**November 2019 check in ***

We will be there 11/25-11/30, staying at GCH. It's me, DH and DS16. This is a much needed trip. We are coming from Indiana. My mother in law passed away last month and we always spend Thanksgiving with her, and DH always cooks dinner for his family. So he decided there was no way he could have any part of any regular Thanksgiving this year. So DL it is! We have never stayed for more than a day or two in the times we've gone, so this will be fabulous! I need to read through this for any advice on being here for the holiday! Trying to figure out where we will eat on Thanksgiving Day.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope this can be a special time for your family, despite the overall sadness that this time will bring.

We were just 4 days ago able to book WOC dessert party for the 30th Oct. We phoned the Grand (also from Aus) and we were told to keep looking (we kept looking for what seemed an eternity) and that it was dependent on the release of the entertainment. Until the entertainment was scheduled, the packages couldn’t be scheduled.

My recommendation is to just keep looking, they will eventually come online.

We are doing the BB F! dining on the 31st Oct. It took what seemed like forever, but we now have all bookings done that we intend to book. I know your frustration but I think you just have to keep on it. Good luck with the remaining booking and enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

We were just 4 days ago able to book WOC dessert party for the 30th Oct. We phoned the Grand (also from Aus) and we were told to keep looking (we kept looking for what seemed an eternity) and that it was dependent on the release of the entertainment. Until the entertainment was scheduled, the packages couldn’t be scheduled.

My recommendation is to just keep looking, they will eventually come online.

We are doing the BB F! dining on the 31st Oct. It took what seemed like forever, but we now have all bookings done that we intend to book. I know your frustration but I think you just have to keep on it. Good luck with the remaining booking and enjoy your stay.

Yeah managed to book the RBT Upgrade for Fantasmic last night after spending and eternity on the phone 😂. WOC is the last thing to do on my to do list so yep just checking regularly through out the day and night!

I was surprised last night when the Fantasmic packages appeared. I'd been watching for a while. Now we just need a WOC dessert party, 2 Oga's and I think there's like a Carnation reservation I'm just waiting for the calendar to roll up to.

Yes! Waiting on WOC dessert party and also hoping for a holiday firework show package. Our big annual 4 night trip to the Grand is mid November (love the holiday season decor) but we just went last Saturday for a one day trip to see the electrical light parade. Wow! On a touring plans rated 2, low crowd calendar day, it was very crowded. We sat out 2 hours before the parade and barely found optimal seating. Ran for a popcorn refil an HOUR before the parade and barely made it back to our seats. Crowds were so packed and solid, I couldn’t make it thru. Stressful. I’m willing to pay for seating.. Kid will have to wait for popcorn next time haha

We're going and I can't wait. 6-11. We haven't been to disney LAND at "xmas time" since 13. We did go to World over Christmas in 16 but either way it has been way too long. Hope that by that weekend all the xmas stuff is up and out and looking forward to seeing all the decs etc. We are staying at Desert Inn.

Hope that by that weekend all the xmas stuff is up and out and looking forward to seeing all the decs etc.

Yes, everything should be up on Friday, November 8, including It's a Small World, which will reopen that morning with it's Christmas overlay, the Christmas Fantasy Parade that night, and later the "Believe in Holiday Magic" fireworks. Can't wait!

Anyone else waiting for them to release WOC dessert packages?! It’s my last thing left to book :)
Yes! That's my last thing left to book too. I'm impatient because as soon as I know the night, I'm going to try to arrange childcare so my husband and I can have one night without the kids.

I finally got to book my dining reservations after days and days of checking for availability.
Our trip coincides with my daughter's and my birthday, so I booked the princess breakfast at Napa Rose. We like to take a midday break, so I thought I would try to make brunch out of it and booked a 10:40 reservation. I've heard the princesses' interaction gets worse and worse the later the reservation is and they get tired out, but I also don't want to miss the first couple hours of park opening. We'll see how it goes.
I also booked the Blue Bayou Fantasmic! package. We've never eaten at Blue Bayou before, and we all love Fantasmic, so this seems perfect.
Everything is taken care of. Now, Disney, please publish the park hours for November!

I have reservations for 2 character meals and BBB but still waiting for WOC dessert availability. I show nothing available for Oga's at the 60 day mark. Does whole day really fill up the morning the reservation opens at 60 days?

I have reservations for 2 character meals and BBB but still waiting for WOC dessert availability. I show nothing available for Oga's at the 60 day mark. Does whole day really fill up the morning the reservation opens at 60 days?
I'm pretty sure that while Oga's appears as an option at 60 days the actual reservations are only being added at the 14 day mark. If you compare availability at days 13, 14 (plenty) to 15, 16 (none) you can kind of verify that.

My family checks into the Grand Californian Nov4 to Nov9. It's me, DH & DS(turning18). We will be spending 3 days before in LA to do tourist things and Universal Studios. We are DVC members also. I'm also waiting for WOC Dessert Party to open for Nov. This is our 2nd trip to DL. We have been to DW many times. I can't wait to go back to DL. I loved Cars Land and riding the different rides that the World doesn't have.
I'm still trying to understand the Maxx pass? Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

My family checks into the Grand Californian Nov4 to Nov9. It's me, DH & DS(turning18). We will be spending 3 days before in LA to do tourist things and Universal Studios. We are DVC members also. I'm also waiting for WOC Dessert Party to open for Nov. This is our 2nd trip to DL. We have been to DW many times. I can't wait to go back to DL. I loved Cars Land and riding the different rides that the World doesn't have.
I'm still trying to understand the Maxx pass? Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?
For maxpass just check out this thread...
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...thread-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/
there should be everything you need to know and it’s well explained...

I'm pretty sure that while Oga's appears as an option at 60 days the actual reservations are only being added at the 14 day mark. If you compare availability at days 13, 14 (plenty) to 15, 16 (none) you can kind of verify that.

Yes - reservations for Oga's can be made 14 days out. :)

Heads up all, WOC Dessert Party just populated up to Nov 7th (with a 6:45pm time) on the website. As been the trend...it populates in the afternoon but inventory isn't released and bookable until the next day...so I'll be booking mine tomorrow (hopefully)!

Hopefully the rest of Nov should be on deck over the next little while...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter