Not very busy NYeve

JeffH

Mouseketeer
Yesterday I realized that I hadn't made reservations for my next week at WDW which starts on NYeve (The reservation I thought I had was last years!!!). I called my hotel (which used to fill up regularly before 911) and THEY STILL HAD ROOMS:) ...and the price was rediculously low at only $32 for NYeve then $22 thereafter, compared to last years rate of $52/$32. It was so good, I decided to call them back and go up the night before and added Sunday night as well...and made my Easter week reservations as well.

we are thinking about driving up Sun from WPB.Please tell me what hotel you got this price at .:pinkbounc

Information can be found here:
http://www.magicorlando.com/
Note: the rates I quoted were the single rates (my 8yo daughter is free), I imagine that you would have to add $5 per additional adult. We stay at the MK Main Gate which has access to very convenient back roads through the back exit of the hotel. Their other hotel, EastGate, is usually a couple of bucks cheaper, but its farther away (but almost across the street from a WalMart Superstore). Both are on 192, East of I-4 (where all the cheap motels are.
I highly recommend this motel, it's 'continental' breakfast includes 3 cereals and milk, apples, bananas, OJ, Punch, Coffee, beagles, english muffins, toast, oh and donuts.
Please mention my name (I stay there VERY often, and most of them know me and I'd appreciate the good word)

While there may be lots of vacancies at the surrounding hotels, don't expect the parks not to be busy. I just returned yesterday from a six-day stay. Dec. 23 and 24 were very manageable, but the crowded deluge began on December 25. From then through the 28, the crowds were close to shoulder-to-shoulder, and popular ride waits were up to 2 hours or more.

Joe

Epcot and MK went to Phase 3 closure by noon. We used extended queue that we have NEVER used before at Mansion, and Hall of Presidents and Swiss Family Treehouse used extended queue as well. Overall, it was a great evening. The guests (while there were alot) were much nicer to deal with than last year, and the weather was spectacular. Today was PACKED at MK (whereas last year was very slow). Mansion had 101% utilization in the last hour of operation (which is virtually unheard of).

The extended que in the haunted mansion because the line goes through the old Mike Fink Keel Boats dock, which is two stories tall.

Someone posted on another board that Test Track was 210 minutes standby on NYE (3 1/2 hours, no way!). Spaceship Earth was an hour.

Yes, Jack. Our new extended queue is the old Keelboats dock, queue, and exit. That section works much better (as far as guest flow) than the winding queue just inside of the Mansion gate, although it takes a little more effort to convince guests that they have to walk toward the riverboat to get to the Mansion. ("But the Mansion's over there..." "That's right, the queue turns toward it about 20 feet down, see that corner?" Stay in school, kids.

We went to MGM on NYE and it was packed. We were there for the Citrus Bowl *(Tennessee 45 Michigan 17 How 'Bout Them Vols!!!)* and it was my first NYE at WDW. It is even more crowded than Christmas. I hope the crowds continue to flow in to help Disney get out of their slump.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter