Noticed difference in Magic and Wonder reception of guests

MrsG

<font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f
Maybe it was just our cruise, but I noticed that the Wonder reception of guests was not as welcoming as the Magic's.

On the Magic they announced your name and town when you first boarded into the atrium - they didn't on the Wonder.

On the Magic, every time we reentered the ship at the different ports, they placed a "Welcome Home" sign on the outside of the ship over the entryway. They never did this on the Wonder.

On the Magic, the horn would blast "When you wish upon a star" whenever we left port , or for other reasons when we were at sea - I only heard it once on the Wonder.

Any one else notice these silly, but missed, changes?

hmmmm, when we went on Wonder cruise last January I remember they announced our name....as for the other stuff, I really don't recall

When we went on the Wonder last September, they announced us as we entered the ship. However, when we went by the atrium later in the afternoon, they were no longer doing announcements. They also played "When you wish upon a star" every time we left port. I don't remember whether or not they had a sign over the entryway at the ports.

We went last month on the Wonder and were announced. I know I heard "When you Wish Upon a Star" at least twice.

We too have always had our family announced in our many trips on the Wonder, and they blast the ship's whistle whenever they leave port (I think that's required).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We were announced when we boarded Wonder in December, 2002, but not May, 2001. They announced our names, but not our towns, since not all of our party was from the same town. They compromised and announced that we were from New Jersey.

When we left port, we did hear "When You Wish Upon A Star"!

Beth

We were on the Wonder July 6-10, and we noticed that although they did announce our names as we boarded, there were several families passing through that did not get announced. Maybe if they had waited for a free CM they could have had their names announced. I think some people were in a hurry to get aboard and rushed past the CM's standing in the doorway to the atrium. We had to go over to the CM and tell them our name -- no one just automatically announced us.

As for the horn blasting When You Wish Upon a Star, yes, it definitely played everytime we left a port. What we missed terribly this time was something that the cruise director Rick did on our cruise last summer. On that three day cruise with Rick he would play When You Wish Upon a Star on something that sounded like a kids xylophone -- right before everytime he made an announcement in our cabins. It was a pleasant way of introducing his voice and subsequent message into our stateroom.

This four day cruise a few weeks ago had a different cruise director -- and while she was nice enough, she did not use the xylophone.
:( Seems silly, but we missed it!

We did the Wonder in February and the Magic in May. We were announced both times. The only difference is that since the Feb. cruise was the DVC Member Cruise they said Welcome Home instead of Welcome Aboard!

Heard the horn just as much and I'm pretty sure we had a banner over the gangway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter