November 2017 Car Rental Watch

I had a 9 day rental booked with Alamo for a mini van for $276 through Costco. I stupidly cancelled and re-booked as we added a day and now I have a 10 day rental for an intermediate SUV for $295. I keep checking our dates (11/1-11/10) but the prices keep going up! I know that it's likely this will change, but I have never seen rates this high! Its over $600 for a mini van for our dates right now. That's insane!

I'm getting $231-234 for 11/22-11/27. Never paid more than $120 for 5 days before hope it comes down!

I currently have an Intermediate SUV booked through Alamo. I know that Alamo does not have every vehicle type available at MCO, so sometimes you get bumped up. Does anyone have the breakdown of what vehicle class aisle are at MCO? I am traveling with a group larger than I normally travel with and need a larger vehicle.

I have a mini van for $273 for 10 days through Dollar and I don't think I'm going to do better. Keep checking, but the rates are so high!!

Ooof! The rates ARE high!

I'm looking for a minivan from 11/8-11/15. My go-to is Alamo via the Costco Travel website. Online check-in is required for us with two babies and a toddler--no way are we waiting in line at a counter after a long flight.

I'm getting $464.51 on Costco's website. We usually pay between $180-$300 for a week with a minivan. It will be the five of us plus our nanny, so a minivan is required.

I bit the bullet with an intermediate SUV from Costco/Alamo for $704 from 10/31 to 11/20. Hopefully the prices will drop but I'm kicking myself for not getting it when it was in the 600s.

Thanks for the Costco reminder. We just joined Costco this year and the couple of times I checked their prices, they were higher than my Dollar City Special reservation.

I just rebooked through Costco/Alamo. 11/6-11/12 Intermediate SUV for $188. Not bad, but I will keep looking and rechecking. It is a long way to November.

Just made my car reservations for November. Full size through Dollar - Full Size with City Special for (11/1 - 11/6) - $157.46. Also made a 7 day reservation as I'm not sure if we are doing 5 nights or 6. 11/1 - 11/7 Dollar Full Size City Special - $153.57.

I'm guessing since it's $4 less I'll keep the longer rental and just return it a day early if we only stay 5 nights.

Rebooked this in early June. Dollar Full size.

Rental Time: 1 Week at $98.00 per week.
Unlimited mileage.
Rate Code: RHW66
Total Base Rate: $98.00 USD
Unlimited Miles
Cust Facility Chrg ($2.50 Per Day) $12.50
Concession Fee Rec (10%) $10.32
Florida Surcharge ($2.02 Per Day) $12.12
State Tax (6.5%) $8.98
Energy Surcharge ($1.49) $1.49
Vehicle License Fee (3.8%) $3.72
Total Est. Mandatory Charges $49.13
Approx. Total $147.13

Yikes. These rental rates are painful! I honestly don't think I have ever seen them this high but then again I am travelling around Thanksgiving and I usually am staunchly opposed to Holiday travel :rolleyes:. We have 6 people and 3 potential drivers so I could do two cars or one van. Right now one van is cheaper.
Alamo
MCO
1 week+4 days, 11/23 @ 10pm -12/4 @ 6AM
7 Passenger minivan
$763.96

Used the Costco ID (7014627 ) and no coupon code becauses far as I can tell there are not any valid ones active right now. Our trip in September, granted it was 3 days shorter, we got a minivan for $224 thru Alamo. At the rate I got last year a trip for my dates would be about $300. Here's to hoping they come down :eek:

*Update*

So I remember briefly about the Entertainment books having some coupon codes that are OK (nothing better than the normal ones floating around but I can't find any of those right now). Entertainment books are for sale for $7 online so I went ahead and ordered it and it got me the $25 off coupon. My best friend and her family going with us can use the second one in there so we ended up with $50 off in codes between us.

Alamo
MCO
1 week+4 days, 11/23 @ 10pm -12/4 @ 6AM
7 Passenger minivan
$722.25

Not a whole lot better but it's a start.

Last edited:
Everyone! Hurry! Alamo dropped prices on their cars (not on vans though). I got two cars for our dates instead of a van (we have the luxury of extra drivers ). I used costco 7014627 and AD2823JAG eventhough it says its only valid until July.
MCO
1 week+4 days, 11/23 @ 6pm -12/4 @ 6AM

Drive Happy 223.20$

I still can't find anything lower than $191 for our 10 day rental. I remember for our January trip this year prices were pretty similar. I think car rentals have been insanely priced for a while now.

I have Tampa-Disney dolphin drop off 11/23-27 for 278, (economy) this discount code made it $280 with a drop off of 11/29. I might do it? Not sure if we will use the car but might be nice on our late MK night. Will keep looking thgh. It's amazing what a difference the location makes when doing two locations! It's over $700 same dates if we were to bring it to the Disney car care center.

I cant get over how high the rates are

In July I paid $502 for 9 days for a Yukon Denali which is a luxury SUV class with Budget.

Looking for 10/30-11/5 and its almost $300 for a compact looks like DME might be for me

I can never remember what category doesn't Alamo have in MCO so you automatically get bumped to full size? Is it standard?

The rates are still painful!! I'm going 11/7-11/15 and need a minivan (3 adults, 3 kids--all in car seats.)

We typically pay $200-350 for a weekly rental. Minivans are all over $600 on the Costco website, which is where we usually book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!