November 2017 pre trip and trip reports

If there's not a site available (or not one you want), you can always park in the overflow lot and take the bus to the marina. Then hop on the boat over and take the morning to walk around the GF/Poly/WL or hop on the monorail for a bit. Even if we're not heading to MK that day, it's always exciting to see the boat pull into the park! We haven't ever had a problem checking in early (one year it was a whole day early and they not only accommodated us but gave us the night for free since they didn't have our first choice available) so I doubt you'll have a problem. But if you do it's nice that there's so much to do at Disney that you can go anywhere! Disney Springs would be fun too!
Why if there's no site available, we might just have to pop over to Trail's End for breakfast! 8-)

I need to learn to read better :P Sorry all, thought this was for November as a whole not for FW. Again sorry.

Last edited:
I need to learn to read better :P Sorry all, thought this was for November as a whole not for FW. Again sorry.
You're are than welcome to join us, Autumnfire. We are a mostly harmless lot. Sounds like you have a November trip planned. Tell us what you have planned and we'll let you know how you can add a little Fort fun into it. It's Disney's little known "5th gate". :D

j

I'm late to getting into this thread, but I'm another who gets to be a part of two of our month groups. I am hauling the trailer down from WI and the family will fly down to meet me once I'm there and set up. I check in on 10/26 and the family arrives 10/27 - we all head home on 11/5.

We are WDW vets, but this is our first trip to the Fort. Can't wait!

I'm late to getting into this thread, but I'm another who gets to be a part of two of our month groups. I am hauling the trailer down from WI and the family will fly down to meet me once I'm there and set up. I check in on 10/26 and the family arrives 10/27 - we all head home on 11/5.

We are WDW vets, but this is our first trip to the Fort. Can't wait!

You will become addicted to the Fort. Staying at the Fort is like another DW Park. So relaxing, beautiful., serene, and FUN. We also travel from WI once a year in our fifth wheel and spend several weeks. Safe travels.

Last edited:
You will become addicted to the Fort. Staying at the Fort is like another DW Park. So relaxing, beautiful., serene, and FUN. We also travel from WI once a year in or fifth wheel and spend several weeks. Safe travels.

Someday I hope that will be us. Unfortunately, with three kids in school, it is rough to get a trip down there.

Haven’t yet bitten the bullet and taken a summer trip - that heat is just brutal!

"Hi. My name is Ed. And I have a Fort addiction problem...."

Count me as another person who will post in both the October and November trip threads probably.

We arrive at the Fort in October and leave the Fort in November. The way it works out, I'll probably post the Golf Cart parade and ToT pictures in the October thread (and October activities) and our MK visit which will be in November (and other November activities) in the November thread.

So like mickeyfan0805 I will be in both the October and November trip threads.

Bama Ed

Jealous of all ya"ll that will be there over Halloween. I would love to be there for all the events. Unfortunately, that will never happen for us as hubby is still in the field on Halloween. God willing all the crops will be out by then, but never will the field work be done by then. Looking forward to all the pictures and updates!!!

Hi all! We are frequent visitors to WDW, but this will be our first time at the Fort! I am beyond excited to check out everything the Fort has to offer. It will be me, my hubby, and our 2 boys, ages 15 and 12. We are a Scouting family, so we spend a lot of time in the great outdoors. We will be taking our 5th wheel from Atlanta to Orlando 11/18-11/24. We are staying in a Premium site, in order to best accommodate the length of our RV, truck and golf cart. Knowing nothing about the Fort, I was in for a shock last year when I called and tried to book Thanksgiving of 2016. The lady literally laughed on the phone and told me the Fort books up far in advance for the holiday breaks. Once I got over the initial shock, I called and booked for Thanksgiving of this year. The trip seemed really far away at the time, but now it is just around the corner!

Hi all! The trip seemed really far away at the time, but now it is just around the corner!

Welcome! You'll love the Fort! It's a great spot to celebrate Thanksgiving. We always get the premium sites too (we don't have a fifth wheel, but have a 36' TT along with a 15 passenger 3500, so a long combo) and have never had a problem fitting it all with room to spare.

18 days for us! It's really going by fast now. DS has surgery next week (on my birthday) so that's the next big hurdle to get through before we leave. I can't believe we're in the teens!

@Mrs. Toaster we are also heading out 11/18 but checking in 11/19. We are lucky and staying a while. We have 3 weeks booked but probably checking out 12/2. We will be heading from Atlanta as well. I think Saturday night we will stop at eagles roost then finish the 4 hours to Disney on Sunday.

If you spend time at the fort you will probably see us. We have dogs that are rockstars, you can't miss them.

Magic Bands arrived today!!! 25 days now. All my Florida/touring appropriate clothes arrived in the mail yesterday, and I’m almost ready to start packing.

We’ll be down November 6-18. 17 days (16 ‘TIL we leave)!!! We have a pop up and hopefully will be in the 1500 loop. This will be our second stay at the Fort. We fell in love with it last time and no I can’t imagine staying anywhere else!
Cheers for ears,

:welcome: to the DIS AND the Camping Forum. It sounds like you are already a Fort convert. Enjoy your stay and, if you have time, drop in here and tell us about your trip.

j

I'm going to kick off the weekend later today by compiling the master list of who's going to be there when unless somebody else beats me to it. Looks like a good group!

Cheers for ears,

:welcome: to the DIS AND the Camping Forum. It sounds like you are already a Fort convert. Enjoy your stay and, if you have time, drop in here and tell us about your trip.

j
Thanks! I will post updates for sure! Is it crazy that I already have my DS,DD, and my bag packed? DH is on his own for packing his stuff :rotfl2: I’ll post pics too (if I can figure out how :/)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!