November 2018 Car Rental Watch

Just wanted to pop on here and say I just checked my week (11/3-11/10) on costco.com and was able to get my Alamo standard car down from $360 to $278. Still a little higher than I typically pay for a week in Orlando, but MUCH better. So you might want to re-check your week! Autoslash found it as low as $255 if I wanted to prepay in full, which I didn't.

I tired the Autoslash and the price I got through my company was cheaper. We are going Thanksgiving week so prices are always higher.

I am also not a Costco member so can't go that way. Oh well!

My price hasn't budged since I booked it a couple of weeks ago - Costco, Nov 18-26, intermediate, $281.

Ours dropped from $633 to $354 for the week before Thanksgiving in part by switching from MCO to Disney's car center. I'll just take an Uber to pick up the car.

ETA: We initially booked a minivan but upgraded to a full-size SUV, which is what we drive at home.

I just checked out Dollar Rental Car and they are having a sale today only. I was able to rent a mid-sized SUV, which is what we have at home, for the week of Thanksgiving for $289. :)

I was able to get a minivan for $363 for a week through Dollar. I've been checking daily for months and it's been around $500-$600 for the week. Since we need two, it's a substantial savings for us.

The promo code for the 30% off "Dollar Day" is 101368 .

Haven't booked yet, but have a trip from 11/1 - 11/5. Best price I found was through my corporate account with Avis. $209.76 for a full size. Way more than I want to pay. At least I get free resort parking since I made my hotel reservations before the March cutoff date.

We are still looking for 1st through 11th for a standard and the lowest using all variations of codes and coupons is $348 through Alamo. I am hoping it will be closer to the $300 mark.

We are still looking for 1st through 11th for a standard and the lowest using all variations of codes and coupons is $348 through Alamo. I am hoping it will be closer to the $300 mark.

Let us know if you see anything. We are October 31-November 12, so a couple of days more. We need 6 passenger vehicle, so looking at $550 as our lowest right now.

Just wanted to pop on here and say I just checked my week (11/3-11/10) on costco.com and was able to get my Alamo standard car down from $360 to $278. Still a little higher than I typically pay for a week in Orlando, but MUCH better. So you might want to re-check your week! Autoslash found it as low as $255 if I wanted to prepay in full, which I didn't.

Autoslash found me a good prepay deal too but I confirmed w Alamo if I book w them, no skip the counter so that’s a no for me.

Autoslash found me a good prepay deal too but I confirmed w Alamo if I book w them, no skip the counter so that’s a no for me.

I often don’t skip the counter for Alamo because of my hyphenated name - and it usually takes no more than 10 minutes...sometimes I am done before the family even has time to go to the restroom!

I saved $16 on my Thanksgiving week rental today (could have saved $18 but I upgraded to a standard from intermediate). Now at $265.

I finally booked a rate I could live with.

Insider + Costco + $25/off coupon posted here. (Includes second driver)

11/5 - pick up at MCO
11/12 - drop off at TPA

$237 all in for a Midsize SUV/RAV4 size

Will be watching for something lower but we will live with this!

I finally booked a rate I could live with.

Insider + Costco + $25/off coupon posted here. (Includes second driver)

11/5 - pick up at MCO
11/12 - drop off at TPA

$237 all in for a Midsize SUV/RAV4 size

Will be watching for something lower but we will live with this!

I would be content with that. I am going to check again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter