Not All Good News for FP (Fixed.....for now???)

You have to keep refreshing. Eventually it will show
Hang a sec and I'll try for btmrr
Trust me, I understand refreshing. The point is that it normally holds a FP for you if you see it as available. Now it runs a secondary search after you see it as available and you click on the time. On that search you may still get it, or you may not. It may no longer be available even though you select it within a second of it showing as available, or it may offer you a different time.

I just test-snagged a NRJ, and it seemed to hold it for me, and I cancelled it, but now I can't get FP's for AK to come up at all. Seems sporadic issues right now.

I just pulled a btmrr for 620. Took about 4 minutes of refreshing and the system was lagging. I grabbed it and it immediately put it in my fps. For 3 of us. Also saw a space and a 7dmt for later which if I was in the park I would grab and modify. Maybe the system is just being weird.

It is lagging a lot today on initial searches but I've pulled and dropped 5 different attractions at multiple parks. Sdd, fop, btmrr, fea, and space mountain and they all held and went right to the confirm screen. I'm sure it's just the tier change at hs creating an issue. But it comes and goes.

When this happened last time it actually seemed to show more options because things are dynamic. Nothing is held for anyone but then it becomes whoever can click it first gets it. You may very well get it when you see it but there's no guarantee. Just another example. You'll see by the time that I didn't sit around waiting, I took the screenshot and then clicked the FP time for 7DMT. Also no lag, it's working well.

Screenshot_20200123-111840_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200123-111851_Samsung Internet.jpg

Very strange
Once you get to the next screen, if you survive the secondary search, then you're locked in. That secondary search can be the killer....not always but it certainly does suck to see something like 7DMT within an hour, select it immediately, and be told it's no longer available.

Yep. I can confirm that if you sit on an FP thinking about it, it will definitely not hold it for you (Chrome on iOS).

That said, I saw Navi 2x and FOP 1x, grabbed them immediately, and got all 3 of them through the second search. The FPs I'm waiting a few seconds on are gone. If this stays refreshing is going to be a lot less mindless.

Weird. At 930 I pulled an Sdd no problem dumped it and just pulled an FoP no problem and dumped it. Will check soarin at 1130 to see how it works.

What ap/operating system are you using?

I just test-snagged a NRJ, and it seemed to hold it for me, and I cancelled it, but now I can't get FP's for AK to come up at all. Seems sporadic issues right now.

I've seen FOP and Navi but not a single Dinosaur or EE all morning. Things are definitely strange right now.

Using the app on a galaxy s10. And I noticed monday when we did the 4 park eride day that the app wouldn't show anything. I'd close reopen and it started showing everything again. Happened a couple of times. My wife is the refresh pro and she even said it was doing strange things for her as well. I'm sure it will all settle in after they sort it out.

Ok, it may just be because the system is getting hit hard right now but it appears that the secondary search for FP's has returned. This had come about last year as well and ended up going away after a couple of days. Everything is lagging bad right now on my end so I'm having troubles testing but here is what I mean. You could see a FP available, go to grab it, the system runs a secondary search to make sure it is still there, then you lose it or are offered a different time. More testing is required to see if this is going to stick this time.
I don't know what you mean about returned/sticking this time
It's always done this on iOS at least. I don't use Andriod so no idea about that
If you take too long to make your pick, obviously the one you wanted could be gone and it has to offer you a 2nd choice/time (if there is another)

It's always done this on iOS at least. I don't use Andriod so no idea about that
If you take too long to make your pick, obviously the one you wanted could be gone and it has to offer you a 2nd choice/time (if there is another)
If you saw a time it would hold it for a while....with some testing we had found anything under 5 minutes you would still get it. Now you can see it and click on it within a second and it no longer be available for you. It runs a secondary search after you select the time. This happened for a couple of days last year but enough people complained and it was switched back.

Right now it's working like ADRs. I assume you've booked really hard to get ADRs on their first day available (like the first day when BOG started taking breakfast and lunch ADRs). It doesn't hold an ADR for you when you get shown the time. If someone else clicks it and gets through all the screens before you, you get an error instead of the ADR.

I'm guessing Android and iOS must work really differently if OP finds different on their searches.

I'm guessing Android and iOS must work really differently if OP finds different on their searches.
I'm on iOS and @JETSDAD is on Android and we're both seeing it. @Remy is Up , when you click on a time to select it, do you see a very brief message that says something like 'Just a moment, Almost Done' with a second or less of the circling arrow before it takes you the confirmation page?

I'm still getting mixed results on fast moving FP's. Tried for another NRJ and this time it acted like it was gone. 15 or so minutes later I tried EPCOT and a Frozen came up, and hung around until I dismissed it by refreshing the time (and as soon as I dismissed it, it was picked up by someone else). It's definitely flaky but it's not acting exactly like it did when it was so horrible last time.

I'm seeing this on my iPhone as well...weird!

Maybe you have a special iPhone, app, or the magic touch?

Last edited:
No, what I'm saying is I've always found it tell me that a FP time is gone if I don't click fast enough.
I'm not saying that it never said that or always said that. Just that if it was already gone when I clicked, I got the message that it wasn't available.
I didn't know that wasn't normal

It may. I'll be able to ask someone
I'm on iOS and @JETSDAD is on Android and we're both seeing it. @Remy is Up , when you click on a time to select it, do you see a very brief message that says something like 'Just a moment, Almost Done' with a second or less of the circling arrow before it takes you the confirmation page?
Nope. It goes right to the confirm screen hit confirm its there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!