November 2017 pre trip and trip reports

Or the gang could be providing Canine Entertainment for the Rock Stars!
Mrs Bert's Mom While I have no direct personal information I have several un-impeachable sources of impeccable integrity that Tiggerdad's daughters adore Yeti and Mallory. To allow any sort of annoyance or misfortune t befall them would cause great annoyance and displeasure to the young ladies I referenced. Hence I posit that keep peace at home and what little remains of his hair and sanity Tiggerdad in his wisdom assigned them a protective detail

Mrs Bert's Mom While I have no direct personal information I have several un-impeachable sources of impeccable integrity that Tiggerdad's daughters adore Yeti and Mallory. To allow any sort of annoyance or misfortune t befall them would cause great annoyance and displeasure to the young ladies I referenced. Hence I posit that keep peace at home and what little remains of his hair and sanity Tiggerdad in his wisdom assigned them a protective detail
I'm happy to know our granddoggies are so well taken care of!!

Hair is still here.

Just turning gray in a hurry...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Kris.

I really enjoyed the pictures and review on the cake decorating. It looks like a good time. Hope you have a safe trip back home.

Time for my update. Getting ready to go home delays updates. Thursday after cake decorating and hanging out with the rock stars we headed to Epcot. We had FP for TT but skipped and just walked around world showcase. We ate two things from the holiday festival booths. We had the sauerbraten in Germany (it was ok, meat good but spatzel was not authentic) and the soba noodles from Japan. This was excellent. It was fancy ramen. Loved the miso soup it was salty, and it had a tempura shrimp and piece of chicken.

IMG_3006.JPG

Then we listened to candlelight processional. After that we headed out. We stopped at Ample Hills ice cream. We got an ice cream sandwich to compare to the plaza. Ample Hills wins on ice cream, plaza on the cookies. Ample Hills is like a Ben and Jerries with all kinds of stuff in the ice cream. Thought it was delicious just no need for cookies. I recommend it just by pass the sandwich and get a cup or cone.

Friday was the usual, get up early to get ready for no more vacation, then I ran 6 miles. I have been on a breakfast kick so we headed to TE for BF again. I love it though. After that we went to AK. I had another FP for Flight of Passage. That was a total of 3 for this trip (none for next trip). The ride is awesome, think Soarin on steroids.

IMG_3010.JPG

After the ride it was back to the rig to breakdown camp. I did so much laundry in hopes to make Sunday much easier at home. I cleaned the rig and bert tackled the outside. It was non stop for 4 hours. We had dinner at TE, the ressie was for 6:10. By then we were exhausted and starving. The peel and eat shrimp were huge, they had bigger ones due to thanksgiving. I think I ate 20, then all the usual. After dinner walked dogs, Mallory got all the requisite pets and then inside for clothes packing since everything was clean. We are going back in a month so we actually left some things in the rig for the next trip.

The plan for Saturday get up at 6 and head out by 8 (bert was secretly hoping for 7 but I knew it would not happen).

Saturday we were out of bed by 6:20. Had the coffee set to go at 6. We had everything done yesterday. All that was left was to feed dogs, pee them, load the car, close slides, and pull power and cable. We left the site at 7:34 and hooked up the car, left the fort at 7:50. TEN WHOLE MINUTES EARLY!!!

We had fairly limited traffic made decent time in Florida. We did have to stop twice for bathroom breaks (dang coffee). Stopped again in Macon. Here is where I had some fun. I DROVE the RV. Yes I started it and pulled out of the rest area spot and drove around to the back of the rest area. It was probably 400 feet. I was so proud of myself.

Now it was time to get ready for Atlanta. Hit some traffic but we expected it. Made decent time got to storage area in 8 hours and 15 minutes. Took about 45 minutes to park move dogs and stuff and load up car. Home in 9 hours and 20 minutes. We thought it was pretty decent.

Yeti had a new spot. We took the crate down. He laid between us. Depending on which side he laid on one of us could pet him.

IMG_3013.JPG

IMG_3014.JPG

Now I pass the torch to Melissa and Mike. We will be back Jan 2.

Kris Calories over done at DISNEY "DON'T" count enjoy the cookie.
Happy you all made it home safe in one piece Has Yeti been secretly been communicating with WOOKIEBEAR and the Kids. If Wookie isn't in front of the doggie window then she lays down next to my seat so she can nudge me for attention. Or try to lay down in front of my seat doesn't work too well. Last time she decided to go there as I was trying to make a right hand turn into access ramp back to 95 that was fun with my right leg 6 inches over the pedals and my knee in the steering wheel Katie takes the space between the seats if WookieBear isn't there Sky likes her comfort on the couch and Mommy with her
So looking forward to meeting you band in Jan

@tigger92662, I did like it. A few more rest area drives and I may take it on 75 from one rest area to another in the right lane :o

One of my goals is to be able to drive it, at least on the highway between rest areas to give bert a little break.

GO KRIS GO!!!. My wife loves to drive, as as there is no traffic, construction, mountains etc, LOL
My wife puts up with driving, and then only when she is in her Explorer. :D

One of my goals is to be able to drive it, at least on the highway between rest areas to give Bert a little break.
Donna isn't quite there. She is taking a little more interest in how to hitch/unhitch, level and general hookup and tear down stuff. Driving? Not so much.

We finally cut into the cake. It is delicious.
That does look really good. I may look into that for February. I have to call out the creamer in the background. I saw the Kroger logo and it made me homesick. We use to have Kroger here until 15 or 20 years ago. There are several large local grocery chains in StL. Kroger just surrendered the market. I loved Kroger.

j

GO KRIS GO!!!. You'll get the hang of it in no time. My wife loves to drive, as long as there is no traffic, construction, mountains etc, LOL
Yeah What He Said.

@tigger92662, I did like it. A few more rest area drives and I may take it on 75 from one rest area to another in the right lane :o

One of my goals is to be able to drive it, at least on the highway between rest areas to give bert a little break.
Lucille is like you she isn't too sure about getting behind the wheel. Since we bought from Lazy Days we both get a free driver training course Lecture in the morning, Practical in the afternoon Plenty of time in between to take care of the Rock Stars. We had a site near the dog runs in the Campground and are hoping for the same area in 2 weeks when we are doing it . Every now and then they teature some one doing it on BIG TIME RV (GAC Channel Wed nights) We'll let you know what we thought and cost
We finally cut into the cake. It is delicious.

View attachment 286373

Good thing I am running 13 miles tomorrow. They will be tough not the best dinner (leftover burgers and brats) but I have to do it.
That Cake looks like a second piece please

Mike I would like to know what you think of the driving class, though I might really want Lucille's opinion.

Thanks again for the fabulous trip report! Loved all the selfies, loved the cake decorating, glad the rock stars had a good trip too. Awesome and congrats on driving the RV.

This candlelight processional. Is this something you have to have tickets for, or is this open for people to view and listen to when walking through Epcot?

The term "pee them". Nice. I'm going to use that from now on. With three kiddos, I often have to "pee them" before leaving the house! So funny! So so funny!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter