Non too messy car trip snacks...

I always see this on pinterest and think about how it would take my kids no time to spill that all over the car. But so many people post it that I must have the only clutzy slobs lol

We like jerky, banana chips, dried fruit, trail mix, cheese sticks, yogurt tubes, apples. At rest stops I have special treats like fruit snacks, dumdums, MnMs etc. for when it is time to get back in the car.

LOL I've never had an issue with big spills, well other than stuff being dropped from hands on it's way to the mouth. That's not to say it can't or won't happen. My youngest still sits in a booster seat, so we have a seat tray that attaches to her seat. It keeps any mess she might make contained to just her tray. It has turned out to be one of the greatest car trip purchases we have ever made.

We take about 1-2 roadtrips to Disney a year (2,000 miles roundtrip) with 3 kids now ages 4, 7 & 10. We started doing this about 9 years ago. I try to keep the snacks low in salt so they don't feel the need to drink excessively but also high in protein so they feel full longer. Unsalted nuts, lara bars, carrot sticks, dried strawberries, mango and bananas, small amounts of jerky and we let each child pick out a snack cup as a dessert (like mini oreos, etc). We had food poisoning from a random Wendy's in Virginia once on our drive back home so we rarely stop to eat a meal, the exception is The Smokin' Pig in Georgia, just off I-95 which is a must-do for us. For meals I pack paper bowls, a cooler with sliced turkey and cheese and make roll-ups with them. We stop at restaurants with play areas but usually just order a coffee for my husband.

We take about 1-2 roadtrips to Disney a year (2,000 miles roundtrip) with 3 kids now ages 4, 7 & 10. We started doing this about 9 years ago. I try to keep the snacks low in salt so they don't feel the need to drink excessively but also high in protein so they feel full longer. Unsalted nuts, lara bars, carrot sticks, dried strawberries, mango and bananas, small amounts of jerky and we let each child pick out a snack cup as a dessert (like mini oreos, etc). We had food poisoning from a random Wendy's in Virginia once on our drive back home so we rarely stop to eat a meal, the exception is The Smokin' Pig in Georgia, just off I-95 which is a must-do for us. For meals I pack paper bowls, a cooler with sliced turkey and cheese and make roll-ups with them. We stop at restaurants with play areas but usually just order a coffee for my husband.

@GinnyBear's_mom You may like this DISboard thread for those who drive 2,000 miles round trip: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...rs-only-part-v.3351891/page-153#post-60249972

Man, we have never had that issue but now I am rethinking our dinner at a fast food joint on the way down and thinking of packing lunch AND dinner :\ (we won't really have an option on the way home)

We just drove 760 miles twice in the last few days, though not to Disney. The first journey was my 9 yo, my 3 yo, and myself. My DH joined us for the return trip. Both times, I kept the kids up late and drove through the night so they slept for a good chunk of the drive. We did stop at McDonalds once each way after the kids woke up for breakfast, but didn't have to buy or bring other snacks or drinks for them.

We will be making the same 760 Mile drive once more next month (we are moving), and plan to drive through the night again. There's so much less traffic and with the kids sleeping, I don't have to stop as often. If DD's awake, she can't make it much more than an hour without having to go to the bathroom (even if she doesn't drink anything).

For our trip, we are getting the Uncrustable sandwiches. My daughter loves Nutella and they make a just Nutella one. They come frozen but we'll take them out right of the freezer before we leave and they are perfect when lunch time comes. The PB&J ones might be a little more messier. When we are at the beach, we like to boil hotdogs and throw them in a thermos with boiling water. Throw it on a bun at a rest stop and the kids are happy. Goldfish are a must have too but I'm sure we will find them for months afterwards. For me, I like grabbing a Wawa hoagie before we get started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter