Non-AP Ticket Holders and New Park Reservations System-INFO POST #76

Try a new window or tab with the Park Reservation system guidelines. I was logged in already (in multiple windows) and even had Space Mountain in others, but that's what let me in. The Space Mountain screen went blank after the countdown was over, so maybe it recognized in a different window/tab that I'd been waiting.
I’m stuck in a que to do that!

I got in but no available dates and also seen my linked tickets are not showing up! I have been trying for 2 hours.

I only have my phone and I can’t get past space mountain.

Anyone get through on a phone? I don’t have computer access today

Here's my conundrum...Being DVC and I have a hotel reservation for the end of October...I HAD an annual pass in my cart a little over a week ago, now, of course I can't even check out or select an annual pass...Now, I'm the bucket where I HAVE an existing DVC reservation, but NO tickets...and NOW I can't even get tickets to be able to reserve a park option.

Disney does mention:
If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

But what about those of us in 2020!?

It would seem I now have to compete with the masses 'whenever' the tickets go back up for sale...DVC with existing reservations seems to be relegated to the bottom of the pile!?

So, do I 'wait' and 'hope' I can get the parks I want for my Oct\Nov visit...or cancel and re-book for 2021 since I will be able to get park tickets June 24?

Anyone have insight?

@ClapYourHands : I've gotten 'through' to the hold system. on hold for 1h55m so far.
**UPDATE** Got through to a supervisor after waiting for 2H30M: Long story short...Folks in similar position just have to 'wait' until tickets go live again. Disney blanked decided this path and seem to be just focused on those with existing park passes..Cast Members are just as frustrated because they have been given little to no information about any of this.
I even asked about some kind of 'queue' system for 'standby' families, so if you can't immediately book using the system, you can be placed into a kind of 'queue' for your selected park and say some folks don't show up for their slot, it can be given to the next family in 'stand-by'. Nothing like that exists yet either.

I can only imagine what's going to happen once the flood gates are opened for ticket sales...especially if those with current resort reservations can't even get tickets...they should at least give those with existing resort reservations one notch of priority over folks without resort and no park tickets...If I can't get into any parks during my stay, that will force me to re-book...sigh...

Last edited:

Here's my conundrum...Being DVC and I have a hotel reservation for the end of October...I HAD an annual pass in my cart a little over a week ago, now, of course I can't even check out or select an annual pass...Now, I'm the bucket where I HAVE an existing DVC reservation, but NO tickets...and NOW I can't even get tickets to be able to reserve a park option.

Disney does mention:

It would seem I now have to compete with the masses 'whenever' the tickets go back up for sale...DVC with existing reservations seems to be relegated to the bottom of the pile!?

So, do I 'wait' and 'hope' I can get the parks I want for my Oct\Nov visit...or cancel and re-book for 2021 since I will be able to get park tickets June 24?

Anyone have insight?

@ClapYourHands : I've gotten 'through' to the hold system. on hold for 1h55m so far.

Sadly, you are correct. You can gamble there will be reservations available later when tickets for 2020 open up "later this year", or just rebook now. Sucks for a lot of DVC folks with points who expire so have to go now but don't have tickets.

Disney does mention:

Anyone have insight?

I don’t have insight or actual knowledge, but I do have a DVC reservation for a big family trip in December. Some of us have APs, some have park hoppers, some have no tickets yet. I’m not doing anything today regarding park reservations, because I can look back on how much has changed in the last 3 months (March 22, parks had been closed one week, some people on these boards expected them to reopen April 1) and realize there will undoubtedly be many changes to come in the next 6 months. Even if the park reservations available today fill up (which I doubt), I believe Disney will be able to add capacity as time gets closer, and I’m sure we’ll be fine.

@Ethan's dad & @CarolynFH, Thanks for your responses.
I'm kinda 'stuck' into using this year, they did extend my banked points until June of next year, but that's wayyyy tooo hot for me. Just looking at numbers, because there are no park hoppers in play, between the four parks, I should be able to get my one person (me) into more than a few parks for my length of stay, which is really what my trip at this point hinges on...I think I will just bite the bullet and keep what I have, because attempting to re-book and re-shuffle flights could end up being more of a headache at this point. At least I have a resort, and Disney Springs, but if it does turn out I can't even get in a few park days in each park...my hand will be forced...*sigh*...yay pandemic!?

HELP!! I've been up since 3:30am (CA time) had four devices, two phone calls going and still can't get through! When I have got to the "check availability" screen it says..

Unable To Reserve
Please make sure everyone in your party has the same eligibility type. Park reservations through Disney Park Pass for other Guests can still be made separately — for example, Guests with theme park tickets can reserve together and Annual Passholders can reserve together.
  • Disney Resort hotel Guests
  • Annual Passholders
  • Theme Park ticket holder
Once you’ve made a Disney Park Pass, you can come back and make another for other admission types.

We have 6 day tix and hotel reservation. Any help/ideas is greatly appreciated. All circuits are BUSY! No sleep and losing my mind!!

Work was crazy today, but when I checked back just before 5, I got right into the system and was able to reserve my parks for November, easy peasy. No space mountain, stitch, or seven dwarves like I encountered this morning.

Interestingly there were no staggered arrival times. It just had open to close park hours (or placeholder park hours anyway).

HELP!! I've been up since 3:30am (CA time) had four devices, two phone calls going and still can't get through! When I have got to the "check availability" screen it says..

Unable To Reserve
Please make sure everyone in your party has the same eligibility type. Park reservations through Disney Park Pass for other Guests can still be made separately — for example, Guests with theme park tickets can reserve together and Annual Passholders can reserve together.
  • Annual Passholders
Once you’ve made a Disney Park Pass, you can come back and make another for other admission types.

We have 6 day tix and hotel reservation. Any help/ideas is greatly appreciated. All circuits are BUSY! No sleep and losing my mind!!
And everyone you’re trying to book for is on the hotel reservation with tickets attached? I tried to include my DD who has an AP but is not on the hotel reservation and that was the response I got. Had to take her out to complete it.

Unable To Reserve
  • Annual Passholders

This was my problem too. And I could not get through on the phone or even into the waiting portion of the phone. I finally was able to get it fixed by pretending to look into making a new reservation and then a CHAT window opened. I stated my issue that I had a hotel reservation and tickets with a package but the park reservation was saying we did not have tickets linked. And when I typed in my confirmation number to link the tickets, it said that my reservation was already linked. The CM on the CHAT window was able to fix the issue. I was only able to reserve one day at first. Then I had to sign out of my profile and log out of the Disney site totally, then log back in and then go through and reserve the rest of my dates. So, try that!

We also have part AP’s, part no tickets yet for our early august dvc reservation. It’s so frustrating. Why didn’t Disney think about the dvc guests? Guests staying offsite can make a park reservations on the 28th, and we may have to cancel our trip because we can’t leave two of my kids at the hotel while three of us go to the parks. It makes no sense.

We also have part AP’s, part no tickets yet for our early august dvc reservation. It’s so frustrating. Why didn’t Disney think about the dvc guests? Guests staying offsite can make a park reservations on the 28th, and we may have to cancel our trip because we can’t leave two of my kids at the hotel while three of us go to the parks. It makes no sense.
I agree it’s frustrating! FWIW, I do think Disney will start selling tickets again before August, at least for DVC and maybe for all onsite guests. Although the park capacity is limited, August isn’t a really high crowd time in a normal year, and this year people are canceling in droves. Once Disney knows how many offsite ticket holders plan to come for your dates, Disney will be more confident in how many additional tickets they can sell.

we also will be using Military tix, but have not purchased them yet. now, it has been suggested to check the availability of parks before purchasing your tickets. well what will happen if you buy your tickets & then go to make reservations & by then ,by dumb luck, the days are gone. what then? ( our base is not giving any info if they will have them onsite or they have to mail them to us)

Is there any updated news on the following situations--

(1) If you make a park reservation and cancel it, is there any impact on your linked admission ticket? Is there a deadline to cancel? If you do not cancel and just don't show up at all, are you 'docked' one day off your admission ticket?

(2) The Disney park reservation info site mentions "Terms and Conditions" that you have to agree to when finalizing a park reservation. Can someone review these T&C's before starting the reservation process?

(3) Regarding the usual expiration clock that starts with date of first use (9 days to use up a 6-day PH, for example), is that still "a thing"? Has anyone reserved anything like two days in August, two days in October, and two days in December using one admission ticket? Or does that call up an error message about exceeding the expiration time limit of your ticket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!