Nothing But Tent Sites Available 2/19-24?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I was online first thing this morning and can only book a tent/pop up site. Is this normal? I thought reservations only opened up today?

My understanding is that If you are trying to book today you could book as far out as 500 days from today with day 500 being your check out date. I would in your situation call and see if any cancellations have taken place and if unsuccessful keep trying till I got what I was looking for
That is also Presidents Day week and schools may be out so Disney is a go to destination

I was online first thing this morning and can only book a tent/pop up site. Is this normal? I thought reservations only opened up today?

On-line opened today, jsmla, but you can always call and make a reservation before the on-line becomes available. 500 days out is about 16 months so that date you're looking for was available starting around November 2016. Disney spikes the rates that time of year basically starting around Valentine's because the Spring Break run starts then.

Good luck at trying to snag something.

Bama Ed

PS - and that time of year is El Primo outdoor weather camping time in Central Florida.

Thanks so much for the helpful replies! I had no idea re the 499 booking window. Looks like Molly the Shih Tzu will have to go to the kennel this tome.

Yes, our DD is running in the Princess Half Marathon and we're going to cheer her on. We decided to book at Pop ($170/night!) this time. We never travel to WDW during the busier times so this has been a learning experience!

Thanks, again!

I would keep checking back. All but one of our bookings have been a result of stalking the website until what we want opens up.

That time of year is also when the schools in the Northeast are on winter break as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter