• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Northwest Airmiles

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I've asked this a while ago, but some people are very clever - and reward programs change all of the time. We have about 55000 Northwest Airmiles (DH business trip to Malaysia) that I would like to use.

There are no direct flights from Providence to Orlando (we would have to go to Detroit or Memphis first). An 8 hour trip with 5 yr old twins does not appeal to me.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could convert them to, for example, Disney passes (hotel stays)?

Milepoint only gives 10% discount for using the airmiles. Honestly, there was nothing I wanted.

I emailed NW a while ago and they said they could not oblige.

Just thought I would check if anyone had any ideas.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Join Hilton Hhonors, if you are not already a member.
www.hilton.com .
They let you convert your miles to Hhonors points. (And vice-versa).

You do lose a lot of value when you transfer....have you checked with Continental or Midway? You can use Northwest miles for reward travel on them also. Still have a connection (Newark or Raleigh), but flights are shorter.

Northwest Airlines miles can also be used for flights on Continental Airlines. You would not get a direct flight, but you could connect through Newark. That would save you some time. You still have to book the award travel through Northwest, but ask them to check Continental flights for you.

I've registered for Flyertalk. Actually looks interesting. I looked at the Hilton Honors program, but I did not see where Northwest was a partner

Thanks for the info on Continental. Newark would not be too bad.

Have a great day!

:p :pinkbounc :p :pinkbounc :p :pinkbounc :p :pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter