Non-Disney costumes at RunDisney events

Chrisizzle

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I plan on wearing a non-Disney related costume to the upcoming Star Wars run. I’m sure I won’t be ostracized or shamed, but I am curious what (if any) non-Disney costumes you all may have seen out there at previous events.

Hello All,

I plan on wearing a non-Disney related costume to the upcoming Star Wars run. I’m sure I won’t be ostracized or shamed, but I am curious what (if any) non-Disney costumes you all may have seen out there at previous events.
Don't be so cryptic! What are you going to be? The guy from the "Scream" movies? Waldo from Where's Waldo? Batman? Harry Potter?

Edited to add that I've seen Elvis and some Super Girls and Wonder Women but that's about it. Disney has such a broad IP collection.

I ran the Avengers 2017 Half dressed as Batman being trained by Yoda. Disney had Nick Fury out on the course and he commented that I had somebody watching my back. I experienced some good natured teasing about which Avenger I was, but nothing mean spirited at all.

Do not wear a red shirt!
I was just imagining a good prank would be to wear a Star Trek uniform, and then when somebody inevitably points out the obvious, That this is a Star Wars race not Star Trek, you can just reply "What's the difference?" You may literally be run out on a rail but it would be funny for the few minutes in between!

There will be no problem. Maybe some teasing. But no actual problem.

I saw a full plush dinosaur costume at the last full nighttime wine and dine. (Given that that one was nicknamed splash and dash, and I saw him after the first 10k, I cannot even imagine how much that weighed.)

Same race I saw the Wesley Snipes character from the vampire movie.

Cousin and I were going to go as mashup Disney/universal characters (we each picked two characters that were voiced by the same actress) and had no worries we were going to be run out of the place.

Bestie and I were going to go as Xena and Gabrielle and again had no concerns.

(Can you tell I have no follow through with costuming?)

And now my one goal in life is to do the Star Wars run as a red shirt from Star Trek.

I saw a couple as Fry and Lela from Futurama during the Dark Side 5K last year

Personally pondering post Fox Merger about dressing up as Anya from Anastasia for the Fall Feast 5K

There have been Star Trek costumes at both Dark Side halfs I have run, and Spaceballs the Costume Dark Helmet and Barf costumes.

Wine N Dine had a whole lot of people just dressed as food items.

I would be tempted to run as Kate Middleton for the princess races if I could figure it out. I have like three awesome fascinator headbands from various wedding watch parties.

Personally I like when people dress outside the box. Half the fun of the last race I ran was my friend and I trying to find unusual costumes and guess who they were.

Don't be so cryptic! What are you going to be? The guy from the "Scream" movies? Waldo from Where's Waldo? Batman? Harry Potter?

To answer your question, I am preparing to wear a Vault Suit from the Fallout video game series... minus the helmet. I know adults are not allowed to wear masks at Disney World.

I think enough folks will recognize and appreciate it. As a matter of fact, I forced my girlfriend to wear a matching Fallout Vault Boy t-shirt with me on our last visit to Hollywood Studios. She thought it was stupid but (without exaggeration) every Disney character pointed to our shirts and gave us a thumbs-up. Particularly funny, one female cast member started talking to her about the game and she just had to nod and pretend she played too.

Wastelander's_armor.jpg 5f719e335ba05dc65a7c0051d9d6846b.jpg
file1-2 crop.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter