Not All Good News for FP (Fixed.....for now???)

I sent an email through the address provided on the app. I think that's what they asked me to do last time when I called in (to be honest, it's been nearly a year, I could be mistaken lol). It was clever on their part to do it when they also did something that excited people (the new FP) and could hide the issue behind the system being hammered by people adding Smuggler's Run.

i would be willing to bet that most people who ran into this in the park yesterday believed the glitch answer if they complained. MDE was in bad shape when word got out. As an aside, I really hope they stop announcing these things and let people find out word of mouth. If putting it in the Parks Blog is going to blow things up for people in the park that day, they shouldn’t do it. People will be angry either way and I’d rather the people in the park be the primaryconcern.

I think the best complaints and the ones most likely to have an effect are going to be people in the park complaining to GS that they are getting offered these great FPs and then Disney says they aren’t there and it’s happening all day long. But complaining from any quarter will probably help. :rolleyes1

Well that didn’t take long. I must be the only one complaining. Of course I’ve already deleted the app and reinstalled it earlier today. Here is their reply-

Digital Support (Disney)
Jan 24, 2:52 PM EST
Hi there,

Thanks for contacting the Digital Guest Experience team.

We're sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with the My Disney Experience app. I've shared your feedback with our teams so that they can identify areas for improvement.

We find that uninstalling and reinstalling the My Disney Experience app resolves many of these kinds of issues. It gives the app a fresh start, allowing for data to properly populate within the app. You may also try enabling cellular data for the app in case your Wi-Fi connection is slow (and be aware that message and data rates may apply).

If you are still having issues with the app after completing that step, just send a reply to this message, and please include the email address you use to sign in to your Disney account.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this helps!

Well that didn’t take long. I must be the only one complaining. Of course I’ve already deleted the app and reinstalled it earlier today. Here is their reply-

Digital Support (Disney)
Jan 24, 2:52 PM EST
Hi there,

Thanks for contacting the Digital Guest Experience team.

We're sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with the My Disney Experience app. I've shared your feedback with our teams so that they can identify areas for improvement.

We find that uninstalling and reinstalling the My Disney Experience app resolves many of these kinds of issues. It gives the app a fresh start, allowing for data to properly populate within the app. You may also try enabling cellular data for the app in case your Wi-Fi connection is slow (and be aware that message and data rates may apply).

If you are still having issues with the app after completing that step, just send a reply to this message, and please include the email address you use to sign in to your Disney account.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this helps!
Entertaining reply. Seriously though, what else did you expect them to say?

The one bright(ish) side is that you see more options available.....it's just hard to get them. I just spent about 10-15 minutes watching AK and found 6 unique times for FOP for 3 people for tonight. That's a lot for that short period of time. The problem is that I was only able to actually grab 2 of them. Now, I can complain about missing 4 sets of FOP or be happy about getting 2 in that time (one was for 3 minutes later and one was for 2 minutes later....so really I could have found the 2nd set while in the FP queue after tapping in for the first set). It's not as mindless as before though and takes your attention but can have some great results (and a lot of frustration). So, which is better? I still prefer the old system because I'm afraid I may throw my phone out of frustration at some point but if the results can be replicated then I suppose I can deal with that??? Maybe??!? lol

I would like to know if this is what is happening now and moving forward:
I was on my PC this morning and waited until 7:00 to try to book for Feb 24. I actually saw both MFSR (morning) and SDD (early afternoon) available, I clicked on MFSR, the next screen said nothing was available.
I couldn't believe they were even there, but the same thing happened when selected a time for other attractions too.

1) So am I to assume that the times displayed on the initial search screen are not held anymore? (this is a change from previous, right?)

2) If I do get to the next screen (the "confirm your selection" screen) with my selected time, is the time held there at all? or do I have to be super quick on that screen too?

3) Once I have my attraction picked does this affect me when I try to modify times (e.g., If I initially see a new time want I have to jump on it super quick?

4) Has this happened in the past and do we think it will remain like this or revert back to the way it was?

I would like to know if this is what is happening now and moving forward:
I was on my PC this morning and waited until 7:00 to try to book for Feb 24. I actually saw both MFSR (morning) and SDD (early afternoon) available, I clicked on MFSR, the next screen said nothing was available.
I couldn't believe they were even there, but the same thing happened when selected a time for other attractions too.

1) So am I to assume that the times displayed on the initial search screen are not held anymore? (this is a change from previous, right?)

2) If I do get to the next screen (the "confirm your selection" screen) with my selected time, is the time held there at all? or do I have to be super quick on that screen too?

3) Once I have my attraction picked does this affect me when I try to modify times (e.g., If I initially see a new time want I have to jump on it super quick?

4) Has this happened in the past and do we think it will remain like this or revert back to the way it was?

1. Yes. That is new behavior. as of Thurs.
2. It seems that way. Did it offer you an alternate time? If so that also seemed to be held.
3. Yes
4. It happened for a couple of days in March last year. Then went back to the way it was.
Since you actually had times you were trying to book for your trip, I would definitely complain. There’s info on how to do that a few posts earlier.

Since the pp who complained got a form letter that said it would be passed along maybe they’re keeping track to see how many complaints they get about it. I was only thinking about the refreshing impact but this is going to make booking FPs when the window opens really stressful. .:(

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I mentioned earlier; there are 2 pools of people this will impact, both those in the parks trying to get same day FP's and people at their 60/30 day FP window. Checking again this morning it is doing the same thing, and it has slowed the whole system down for sure. I emailed through the website yesterday and even referenced the dates this happened before and have only gotten the general form email back.

Well I'm kinda glad to hear it happened before and reverted. Hopefully the same thing will happen here. I'm about 10 days out from booking so we'll see what happens.

Well I'm kinda glad to hear it happened before and reverted. Hopefully the same thing will happen here. I'm about 10 days out from booking so we'll see what happens.

i Hope you’re right in your optimism but I’m afraid this means they’re really determined to make this change.

I remember when this happened last year and it was fixed in a few days.
Hopefully it gets fixed soon, bec this is just annoying.

Well, good news (I think)!!

If others could confirm that would be great but it appears that the secondary search is no longer happening this morning. All appears to be back to normal. I've tested with a few FP's this morning including letting a Big Thunder sit for about a minute before selecting it and had no problem grabbing it. I'm not seeing the extra search happening and I'm able to grab anything that I see without having to rush. I've been mostly using the mobile site but also tested a bit with the app (it's just been slow so I haven't used it much yet).

I'll keep testing but it's looking positive this morning.

Well, good news (I think)!!

If others could confirm that would be great but it appears that the secondary search is no longer happening this morning. All appears to be back to normal. I've tested with a few FP's this morning including letting a Big Thunder sit for about a minute before selecting it and had no problem grabbing it. I'm not seeing the extra search happening and I'm able to grab anything that I see without having to rush. I've been mostly using the mobile site but also tested a bit with the app (it's just been slow so I haven't used it much yet).

I'll keep testing but it's looking positive this morning.
That's great if it's true but that was definitely not the case for me today at 7:00 30 days out where there is a lot of "action". If I picked thunder mountain in the afternoon and sat on it for I minute I would not be surprised if it was still available: when (days out and time of day) were you searching? I was picking MFSR, then tried peterpan, etc... and getting times then saying not available at the confirmation screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!