No sugar/no carbonated beverages

Julylady

DIS Veteran
We are sailing on the Symphony next April. I am doing some advanced planning and have some questions about the Refreshment Beverage Package. I will be traveling with 2 teens. If the teens want the Refreshment Package, must I also purchase it? The girls are not big soda drinkers, but I am thinking they will love the fresh juices and mocktails.

My issue is that due to some health issues, I can only have sugar free, not carbonated beverages. At home I mostly drink plain water, ice tea, or sugar free coffee drinks. What else is there available for me on the Refreshment package? Do they have sugar free syrups to make lattes or other coffee drinks? Are there any mocktails available that would have little or no sugar? Will this package be useful to me or a complete waste of $$.

I am trying to decide if we would be better off skipping the package and just paying out of pocket.
THANKS

The refreshment package does not need to be packaged for everyone in the stateroom. I think you would be better off paying out of pocket for the occasional specialty coffee (I do believe they have sugar free vanilla syrup) and just enjoying the plentiful free offerings.

There ARE sugar free / diet versions of Powerade and I believe Dasani Flavored Waters are sugar free (they have bubble and no bubble options) in the Freestyle Machines.

The mocktails are all made with mixes that contain sugar. Not sure if you can get a smoothie at vitality cafe without a mix - maybe? Assuming the fresh fruit is not too much?

I had the refreshment package in April on Symphony and my daughter did not - if you have any questions - let me know!

THANKS for the advice! You confirmed what I was thinking. I will let the girls decide about the soda package vs. the refreshment package. If they have a soda package, will the servers bring them soda in the main dining room? At Windjammer?

THANKS for the advice! You confirmed what I was thinking. I will let the girls decide about the soda package vs. the refreshment package. If they have a soda package, will the servers bring them soda in the main dining room? At Windjammer?
In the dining room they show their room card which indicates they have the package, and the servers will bring them a soda. In Windjammer you need to go up to the bar in there to get a soda. If the ship you are on has a freestyle machine, they can use their cup to get their own soda.
Denise

I am an unsweetened ice tea drinker and I really dislike RCCL's ice tea as it is a pre-mix product and simply do not care for the taste. I have gotten to making regular hot tea with a tea bag and pouring it over ice myself. At dinner after the first time the server saw me doing it., she had it waiting for me which I thought was a nice touch. I brought my own cup to keep the icea tea in the room cooler for whenever I wanted it. Just an FYI in case the offered product is not to your liking.

The refreshment package does not need to be packaged for everyone in the stateroom. I think you would be better off paying out of pocket for the occasional specialty coffee (I do believe they have sugar free vanilla syrup) and just enjoying the plentiful free offerings.

There ARE sugar free / diet versions of Powerade and I believe Dasani Flavored Waters are sugar free (they have bubble and no bubble options) in the Freestyle Machines.

The mocktails are all made with mixes that contain sugar. Not sure if you can get a smoothie at vitality cafe without a mix - maybe? Assuming the fresh fruit is not too much?

I had the refreshment package in April on Symphony and my daughter did not - if you have any questions - let me know!
Hi
I am soda drinker ( few a days lunch dinner and often in the pm ) for a 7 days cruise how much would packages ( soda ) would be ?
Also where do I go if I want a soda ? Is there fountains ? ( I have done only dcl where you go and grab yourselves a soda at the machine by pool )

Thanks

Depending on the ship there might be Freestyle machines where you serve yourself (they are in Windjammer and on decks near Sorrentos as well). Otherwise any bar will serve you soda.
Denise

In the dining room they show their room card which indicates they have the package, and the servers will bring them a soda. In Windjammer you need to go up to the bar in there to get a soda. If the ship you are on has a freestyle machine, they can use their cup to get their own soda.
Denise
So does that mean you have to pay for soda even in the dining room and buffet at meals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!