Nov trip advice request

Angienharry

Earning My Ears
Hello this it’s my first post … newbie alert! My husband and I are planning a WDW trip for Nov 2020. I’m finding out the planning for Disney is no joke! We are flexible on the dates but we’re thinking either Nov 1- 6 or Nov 8 -13. The first week is during jersey week and the second week includes Veterans Day. That’s decision number one and any help is very appreciated! The next decision is where to stay. We want to rent DVC points for a studio and have narrowed that down to AKL or BWV. Verrry torn on this decision. We like BWV for close park proximity but AKL looks so nice and it’s about $100 cheaper (assuming we can get it that is). I think I’ve looked and read so much, I’m just confusing myself and I just need to decide! I would love to hear anything you lovely folks think on which week may be best and which location. Also as it’s just two adults what splurges are really worth it? We’ve never gone without kids and are pretty pumped about it!

Is AKL $100 cheaper each night or for the whole trip? I don't know about which week; I'm guessing Veterans Day will only impact a few days around the weekend while Jersey Week will impact crowds the whole week.

Will you have park hoppers? I'd prefer staying at BWV to make visiting EPCOT easier for dining on some of the evenings.

Is AKL $100 cheaper each night or for the whole trip? I don't know about which week; I'm guessing Veterans Day will only impact a few days around the weekend while Jersey Week will impact crowds the whole week.

Will you have park hoppers? I'd prefer staying at BWV to make visiting EPCOT easier for dining on some of the evenings.
$100 for the whole trip. Yes, we are doing park hopper passes.

You are smart to look at all expenses as each little bit of savings can contribute to an overall large amount but I would not put much consideration into a $100 difference in resort costs over 5 nights. I don't think you can pick any Disney resort and be completely unhappy; especially between the two you are looking at so don't stress any once you make your choice...

I would consider taking a tour at one of the parks. They will eat up park time though. We did Keys to the Kingdom tour at Magic Kingdom during one of our early visits without kids and really enjoyed it.

You are smart to look at all expenses as each little bit of savings can contribute to an overall large amount but I would not put much consideration into a $100 difference in resort costs over 5 nights. I don't think you can pick any Disney resort and be completely unhappy; especially between the two you are looking at so don't stress any once you make your choice...
That’s the tour we were eyeing! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
I would consider taking a tour at one of the parks. They will eat up park time though. We did Keys to the Kingdom tour at Magic Kingdom during one of our early visits without kids and really enjoyed it.

I can speak to the days: We were most recently there 11/11 (Vet's day) to 11/18. November has been a go-to month for us for the last few trips and this most recent one was something else. The Food and Wine Festival seems to have really increased its impact on Epcot and the crowds were quite congested in the World Showcase. Overall, all the parks just seemed to be that much more busy than previous trips. Of course, not everyone can just stay in Epcot, so those numbers spilled over.

Thanks everyone. First week in November it is! I decided to pick the BWV as my first choice at David’s and AKL as my 2nd choice. Both are winners so fingers crossed we can snag one of them!

Thanks everyone. First week in November it is! I decided to pick the BWV as my first choice at David’s and AKL as my 2nd choice. Both are winners so fingers crossed we can snag one of them!

I think you made the right decision. Epcot is such a fun place to go when especially with just adults. Being able to walk their would be a plus. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Update.
Both David’s and DVC rentals have nothing for either choice. We own timeshare at Wyndham Bonnet Creek but we were really looking forward to staying onsite for this trip. Now to decide if we book through Disney at a less expensive place or use our free timeshare. Any advice?

We're booked the second week of November at Caribbean Beach Resort for what I consider a reasonable rate, all things considered. We've stayed at Value and Moderates in the past and found both comfortable and worth the money. Rates at the Deluxe Resorts make me a bit queasy, but everyone has a different comfort level!

The transportation option of Skyliner at the CBR appeals to me a great deal, along with all of the dining options and having Riviera next door, too.

We're booked the second week of November at Caribbean Beach Resort for what I consider a reasonable rate, all things considered. We've stayed at Value and Moderates in the past and found both comfortable and worth the money. Rates at the Deluxe Resorts make me a bit queasy, but everyone has a different comfort level!

The transportation option of Skyliner at the CBR appeals to me a great deal, along with all of the dining options and having Riviera next door, too.
That’s where we ended up! I’m glad it’s booked because I was making myself crazy trying to decide.

I just went Nov 1-7 in 2019. It was crowded but imo still ok. We were very on top of our FP, so we pretty much never waited in line which helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!