Not an adult vacation?

So much of what's wrong with this world today resides within our inability to let go and and lose ourselves in the joy of being alive. In other words, we have forgotten how to appreciate the simple wonders that children so easily embrace. For many of us, Disney allows us to step back into that sacred imaginative space again.

I have so many friends that don't understand my love for Disney, and I'm totally ok with that. I'm not one to spend a week by the beach. It's also one of the reasons why I enjoy my solo trips to WDW. I can so as I please and take in the magic. To each their own!

That irks me as well! You should just say, "No thank you, I have to be an adult all the rest of the year. Besides, I can do all of the exact same things that you're doing at your all inclusive, plus FAR more....why would I want to limit myself?" pirate:

I’m sure this is the case. However, when people make this type of comment, even in jest, I question what their motivation is. Live and let live! If the shoe were on the other foot, I would probably say something like “Have a great time; I know you love it there.” Your friend’s judgmental comments are unnecessary and far more childish than your spending time at WDW.
Yep and these kinds of people who say these things are the same type that would get all pissed off if you said the same to them. I've known a ton of these types. I don't get it. If I said something along these lines to a friend, I would have a pit in my stomach because I know it's an ugly and belittling thing to say. I don't get how people can deliberately try to hurt a friend. I have always found that the people who have snide things to say about my Disney trips are jealous. The one I get the most is, "Disney again? Must be nice. Don't you get tired of it?" The "must be nice" is the dead give away. Most people don't get that we Disney fanatics know all of the ways to do Disney and not always spend a fortune. They think I'm down there at the Grand Floridian I guess. lol No honey, I'm at the Baymont Inn and still having a ball! lol

I have so many friends that don't understand my love for Disney, and I'm totally ok with that. I'm not one to spend a week by the beach. It's also one of the reasons why I enjoy my solo trips to WDW. I can so as I please and take in the magic. To each their own!
Exactly! Same here. I don't think "laying out" sounds like a vacation to me. I lay there thinking of all of the other things I could be doing rather than oven roasting. lol I also agree about the solo trips! You think you're going to be lonely and in your own head for too long with no one to talk to, but I find that far more opportunities pop up for you to chat with people than you would think. I love that you cut out so much idle chatter when you're alone. You don't realize how much, "Do you want to go in this store real quick and then head over to Test Track before our ADR?" that you do until you don't have to speak every move you make to someone else. When you want to sit you sit. When you feel like moving again...you move. All with no announcement or fanfare. It's awesome!

As someone who visits the Bahamas and Caribbean fairly often including quite a few beach resort vacations, Looking at Islands from all the major groups ... It really is the same every time.

I totally agree. Last year I went on 4 cruises because I love the ship stuff, but I could NEVER imagine wanting to do an all inclusive because I need a change of scenery. The best part about a cruise is moving on to the next port. All inclusive sounds like being trapped. I enjoy the beach days on a cruise ONLY because it's only ONE day out of my vacation. If I had to do that every day I'd flip out!

This is a great thread to read through. My trip is going to be solo as an adult, though I haven't received too much scrutiny about it. However, knowing I'm not alone in being solo at the park makes me feel much less out of place among all the groups. One advantage is having full control over your schedule. The only kid I'll have to worry about is myself.

I have been going to WDW for 42 years and at my age it seems the snide comments keep coming...why would someone my age go to Disney. I put it down to, they just don't get it. I especially like staying at the resorts and the theming and how you totally feel immersed in experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!