• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Northwest Airlines

arkie

Mouseketeer
I HAVE BEEN WATCHING FARES FOR OUR MAY TRIP. I WANTED DIRECT FLIGHTS SO NORTHWEST WAS MY ONLY OPTION (FLYING OUT OF MEMPHIS). THEY WEREN'T GOING DOWN SO I PAID $209.00 A TICKET. NOW THEY ARE $306.00 A TICKET. IS THIS NORMAL OR WILL THEY GO DOWN AGAIN? I HAVE NEVER PAID OVER $200.00.

Norrthwest fares have really gone up recently.

I heard on the news this weekend that NW is going to start charging $20 rountrip fuel surcharge.

Your base rate may go down before May, but I doubt it. If it does, I would think you could get a credit voucher.

herc.

NWA did raise base rates by $10 per flight segment ($20 roundtrip) to cover increasing fuel costs they say. This took effect yesterday. I am holding out for lower fares on any airline for a weekend trip I am hoping to take so I check airfares multiple times per day. Thursday, the non stopper that NWA has for my dates was $289. Yesterday, it was $309. This morning, it's back down to $292. Still outrageously high, but I think this is going to be like playing the stock market.

For what it's worth, I think $209 out of Memphis is high, considering how close you are to MCO. I'd be jumping for joy for $209 out of MSP. But the fact that this whole Iraq thing is uncertain, and the fact that you are at an NWA hub, means $209, for right now, probably is a pretty good deal unfortunately.

Originally posted by zulaya
...(snip)...For what it's worth, I think $209 out of Memphis is high, considering how close you are to MCO. I'd be jumping for joy for $209 out of MSP. But the fact that this whole Iraq thing is uncertain, and the fact that you are at an NWA hub, means $209, for right now, probably is a pretty good deal unfortunately.

I agree! Especially about "jumping for joy" for a non-stop out of MSP for $209.

Given the state of the airline industry, I don't think we are going to see the kind of prices we had last year. :( I don't like the premium we have to pay for the NWA hub here in MSP, but at least NWA is in relatively good financial shape, and we have lots of non-stop options (albeit, pricey ones) to other parts of the country.

That said, I'm still hoping for better prices than I'm currently seeing. Don't have to buy for awhile yet (December trip), so I can afford to wait and see if maybe I'll get lucky!

Hi,
Keep an eye on the Northwest prices. If the price goes lower than what you paid, you can get a credit voucher from Northwest. The vouchers can be used up to a year from the date of issue.
Sandy

Boy, I'm with you guys about 209 out of MSP. I think I'd die of shock, and never get the tickets LOL. The non-stops I have been looking at for Dec are between 400-500! UGH.

Erika

I fly out of Memphis alot to MCO and you got a good price, IMHO. Prices have been rising since Jan. I usually pay around $200 roundtrip to MCO. I could fly cheaper with one connection, but usually for only $30 or so less, and it's not worth the hassle to me. Airfare out of Memphis has never been cheap.
I bought my airfare for our trip in April from NW last month, but we are flying in to Tampa, since it was $200, and Orlando was $275!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter