No spend 2020

Well my no spend streak ended yesterday. The pants DD and my mother in law fixed did not hold up so I took her to a second hand store that has popular young adult clothes and she bought 3 pairs of jeans for $38. 1 pair Express 1 pair American Eagle, and 1 pair Forever 21. It's more then I would spend but she is also 5'8" and weighs nothing, so she needs jeans that are skinny and long. I also shipped a free Fitbit to my mom for her Birthday which cost me $5.30. I figured that was a small price to pay for a free Fitbit. Hopefully that is the only unnecessary spending we need to do this month however our oven is acting up. We have money set aside to purchase a new one but DH is trying to fix it himself for no money. Fingers Crossed!

Ok, so hoping this week I can do better.
I caved and bought a new pair of sneakers to break in for our upcoming Disney trip. Ugh. Just being honest.

Besides buying our Disney tickets in this next week or two, I'm hoping I can stick to my goal.

Hi everyone! I am a minimalist and love threads like this. I'm decluttering my house again and it really reinforces a low or no spend mentality. With the needs of my family, I can't swing a no spend but I have been having a rewarding experience so far with low spending. The kids are a bit distraught that store trips don't end with a treat but I'm digging it!

I try my hardest to keep an attitude of gratitude. I think within the Disney community it can be hard to be frugal because there is such an importance on buying merch and going big on trips. How do you all feel about merchandise? What do you think about before you make a Disney purchase?

So far doing really well in Jan with no spend! I am trying to find free things to do on those weekends when I just need to get out. However not going anywhere other then grocery shopping and work does save on gas!
How do you all feel about merchandise? What do you think about before you make a Disney purchase?

Whenever we take a trip (Disney or not) I always set aside a specific amount for merchandise. In our case we always buy an ornament to commemorate the trip. To be honest other then that we don't usually buy anything else unless its gifts for family members that I hold for their birthdays or Christmas and that we would be buying at some point anyway. For us the experience means more to us then "stuff".

1/1 $11 for a movie ticket. I am going to see Little Women with my mom and sister. No snacks for me. They are so overpriced anyway.
1/2 no spend
1/3 no spend
1/4 $69.89 groceries
1/5 $10.69 laundry detergent at Costco. I actually walked out of Costco with ONE item today .. that has to be some kind of record . It’s certainly a personal victory !
1/6 no spend

Way to go. I always spend at least $100 at Costco.

i'm waiting for the costco rewards to be issued next month. it's not allot but it will offset what i spend. i've also taken to holding on to my receipts since i found out if something goes on sale within 30 days of purchase they will refund the difference so i time it out and shop near the end of one ad and the beginning of another cuz it never fails that one thing i need is on sale but the other is'nt (until 2 weeks later so i get my refund).

We were doing a no buy but it's turned into a low buy lol. We needed to replace our living room rug so we invested in a Ruggable rug. We were so impressed with it I then got another rug from them, when they had a sale, for our Kitchen! Our flooring in there is falling apart and with a crawling baby on the horizon we wanted a solution. We rent and it's not easily replaced without us moving out basically, so we're opting to just cover it with a big runner for now. I also ended up finally getting a baby video monitor since we moved our 4 month old into his own room.

I spent $170 at

I spent $170 at Giant Eagle today. It hurt lol.

The sad thing is I understand all too well. What is nice, my hubby took my girls (17 year olds) to the mall today to use their gift cards & $$$. They had a hard time parting with THEIR money!

Well the month is almost over and I only had 2 days where I spent money on something that I did not budget for (Jeans for DD and shipping free fitbit to my mom for her b-day). I also came in under my grocery budget, which is huge for us as we always over spend!! Looking forward to seeing how well we do in Feb.

Well the month is almost over and I only had 2 days where I spent money on something that I did not budget for (Jeans for DD and shipping free fitbit to my mom for her b-day). I also came in under my grocery budget, which is huge for us as we always over spend!! Looking forward to seeing how well we do in Feb.
Good Job!!
I've stopped updating here as it's a little tedious and I'm already doing all my updating in my budgeting software.
We did really well this month ... MUCH better than the Christmas season spending spree we had been on the month before. :crazy2:
Having a plan is paramount. For me budgeting isn't about curbing spending money that I don't have. I'm not doing that. It's about making sure I am putting my money where I want it to go.. being conscious of those choices every day. We really tightened up loose areas in the budget this month and identified where we want our money to be going.

I'm doing pretty badly with no spend. We are currently in a shared living situation and moving out on our own next month. So I understand things are going to be rough for awhile, we are eating out a lot to cope with stress and moving will have a ton of expenses. But after the move I need to be more frugal to save money, and I'm looking forwards to getting into that mindset.
My biggest issue is I buy stuff to cope with stress. What are some ways to help deal with that issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!