Nov 13-20 trip - critique my park selections!

catccc

Earning My Ears
I'm taking my 2 kids, 7 & 9, and my mom to WDW Nov 13th-20th, 2019.

11/13 arrival day, no park planned
11/14 EP (using a.m. EMH)
11/15 MK (using a.m. EMH)
11/16 rest day or possible afternoon in a park, undecided...
11/17 MK
11/18 AK (using a.m. EMH)
11/19 HS
11/20 EP (just in the morning, I still need to book flights, but plan for an evening departure this day.)

I've always avoided EMH, so if I should continue to do that, or if you have suggestions for better park selections, please comment!

I know hours and EMH aren't officially released yet, so I'm basing some of these choices on crowd calendars accessed from touringplans.com. Hope it is okay to post this here:

upload_2019-5-10_11-17-33.png

I think this is a great time to visit, normally. We were there last year Nov 14-18 and loved it. Not very crowded and great weather. I think with SWGE crowds will be all over the place and really, as helpful as touring plans crowd calendar can be sometimes, sometimes it's very wrong. I think having a park touring plan is more important than picking a park based on EMH or special events. In my experience, TP has been wrong several times and not just off by 1 or 2- really off! After our March 2018 trip, I looked back at days that were supposed to be level 5 and 6s, they were 10s. So it's not that I'm saying ignore it, but don't put all your stock in the crowd predictions. I think visiting MK on a MVMCP day is great. However, until SWGE is open and the bloggers/websites can see how the crowds fare in there, it's anyone's guess with DHS on crows. I also tend to think if a lot of these guests are AP holders, if DHS is crowded, Epcot will be equally as crowded as they'll hop. But that's just what I think and I might be totally off on that one. Overall, it's a great season to visit. Enjoy!

Thanks for your input! I definitely will have a solid touring plan!

I didn't even think about MVMCP, why is it great to visit on a MVMCP day? Does that mean MK hours per touring plans is wrong and it will probably be cut back to 6? I'm not planning to dole out an additional $400 for the party, so I guess maybe I need to tweak my plan if I want any MK time at night... I'm not sure I need that.

I did notice on my last trip it said AK was a lower crowd day and I thought it was rather busy, so you are right, I should take any crowd calendar with a grain of salt.

Thanks for your input! I definitely will have a solid touring plan!

I didn't even think about MVMCP, why is it great to visit on a MVMCP day? Does that mean MK hours per touring plans is wrong and it will probably be cut back to 6? I'm not planning to dole out an additional $400 for the party, so I guess maybe I need to tweak my plan if I want any MK time at night... I'm not sure I need that.

I did notice on my last trip it said AK was a lower crowd day and I thought it was rather busy, so you are right, I should take any crowd calendar with a grain of salt.
TP will actually go in after the dates and update to the actual crowd levels so that's always nice to compare. Yes, MK on party days is usually less crowded since people don't want to use a full days ticket on a day when you have to be out of the park I think by 4pm. Party date may not even be available just yet so they may change but if you don't want a half day at MK, just watch out for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter