Not Disney Camping ..but Where

momsoftwins

wishing i lived in the castle!!
ok ..dont flame me, but where besides disney would u camp.
we have camped at different KOAs around the country and like the kamping kabins. its myself and 2 kids so tent camping isnt something i would like to do. we would love to kabin camp at disney but thats out of the budget.
so my ? is ...is where or what kampground would u guys say is nice. has the basics..swimming , nice and clean restrooms. and maybe transporation to the parks?! if not i will be driving since the airfare is cheaper to fly to la from ohio then from ohio to orlando
thanks again head of time.

Hello, Momsoftwins, check out KOA.com, look at Orlando, Fort Sumtner, it looks nice but I haven't been there.

Have you looked at the wilderness lodge it looks like a cabin and I hear they have a nice pool.:stir: KOA's are usually nice if you are just looking for the basics.

Just a thouht maybe you could try renting an rv and staying in FW not sure if thats any cheaper but an idea some places even rent popup's even if you stay off property how much will you save ???? if you stay off property then you have to drive every day and pay to park so the little you save might go back into gas and parking best bet is research if you don't want to do disney there is KOA's all over there is ones near bush gardens in Va we stayed there once it was good but we have our own camper so i didn't see the kabins but all the KOA's we have stayed at have been fine we have been to ones in Fla,NC,SC,GA,VA,NJ,NY and PA all have been fine with us but as i said we have our own camper so couldn't say about kabin's but if the rest of the place is any reflection on them then kabin's should be good also good luck and if you need any more help feel free to post ?'s

Just a thouht maybe you could try renting an rv and staying in FW not sure if thats any cheaper but an idea some places even rent popup's even if you stay off property how much will you save ???? if you stay off property then you have to drive every day and pay to park so the little you save might go back into gas and parking best bet is research if you don't want to do disney there is KOA's all over there is ones near bush gardens in Va we stayed there once it was good but we have our own camper so i didn't see the kabins but all the KOA's we have stayed at have been fine we have been to ones in Fla,NC,SC,GA,VA,NJ,NY and PA all have been fine with us but as i said we have our own camper so couldn't say about kabin's but if the rest of the place is any reflection on them then kabin's should be good also good luck and if you need any more help feel free to post ?'s

good idea, I even have links to 2 rentals.

http://www.campatthefort.com/

http://www.greatoutdoorscamperrental.com/

My favorite all time is the high peaks in the Adirondacks or some place along the AT - near Katahdin is very nice. Sorry no KOAs.

Others include almost any state park in NY.

Knoebels in PA. Wonderful camping, inexpensive cabins and an old fashioned inexpensive amusement park for the family attached by a little bridge.

We love Knoebels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!