Nov. 24 2017 7-Night Bahama Cruise out of Galveston on Wonder

Our Fish Extender Group #1 is closed. Group #2 is open and is down to only two more open spots untill it closes and we open group #3.

Group #1 Closed:
Stefileslie85 - DW, DH, DD 4, DD 2
ptcruisers - 2 Adults (female)
Chris Boudreaux - DH, DW, DD 16, DD 13
emsandows - DH, DW, DD 9, DS 8
labela - DW, DH, DD 12
Cassi Cox - DH, DW, DS 7, DS 4
Bea Tapia - DW, DH, Mom, DS 9
Texasrosebud - DW, DH, DD (Adult)
SadieSue - DW, DH, Grandson 5, Grandson 2
Luann Crownover - Grandma, Mom, DD 21, DD 16

Group #2 Open:
Kat1213 - DW, DH, DS 5, DS 2
Holmes1907 - DH DW, DD 14
Kim Ray - Grandma, Mom, DS 5
Mystery Inc - Mom, Dad, Child 7, Child 4
HunkyDory - DW, DH, DD 6
StefaniaLOL - Mom, DD12, DD4
Amanda Lynch - DH, DW, DD3
Aimee LeGrand - DW, DH, DD6, DS5, DS5

Ok I sent my private message. Hopefully I did it right. Let me know if you did not receive it.

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise but first time doing the fish extenders. I actually did not even know it was a thing on our first cruise. I am a part of the Disney cruise junkies Facebook page and some people were saying for the Christmas sailings, they use stockings as their fish extender collectors. Does anyone on here do that?

:welcome: Everything was sent perfectly and as I said in my PM you are added to group #2. As far as the stockings go we took this same cruise last year and saw a bunch of people using stockings as fish extenders. I don't think it matters what you use as your fish extender as long as it holds gifts and does not stick out into the hallway or keep your door from closing or opening you should be fine.:)

Anybody staying in Galveston the night before the cruise We're from Houston, so driving isn't that big of a deal, except that the cruise takes off the day after Thanksgiving...I can only imagine the people still leaving town, or coming back in to town...Also, it'll be Black Friday!

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I'll be damned if I'm late for check in because of traffic! I'm an over-thinker. It can't be helped. I'm pretty sure I'm already driving my husband nuts by planning this early for the cruise, lol.

Anyways, any advice on whether my family and I should just drive in from our home in Houston the day of, or would it be a smarter choice to book a hotel in Galveston for Thanksgiving night? As mentioned, my over-preparedness is not shared among my husband (in fact, he and I are the opposite in this way...He tries to do everything the night before and then gets stressed out!), so asking him his opinion at this point is kind of a no-go. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

:cool1:

Hi everyone! I am interested in joining the Fish Extender group. I will send a private message with all of my info. It will be me and my husband, and our two girls. It will be our first Disney cruise, we are super excited.

Anybody staying in Galveston the night before the cruise We're from Houston, so driving isn't that big of a deal, except that the cruise takes off the day after Thanksgiving...I can only imagine the people still leaving town, or coming back in to town...Also, it'll be Black Friday!

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I'll be damned if I'm late for check in because of traffic! I'm an over-thinker. It can't be helped. I'm pretty sure I'm already driving my husband nuts by planning this early for the cruise, lol.

Anyways, any advice on whether my family and I should just drive in from our home in Houston the day of, or would it be a smarter choice to book a hotel in Galveston for Thanksgiving night? As mentioned, my over-preparedness is not shared among my husband (in fact, he and I are the opposite in this way...He tries to do everything the night before and then gets stressed out!), so asking him his opinion at this point is kind of a no-go. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

We live in Port Neches. It's about an hour drive to Galveston, if that. We aren't going to spend the money on a hotel in Galveston for just that night. We are just going to drive in that morning.

The plan is to have everything packed and the car loaded the night before. Except maybe formal-wear...I'll wait till last minute to pack that in it's own suitcase to hopefully minimize the wrinkles. We've been on 3 other cruises, and have always drove in same day. Even when we sailed out of New Orleans, 4 hours away. Even with it being Black Friday, Galveston really isn't the prime shopping area. Coming from Houston, you will actually be driving AWAY from the crowds.

