No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Day 3 at DHS. Again, no Genie+. RRnC, RotR, and SDD will go down for temporary delays. Oga Cantina was a super disappointment. The jet juice drink was decent, but making people stand at one location in a bar? A family came in with their young child and immediately left, because they were put in a standing only area. So, the child's experience was staring at a wall. Boo!!! Disney has to do better. And, there are still long waits without the FP. DW doesn't ride ToT anymore, and we don't get all the shows anymore. While it is sad that the Star Wars Fireworks are gone, Fantasmic is back and updated with some new action scenes. Screenshot_20230210_175104_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230210_175120_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Day 4 is a day off. Slept in, breakfast walk up outdoor seating at Trattoria al Forno, pool day, drink day, and dinner at Il Mulino. Neither my pasta dish nor DW's were as good as a local home Italian reataurant, so that one is a no return stop.

We were able to get a chocolate/ caramel apple at Screen Door at Boardwalk, which neither of us remembered being there in the past. A nice dinner drink at the Bellevue Lounge before calling it a night.

Last edited:
Day 5 we finish at Epcot, and it was a great end to the vacation, despite getting rained on at the end of the night. And, we do Genie+ so I know what to expect. This is also the lowest crowd day for us..

I get the virtual queue for Guardians. We do the EMH and ride Remy first thing, entering from the International Gateway. Then, a walk to the front for Guardians. I was able to book a FP for Soarin and Frozen Malestrom, but they overlapped by 30 minutes, and they couldn't be edited to a different time, unless I wanted to cancel and book later with a different time.

We got most all of them - Living with the Land, Figment, 3 Cabelleros. I was able to try Beef Wellington for the first time. It was ok, but may be better in a larger size than opposed to a sample. DW picked up the Figment popcorn bucket, and Push, the stationary, talking trash can was at Epcot indoors with the popcorn bucket. We were tired, picked up some fresh caramel popcorn from Karamel Kuche (DW's favorite) and went back to the room for a break - gave ourselves a nap - and back to try Hacienda de San Angel for the first time. It was good, but the weather rained out the fireworks, we walked back in rain ponchos, and I didn't wake up to hear them go off later. The only bad weather of the trip.

Screenshot_20230210_172231_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230210_172211_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230210_172253_Gallery.jpg

Day 6 is the journey home. We left around 8 or 9 AM, and hit a major traffic spot in Atlanta. Too bad I can't drink while I drive to calm my nerves. DW gave me some relief as we snake thru the mountains going into TN. I really need to start flying to WDW.

Favorite Park Attraction/Dining/Show

MK - Haunted Mansion/ Churro stand/ HalloWishes

DHS - RotR/ Brown Derby/ Star Wars Fireworks

AK - Kilimanjaro Safari/ Yak n Yeti/ FOTLK

Epcot - Guardians/ Via Napoli/ Previous France or Norway films

I've updated my favorite list. Space Mountain is gone from MK, as I'm just too old. And, Guardians is in at Epcot. It was a lot smoother, but eventually, I'll feel it and be back to Frozen Malestrom.

I guess the only other takeaway this trip is the Genie+. Maybe if I was young again, I could have got thru an entire park all day without purchasing it, using all the EMH, and going on a low crowd level day (like September). However, it would have made for a lot of waiting. Other than the current cost, I gueas my most significant concern is the timing. Similar to the old FP+ system, there were restrictions on when you can book the next attraction. When I booked Frozen at 12:30 PM while standing in the queue at Guardians at 9:40 AM, I couldn't book another FP for 2 hours, and then I booked Soarin for 12 PM, but I couldn't edit the time, other than to cancel and see if a new time opened. Later in the day, I could book FP whenever I wanted for the tier level 2 rides, but the ones for Remy, Frozen, Soarin, Test Track, were unavailable. And that was on a low crowd day. So, not only do I have to pay for FP, but I may only get a few of my choice rides before the others are gone? Not feeling that magic - only the cash grab.

Still, next year, we will back at the Boardwalk and our grandson will be with us. Until the next chapter ...

Last edited:

This year (and exactly same dates as you) I went to Universal Studios only. It was amazing! crowds were manageable but definitely more than in previous years. And on Thursday all the cheerleaders were there.
Universal definitely as raise the bar on the “Disney magic” and service levels over all the park. I certainly didn’t feel like it was a money grab like the last time I was in WDW (Fall 2021)

This year (and exactly same dates as you) I went to Universal Studios only. It was amazing! crowds were manageable but definitely more than in previous years. And on Thursday all the cheerleaders were there.
Universal definitely as raise the bar on the “Disney magic” and service levels over all the park. I certainly didn’t feel like it was a money grab like the last time I was in WDW (Fall 2021)

I am hopeful that Iger can return some of the magic. If not for our grandchild, we had already made the decision to use our DVC points to stay at Vero Beach, and just drive into WDW for a 1 day ticket event. Or, if we stay at WDW, then do a Universal day and 1 WDW park only.

Day 6 is the journey home. We left around 8 or 9 AM, and hit a major traffic spot in Atlanta. Too bad I can't drink while I drive to calm my nerves. DW gave me some relief as we snake thru the mountains going into TN. I really need to start flying to WDW.

Favorite Park Attraction/Dining/Show

MK - Haunted Mansion/ Churro stand/ HalloWishes

DHS - RotR/ Brown Derby/ Star Wars Fireworks

AK - Kilimanjaro Safari/ Yak n Yeti/ FOTLK

Epcot - Guardians/ Via Napoli/ Previous France or Norway films

I've updated my favorite list. Space Mountain is gone from MK, as I'm just too old. And, Guardians is in at Epcot. It was a lot smoother, but eventually, I'll feel it and be back to Frozen Malestrom.

I guess the only other takeaway this trip is the Genie+. Maybe if I was young again, I could have got thru an entire park all day without purchasing it, using all the EMH, and going on a low crowd level day (like September). However, it would have made for a lot of waiting. Other than the current cost, I gueas my most significant concern is the timing. Similar to the old FP+ system, there were restrictions on when you can book the next attraction. When I booked Frozen at 12:30 PM while standing in the queue at Guardians at 9:40 AM, I couldn't book another FP for 2 hours, and then I booked Soarin for 12 PM, but I couldn't edit the time, other than to cancel and see if a new time opened. Later in the day, I could book FP whenever I wanted for the tier level 2 rides, but the ones for Remy, Frozen, Soarin, Test Track, were unavailable. And that was on a low crowd day. So, not only do I have to pay for FP, but I may only get a few of my choice rides before the others are gone? Not feeling that magic - only the cash grab.

Still, next year, we will back at the Boardwalk and our grandson will be with us. Until the next chapter ...
We have concerns that the magic of Disney is gone and that a line has been crossed… Since the introduction of Genie + it feels increasingly like a cash grab. We have been DVC members since 2006 and for the first time we are thinking about selling up.

Back home from my 27th trip, and out first trip with my grandson. Time to experience that Disney magic thru his eyes.

We couldn't book the Boardwalk for the whole stay, so we ended up at Saratoga Springs for the first night. The lady who checked us in was awful, and didn't even want to give room access to everyone on the reservation. But, we moved to the Boardwalk the next day, and all good.

Day 1 at Animal Kingdom

Screenshot_20240113_214556_Gallery.jpg

At age 2, he was mesmorized at FOTLK - which featured the full show - and at the Safari ride, saying "moo" to the elephants, "roar" to the lions, and "quack quack" to the ostrich.

Me and Kevin.
Screenshot_20240113_212346_Gallery.jpg

Day 2 at Magic Kingdom.
Screenshot_20240113_214616_Gallery.jpg

Did get the virtual queue for Tron, but it was later during the day with thunderstorms, and we bailed to stay dry. I can't do Disney all day like I used to. We ate at Crystal Palace, which was worse then I remember, but grandson enjoyed the characters.

Day 3 off

Screenshot_20240113_214633_Gallery.jpg

Breakfast at Cape May was about like the usual. Fresh omelet station, crepes, and fresh fruit were all that was good. Grandson again enjoyed the characters. We enjoyed the games at Community Hall. Toppolino Terrace at Riviera was excellent. I had the bouillbase, DW and oldest dd had scallops, and youngest dd had steak, which were all exceptional. SIL had a pasta dish, which he said was ok.

Day 4 at Epcot

Screenshot_20240113_214648_Gallery.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy is still amazing. Since it was cool outside, I skipped the Grey Goose slush and Crown and Coke Slush for the Cava tequila flight. Delicious. However, San Angel Inn had to be the worst meal in all of Disney World - ever.

Day 5 at Hollywood Studios

Screenshot_20240113_214657_Gallery.jpg

Star Tours and Rise of the Resistance remain my favorite rides there. Hollywood Brown Derby was still great. Aerosmith RnRC was down for the refurb.

We drove to Nashville and had Southwest fly us. It was an expensive trip (youngest dd had a friend with her as well), but another great vacation.

Next up will be our 25th anniversary trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!