"Nosy" Question About OKW Villas

TiaMaria

DIS Veteran
Why are the lower cabinets next to the dining table locked? Did they used to be open? What is in there - more shelving? :confused3

They looked like a great place to stash our Owners Locker's out of the way, but they were locked up tightly.

That buffet/cabinet area is pretty. Seems a shame to just tuck it back in the corner out of the way. However we did leave our laptops on the counter there as that is where the Internet port was.

(Phooey! I meant to post this in "Mousecellaneous" instead of "Planning"! Mods, please move this for me?)

That is strange, we have not stayed recently but in other visits, that area was never locked. We used it alot.

What type of locks were on the doors?

That is strange, we have not stayed recently but in other visits, that area was never locked. We used it alot.

What type of locks were on the doors?

Just a regular "embedded" type lock that needed a key. It was only on the right-hand door (although that held both doors shut) - on the upper left-hand corner of that door.

I've never seen anything like that at any of the OKW units we've stayed in. That huge cabinet has been a great space for storing all manner of things (including the OL, but also luggage and our laptops. Could it be that they have put in the laptop sized safe there???? Did you see if any key fit it? Maybe that's what it was, and someone kept the key?

I've never seen anything like that at any of the OKW units we've stayed in. That huge cabinet has been a great space for storing all manner of things (including the OL, but also luggage and our laptops. Could it be that they have put in the laptop sized safe there???? Did you see if any key fit it? Maybe that's what it was, and someone kept the key?

Maybe. Didn't see any kind of key - and the lock looked "integrated" as if it had always been there. We just wondered if it was like a traditional vacation condo "Owners Closet" or something.

This was in a non-renovated 2 bdrm at the time.

Now I feel gypped, LOL!! :mad:

Not really - we couldn't believe the amount of space in OKW. It was amazing.

Now if they could just meet some of the other things on our wishlist, we would want to stay there more often.

Seriously - I have not "hated" any of the DVC resorts I have stayed at. There are things I adore, and things I dislike at every one of them. I am very happy to stay at any of them! :love:

This was in a non-renovated 2 bdrm at the time.

From your original post, I thought maybe they were being locked for some reason as part of the renovation.

As it wasn't a renovated room, I have no idea why it would be locked, as others have said, I have never enountered a locked cabinet at OKW, other than the A/C unit service closet near the laundry room, and the access to the whirlpool tub pump.

Very odd.

I'll take a wild guess and say it was damaged inside and rather than fix it, they locked it?

What unit was it? Maybe someone staying there now or in the future can shed light on..."The locked treasure chest of OKW room # ____"

This could be the next 200 page mystery thread.

I'll take a wild guess and say it was damaged inside and rather than fix it, they locked it?

What unit was it? Maybe someone staying there now or in the future can shed light on..."The locked treasure chest of OKW room # ____"

This could be the next 200 page mystery thread.

Yikes - I cannot remember the exact room - but it was in the "23" bldg I believe. I'll get out my old paperwork tonight and see if I can post the exact room number.

Yikes - I cannot remember the exact room - but it was in the "23" bldg I believe. I'll get out my old paperwork tonight and see if I can post the exact room number.

If you can find the number I can pass it on to management there. I have a friend who works there. Surely some guest did not install a lock, but these days who knows. :confused3

We stayed in a 1 BR at OKW last month, and they cabinets were definitely unlocked. That's where the kids put their clothes, as there are no drawers in the living area for people sleeping on the couches.

I was in bldg 14, 2BR exactly 1 month ago, and the cabinets were not locked.
Perhaps it has something to do with that specific unit only.

Maybe you've discovered where maintenance hides the booze???;)

We just returned from a stay in a 2-bedroom unit in bldg. 11. That cabinet was definitely not locked.....I double-check all cabinets/drawers before we leave....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter