"Non-Park" Day Ideas Pls.?

Lisa10

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. We're at WDW Aug 22- Sept. 3. Scheduling one day off from the parks completely for a break (short a day of park admission anyway). Staying at Pop (DS8, DS9 and DD12). Aside from swimming at the resort, any fun ideas???? Thanks for sharing!!

We've done a WP during the morning/early afternoon, followed by DTD for dinner and shopping. Have also done morning at DTD, with a visit to DQ followed by lunch and then shopping (Lego Store, Adventure room at WOD, build your own light saber at the toy store, and custom made candy/treats at Goofy's Candy Company).

This past trip we had a down day where we did some resort hopping (AKL is esp. fun to visit, as you can check out the animals--we saw them feeding the giraffes), swam and relaxed a bit at the resort pool, rented a surrey bike (had considered renting 'water mice' also), and ended the day watching the Water Pagent and Wishes fireworks from a hammock on the Poly beach. It can be fun to try out some of the restaurants at the different resorts on your down day. Also be sure to take the time to use some of the boat transportation from location to location on the day where you can kick back and not be in any hurry. We had some really interesting and informative conversations with the crewmembers on the various ferry boats!

When my husband and I were at WDW in 1999, several CMs suggested renting a car and going to Cape Canaveral and going to the Kennedy Space Center. I'm not sure if that sounds relaxing to you but we had a lot of fun over there.

It looks like you'll be at WDW for almost 2 weeks, with only one down day. My strong suggestion is to take it easy that day.

Swim at the resort, maybe go to DTD.

At most, try out Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach.

We go for 10-12 nights and have 2 down days, we relax by rhe pool, get chicken dinners from FW to have a picnic at our pool, we rent a pontoon boat for a cruise, we play putt putt, evenings we stroll the Boardwalk and sometimes do Jellyrolls (cover charge), we schedule our HDDR for a down evening, or we just go to FW for pizza and beer. Alot to do on property even a movie at the AMC.

A fun thing to do on an "off" day would be to head over to Fort Wilderness Campground. They have a petting zoo and Tri-Circle D Ranch where they house the Horses that are in the parades and such. DH and I ALWAYS make a point to do that on our "off" day. They have nice restaurants and a gift shop. In the evenings at FW, you could do either a Carriage Ride, a Hayride or they have a Campfire and movies playing. DH and I did the Hayride and it was so much fun! :banana:

A fun thing to do on an "off" day would be to head over to Fort Wilderness Campground. They have a petting zoo and Tri-Circle D Ranch where they house the Horses that are in the parades and such. DH and I ALWAYS make a point to do that on our "off" day. They have nice restaurants and a gift shop. In the evenings at FW, you could do either a Carriage Ride, a Hayride or they have a Campfire and movies playing. DH and I did the Hayride and it was so much fun! :banana:

The Fort Wilderness activities sound like fun (outdoor movie, petting zoo, etc.). If I'm not mistaken, you can catch one of the shuttle boats to Fort Wilderness.

Most of all, I think I'd take advantage of the prior evening's extra hours and make them kick me out of the park and then I'd sleep in late the next day.

A day at the spa and/or a round of golf sounds like a good time too.

Shopping at DTD, lunch at Rainforest Cafe (AK), hanging by the pool, rent a Sea Raycer, head to Ft Wilderness for campfire/horseback riding, etc.

alison

We always do a "down day" in the middle of our 10 day trips by spending a day sleeping late, then doing some leisurely shopping at DTD.

DTD, bike riding, boat riding, monorail riding, resort hopping, DQ, the pool. We've done them all on down days. My friend and her family go to Cocoa Beach on a down day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter