noisy cat 9's

We are going to try upgrade to cat 9 from 11 when we check in. I looked on daves noisy cabin list and it listed some under the night club and not others. Which ones should we not get then?
Matt

I believe most of the Cat 9's are on Deck 1... and the only thing about you then is staterooms. So might try to snag a Cat. 9 on Deck 1, if you are worried about noise. Personally the only noise I ever heard on my last cruise when I was on deck 2 was the engine/gear noise when they were docking in at Castaway Cay, since they have to do a lot more moving to back in. But it wasn't too bad, and you want to get up early on that day cause you are at Castaway. And the benefits to being on the lower deck, and especially deck 2 (IMHO the most convienent of any decks) certainly outway the little bit of engine noise we heard that morning.

The Cat. 9s on deck 1 have two small portholes instead of one large one. I have photos on my website at www.castawayclub.com
Engine noise does not bother me, but we've been under Rockin' Bar D and could hear the bass late into the night. 2626 was above a loading door and was even worse. But if you are under a nightclub like Sessions/Cadillac Lounge, the noise shouldn't be a problem.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We have stayed in the following Cat 9 rooms on Deck 2 and never heard noise as they are under the atrium area.

2550, 2552,

Then on Deck 1 we had

1042,44,46,48,50,52....this were also very nice rooms but as Barb said these ones have the two smaller portholes as opposed to the one large one on Deck 2.

MJ

I guess we will just see what's available at check in. Right now stateroom's:2632,2628,2510,2508,2016,2006,2004 Out of those which is the best.
Counting the days till the cruise
Matt

I was in 2004 on my last cruise, and it was very nice, only noise was a little engine noise when they were docking at Castaway. Our friends were in 2006, and they didn't hear any unusual noise either, about the same as what we heard.

One good thing about 2004 is there aren't any staterooms on the other side of the hallway, so it cuts down on your hall traffic.

We might not be the best "noise" opinions though, since I got pretty use to noisy apartments in college. But I didn't notice anything, and I really liked the location.

Rooms 2530, 2532, and 2534 were all very noisy on the 2/1/03 Western. We had to call up to Guest Services several times. They offered us to move rooms, but could not give us two adjoining rooms, which we needed because of the baby. They eventually gave us a $100 stateroom credit because we had multiple maintenance issues/noise with our room.

I don't mind hearing the engine hum, but we heard an intermittent click from the engine throughout the whole cruise, which was extremely annoying and distracting. All three of our rooms heard this noise. Rooms 2532 and 2534 had the engine noise muffled a little by the nightclub noise. This is our third cruise where we have stayed on the 2nd floor, but I would seriously reconsider for our next cruise.

Hope that helps! The cruise was wonderful other than the noise! Just bring Tylenol PM!!

Hi,
I sure hate to hear that. You just listed three of our seven rooms. And I'm in 2532.....with more family in 2530...... Besides the noise how was the room? Did you like the location?
thanks,
thatmom

We loved the location; however, be careful on the day you go to Grand Cayman if you are doing the Western, because the tender boat is right outside your window. I had gotten in the habit of leaving the windows open because no one could see in...HAHA!!

We love the second floor because of the easy access to the dining and disembarking. There were several maintenance issues in 2530, but I think they fixed them all (toilet wouldn't flush, AC leaked, phone had static). This was the first time that we cruised where we felt like the AC really worked well, so for that we did enjoy the room! Hope that helps!

Hi,

I didn't know you could open the window. Is this the large porthole .

thanks,
thatmom

You can't open the window. Everyone actually gets on the boat on the 1st floor; however, it is a two-story tender boat, so they are even with your window. Yes, it is a large porthole window.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter