at her Tramp.

Much better expressions from this angle!

The flavors in mine were perfectly balanced, not too sweet, very natural tasting. I loved it. Look how tiny that cup is though.

Yum! I love cucumber and also watermelon! So this looks like an awesome find!

Originally I had planned to come back on this night and watch Illuminations, but I was feeling like I needed to go back to the Magic Kingdom for one last Wishes.

Sometimes you just need a little MK in your life. And I "wish" I'd seen Wishes again, so I can totally understand the pull. I wonder where you'll end up going...

Sounds like your evening is about to get very exciting! Can't wait!

Love your updates...and really making me want to do another solo trip in the near future! Perhaps someday. Plus I think I need to try a macaron now. :)

Last edited:

I meant to do it too oops

They're just so neat! DH wants to have a train room someday. It also reminds me of Beetlejuice, and the mini town that Adam Maitland (Alec Baldwin) is making in the attic.

It does! I heard if they put Brazil in the World Showcase they might have to do away with the trains :eek:but I hope that doesn't happen.

Mine was gross too!

Aw I'm jealous mine wasn't very good but it sounded like it had potential.

On Tuesday we drove two hours to Missouri for a day at Silver Dollar City with my aunt and my little cousin (who is aged right between the boys - he just turned 13). Maybe it's childhood nostalgia, but I still say it's the best overall themed park outside of a Disney property.
Silver Dollar City Branson right? That's where DH proposed to me at Christmas time. So beautiful at Christmas time.

Ours was GLUED DOWN DIRECTLY ONTO THE CONCRETE SUBFLOOR :mad::mad:
Been there done that on one of our flips. Very frustrating.
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FBrave1.gif

I did everything I could to avoid being noticed and talked to by them, short of hopping behind bushes or pretending to be a statue. It seemed to work.

This is what I do all the time. It works, mostly lol.

Look up, look down...

I read that as "look down, look down" so, I guess you've paid me back for getting Les Mis stuck in your head before lol.

First, let's watch Seveur Amusant...through our fingers though, because it's SCARY!! I get so nervous he's going to fall.

I cannot watch him, I get so scared!

Is it October yet????

RIGHT?????? Ugh! Though because my October trip is so short I always forget about it, whine that July is so far away, then remember October and get super happy again.

I just want to live in my DisWorld!!
ME TOO!!! ::yes::

School planning is in full swing, my house is a disaster, and I am about ready to pull my hair out.
Omg you poor thing! The flooring situation sounds like a nightmare, indeed. :sad2:

:rotfl:

I'm a Tangierine Cafe fan, so it's always going to be a great pavilion in my book!!
Me, too!!! :thumbsup2

Oh I do the same thing. He's so talented, but... takes time off my life every time I watch him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!