The earliest I imagine we can board is around noon, so we will probably leave the house at 10. Don't stress it sister! You'll make it! Don't miss out on thanksgiving with the fam!!!

Our Fish Extender Group #1 is closed and Group #2 is open and only has 1 more open spot untill it closes and we open group #3.

Group #1 Closed:
Stefileslie85 - DW, DH, DD 4, DD 2
Chris Boudreaux - DH, DW, DD 16, DD 13
emsandows - DH, DW, DD 9, DS 8
labela - DW, DH, DD 12
Cassi Cox - DH, DW, DS 7, DS 4
Bea Tapia - DW, DH, Mom, DS 9
Luann Crownover - Grandma, Mom, DD 21, DD 16

Group #2 Open:
Kat1213 - DW, DH, DS 5, DS 2
Holmes1907 - DH DW, DD 14
Kim Ray - Grandma, Mom, DS 5
Mystery Inc - Mom, Dad, Child 7, Child 4
HunkyDory - DW, DH, DD 6
Casey Lambert - DW, DH, DD5, DD3

Hi everyone! I am interested in joining the Fish Extender group. I will send a private message with all of my info. It will be me and my husband, and our two girls. It will be our first Disney cruise, we are super excited.

:welcome:I'm sure you guys will have a great time. My family really loves cruising on DCL. This will be our 3rd cruise on the Wonder. I received your PM and you have been added to our FE Group #2.:)

We are driving in from north Texas on Thursday and spending the night in Galveston. We took this same cruise last year and we did not have any problems with traffic getting from the hotel to the port. Not sure how bad the traffic was between Galveston and Houston though.

Yes, we are driving down on Thanksgiving day from north Texas. We are staying at the Hotel Galvez and are using their stay/cruise/park package. We can leave our car with them and they have a shuttle to take you to the port and pick you up on return.

We will be driving down from Arkansas on the 23rd and staying at the Holiday Inn on Seawall. We did this last year and it worked out good. No traffic at all going to the port parking.

Hi! I would like to join the fish extender group. I will be sailing with one of my friends and my daughter who will be 4 on the cruise. I will send a private message with my information.

Actually, for some reason I am having a hard time sending you a message Stefileslie. When I click on your name the message link isn't there....

Actually, for some reason I am having a hard time sending you a message Stefileslie. When I click on your name the message link isn't there....
I think the problem is the posting requirement. If I'm not mistaken, I think you have to post 10 times before you are allowed to message people. You've already got two down, so just keep posting and soon the message button will appear for you.

Hi! I would like to join the fish extender group. I will be sailing with one of my friends and my daughter who will be 4 on the cruise. I will send a private message with my information.

:welcome: I have added you to Fish Extender Group #2. I have your info and will send you an email with everyones room numbers and info this weekend. Let me know if you have any questions.:)

Someone else in group #1 had the same problem with sending PM's. Your privacy settings may not be set up to receive or send PM's. If you want to try to fix it try clicking on your screen name at the top of the page, then click on "Privacy", then scroll down to "Edit Your Contact Details" and make sure there is a check mark in the box next to "Start conversations with you:". Then in the drop down box below it make sure it says "Members Only". Hopefully that helps. :)

Our Fish Extender Group #1 and Group #2 are now closed. Group #3 is now open.

Group #1 Closed:
Stefileslie85 - DW, DH, DD4, DD2
Chris Boudreaux - DH, DW, DD16, DD13
emsandows - DH, DW, DD9, DS8
labela - DW, DH, DD12
Cassi Cox - DH, DW, DS7, DS4
Bea Tapia - DW, DH, Mom, DS9
Luann Crownover - Grandma, Mom, DD21, DD16

Group #2 Closed:
Kat1213 - DW, DH, DS5, DS2
Holmes1907 - DH DW, DD14
Kim Ray - Grandma, Mom, DS5
Mystery Inc - Mom, Dad, DD7, DS4
HunkyDory - DW, DH, DD6
Casey Lambert - DW, DH, DD5, DD3
Amanda Langston - 2 Adults (female), DD4

Group #3 Open:

Last edited:
FE group #2, I will send everyone an email with your groups info and room numbers this weekend. Let me know if you have any changes or questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter