Non-disney things to do that are more “social distance” friendly

Shelley3577

MickeyMom3577
Hi. We were supposed to be in Disney (off site) this week 🙁 I rescheduled our rental house for early fall. I hope Disney will be reopened then and we’ll be able to go to the parks. BUT if it’s not open or if we just aren’t comfortable going to the parks depending on the state of things, we would still like to use our rental house but looking for some ideas of activities to do within an hour or so of Kissimmee. I was trying to get some ideas on lower crowd things (bc if we’re ok with big crowds by then, we’ll just go to the Disney parks). I was thinking like a beach day trip or some nature hikes or parks, that type of thing, smaller tours, etc. We will have a 10 and 8 year old boys, 4 year old twins, and their grandmother going with us, so something all ages can enjoy. Thank you!!!

We went to melborne beach in March... we rented a house for a night with beach access... kinda sad when you spend 1000s of dollars on three days of Disney and all they talk about is how much fun the beach was. We also rented jet skis for the boys/DAD (my boys were DS9 and DS12 ) they had boat rentals as well In Kissimmee

Florida has a ton of state parks that offer things like canoeing, kayaking, standup paddleboarding, etc. Google the ones closest to where you'll be.

Harry P Leu gardens just north of downtown is a beautiful place for a quiet stroll. Nearby is the Orlando Science Center which should be quieter than the parks but fun for the kids.

You could pick fresh citrus at World of Citrus and enjoy some of their ice cream from the gift shop.

Head to Celebration for lunch and walk around the lake.

Stop by the AKL in the evening to look for animals from the three veiwing areas. Make sure to ask when they will have the night vision goggles available.

Bok Tower gardens is beautiful and it's all self-guided so you can wander the grounds at your own pace and in your own space.

An airboat ride would be fun. Your group is large enough that you'd have your own boat so no strangers.

I've never been but Gatorland is a classic and doesn't get anywhere near the crowds that Disney or Universal get.

Harry P Leu gardens just north of downtown is a beautiful place for a quiet stroll. Nearby is the Orlando Science Center which should be quieter than the parks but fun for the kids.

You could pick fresh citrus at World of Citrus and enjoy some of their ice cream from the gift shop.

Head to Celebration for lunch and walk around the lake.

Stop by the AKL in the evening to look for animals from the three veiwing areas. Make sure to ask when they will have the night vision goggles available.
The night vision goggles. Wonder if they’ll still be allowing guests to use these?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter