**November 2019 check in ***

I’m getting really excited now that we are a few months away. For those of you on the East Coast with younger kids, how do you manage the time difference? We aren’t in CA for long so I’m not sure I want to get them on Cali time, but I’m also a bit sad they may miss the awesome night shows.

I’m thinking of doing the the Chef’s counter at Napa Rose on our DL day, but I probably wouldn’t make the later seating and therefore the kids would be back at the hotel most likely asleep by 5. Any ideas If they can still enjoy some of the holiday things earlier on in the day?

We're travelling from Australia to New York (your hometown by any chance?? :) ) and then to Disneyland so time difference and jet lag are really likely to hit us hard. But really all you can do in try to go to bed at the correct time in the location that you're in and stay well hydrated. I've been to Disneyland in November a few times before and a few of the rides have holiday overlays, and there are decorations everywhere so the kids will really enjoy that. I'm not sure where Santa will be now since he used to be where Galaxy's Edge is now, but I'm sure he'll still be there - unless they cut his budget too :mad:. You're lucky, Christmas celebrations start on 8 November.

We love the Candy Cane Inn! Our trips overlap a bit, but we're staying around the corner this time so we can share a suite instead of having to get 2 rooms. We're saving that money for WoC Dessert Party and Blue Bayou for Fantasmic! Be sure to re-check the hotel website from time to time - I just did this yesterday and I got our reservation lowered by $350. :) I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip! It'll be the perfect way to shrug off a tough year!
I absolutely agree with rechecking prices! I saved $100 last week and I've still got 10 weeks left so I'm checking every few days.:cool1:

I was so down about not going to DLR for our regular Halloween trip, then DH said because Thanksgiving is so late this year he has 3 weeks off in Nov! Still trying to figure out if we will go for 3 or 4 nights (we also go to the parks on both travel days). DH said it is up to me since he has so much time off.

For me this is super last minute. I checked SW flights last week (when I was still working on DH ;)) and was very happy with what I saw. Yesterday flights went up by $35 each. Not a huge amount but enough that now DD and DH do not have enough miles. Might fly Frontier (which DH HATES!!!) one way and SW on the way back.

Last Oct DD and I stayed at the Anaheim Hotel and were very happy (our regular place is the DI&S). They have really good rates and it was still close enough for us. Right now I see Hotwire has the Anaheim for $69 on a blind bid so we will very likely stay there.

Tickets through LMTC. Have enough Disney gift cards (that I had been saving for our May trip, but I can replace them) for food and misc. Also have Uber and Starbucks gift cards. I also have SW gift cards but again, was saving them for May.

This is our first time going in Nov! Usually May and Oct our our go-to months. Really looking forward the possibility of cooler weather and holiday decorations. I read the holiday season starts on Veteran's day - is the holiday IaSW open by then?!

I was so down about not going to DLR for our regular Halloween trip, then DH said because Thanksgiving is so late this year he has 3 weeks off in Nov! Still trying to figure out if we will go for 3 or 4 nights (we also go to the parks on both travel days). DH said it is up to me since he has so much time off.

For me this is super last minute. I checked SW flights last week (when I was still working on DH ;)) and was very happy with what I saw. Yesterday flights went up by $35 each. Not a huge amount but enough that now DD and DH do not have enough miles. Might fly Frontier (which DH HATES!!!) one way and SW on the way back.

Last Oct DD and I stayed at the Anaheim Hotel and were very happy (our regular place is the DI&S). They have really good rates and it was still close enough for us. Right now I see Hotwire has the Anaheim for $69 on a blind bid so we will very likely stay there.

Tickets through LMTC. Have enough Disney gift cards (that I had been saving for our May trip, but I can replace them) for food and misc. Also have Uber and Starbucks gift cards. I also have SW gift cards but again, was saving them for May.

This is our first time going in Nov! Usually May and Oct our our go-to months. Really looking forward the possibility of cooler weather and holiday decorations. I read the holiday season starts on Veteran's day - is the holiday IaSW open by then?!

When we went last time in November, the week following Veteran's day (12th-16th) IaSW was definitely open and the lights were shining bright. I believe all of the decor was up already at that point, so no need to worry about missing anything. The website says November 8th through January 6th, so all of the holiday stuff should be ready and raring to go even slightly before Veteran's day.

This thread is for those of us planning our Disneyland trips for November 2019. Please post your dates, who's coming, where you're staying and maybe even where you're from. Any hints, tips or rumors you've heard are also welcome.
I'll kick it off.

19-25 November. Myself, DH and DD10, travelling from Australia staying at PVI - unless they're still doing reservations for SWGE, in which case I'll book one night in a DLR hotel. We'll be travelling to NYC and Washington DC before Disneyland so if anyone is familiar with those places and has some tips, feel free to message me!

hjgaus 7-9 The Villas at The Grand Californian :cake:
rklafuller 10-24 PPH
Mike_M 2-4 Kings Inn on Katella
Keyframer30 3-7 VGC
Snabbit 16-22 BWPPI :cake:
Sunclytie Mid Nov. Grand Californian :cake:
georgiesgirl 17-22 BBPPI
gogirlgo 3-7 Homewood Suites CC
beachdreamr122 27-29 PPH
Glynis4 1st week Nov BW Stovalls or DI&S
lauraalicealice 4-16 BW Stovalls
:lovestruc
Meriweather 3-8 VGC
Smartlabelprint 31-3 Disneyland Hotel
CanuckMuma 4-9 Park Vue Inn
Bruin_Mouse 14-19 Villas Grand Californian
Slpeters 13-20
Jfsag123 Thanksgiving Paradise Pier
Julia M 16-21 Peacock Suites
Dkrauss 5-10 Red Lion Inn
Aroseinwinter 17-22 Best Western Inn
GlowTheWeird 9-13 California Grand :cake:
Sarbah77 22-25
Blondie Wolf 3-7 Grand Californian
Kpallas3 1-7 Disneyland Hotel
NYC2Disney 8-11
Cloe Colton 14-18 Disneyland Hotel
Megb1 27-1 Dec Grand Californian
Biff13 13-17 DVC Grand Californian
paradesintherain 6-12 Tropicana Inn
Shinji4u 4-8 Stovall's Inn
PatriciaH 14-15 or 19-20
Karyanne 16-22
PrincessDenisse 8-17 Desert Inn or Castle Inn
707MickeyGirl 26-2 Dec Desert Palms
Naomippb79 17-22 DVC
BrokeMack 11-15 Grand Californian
Sjwillia 13-16 Courtyard Theme Park Entrance
Merrb 6-12 :cake:
Minnie Min 2nd week Best Western
SunnyBunny08 DLH
Jaina 16th
Taffy 10-15 Grand Californian
Clydesisme 27-30
Beachdreamr1229 27-29
TinkerTay 16-19 GCH
Eve & Wall-e 12-17 Tropicana
B3rlingirl Thanksgiving
Golf4food 16-22 Courtyard Anbaheim
PrincessMcGee 12-13
Hyperminimalism 11-16 BWPAI
gpjacobs 19-21 Grand Californian
dolewhipdream 6-10 Stovall's
Theosaur 28-1 Dec
Ptcru1ser 12-21 Worldmark
sjwillia 12th
heybets30 6-8 Portofino
noodle73 5-6 Cortona Inn & Suites
BandMom1 22-28 Candy Cane Inn
rmonty02 23-29
Triphi 5-8 PPH
Shelly Baxter - My husband Brent, myself, my niece Jonna (20 years Old) and her husband will be traveling from extreme Northern California (12 hour trip) to celebrate some Christmas and Jonna's recent nuptials on November 19 - 22

We love the Candy Cane Inn! Our trips overlap a bit, but we're staying around the corner this time so we can share a suite instead of having to get 2 rooms. We're saving that money for WoC Dessert Party and Blue Bayou for Fantasmic! Be sure to re-check the hotel website from time to time - I just did this yesterday and I got our reservation lowered by $350. :) I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip! It'll be the perfect way to shrug off a tough year!
The WoC Dessert Party is FABULOUS!!! And you can't go wrong with the BB Fantasmic package! We love the CCI and have a great rate as a returning guest plus our AAA discount - but it never hurts to check rates. And wow - $350 savings will help pay for a lot of churros!😜 Thank you for the sweet words...this trip WILL be the perfect way to end this crazy year. Hope you have a fantastic trip too!

Short trip for us: November 2-5. Just me and the H (he's not really a "Disney Husband", so I just call him "H").

We're coming for Dapper Days and staying at the Grand! (Wahoo!)

I keep telling H that staying at the Grand will change his life! And he rolls his eyes at me. Clearly I have my work cut out for me if I want to turn him into a DH.

Original plan was to come September/October to see the parks all decked out for Halloween. But the timing of early November worked out better. I'm hoping there is still a pumpkin or two to be seen while we're there!

Now if only Disney would get its act together with loading the dining reservations. Hello? Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining package? Where are you?

So I'm watching the Fantasmic Dining Packages starting to finally get populated on the website for October and it seems that you can book everyday of the week. Does this mean Fantasmic will be running every night and any guesses if that will roll into November?

My wife and I, along with our 9-year-old daughter and one of her friends will be staying at the Camelot November 3-9. It'll be my daughter's friend's first time in any of the Disney parks, so we're really looking forward to sharing that first-time experience with her.

I keep telling H that staying at the Grand will change his life! And he rolls his eyes at me. Clearly I have my work cut out for me if I want to turn him into a DH.

Several years ago, I was a lot like him. I enjoyed Disneyland as a kid, but I sort of "lost my way" with Disney as a young adult. Became a parent a little later in life than most (mid-40s), and that changed everything. My friends think I'm crazy now, but I just love it.

I am trying to make dinner reservations for November 2 at CC. Does anyone know why I can't get anything past lunch yet? And I also can't make F! reservations for HB--is this not happening anymore?

I am trying to make dinner reservations for November 2 at CC. Does anyone know why I can't get anything past lunch yet? And I also can't make F! reservations for HB--is this not happening anymore?
Sounds like they're still working on getting October reservations and only about a week and a half of November is up. Give it a few more days, maybe a week and check back. It sounds like they're getting to it, but you'll just have to be patient and keep checking.

Disney has some issues finalizing the hours and the entertainment schedule so accordingly they can’t let people book packages or dining reservations...
My hope is that they get back to the normal 60 days with the holiday season starting soon.

For anyone who will be in the L.A. area on Nov. 8th & 9th:
Disney Pixar Coco – A Live-to-Film Concert Experience
To Celebrate Diá de los Muertos, the Beloved Oscar®-winning Disney and Pixar Film is Reimagined at the Legendary Hollywood Bowl. Amazing Live-to-Film Concert Experience will Feature Live Orchestra and Digital Projection on the Shell of the Historic Venue
https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/event...-pixar-coco-a-live-to-film-concert-experience

Plaza Inn dining reservations are finally showing up for Nov. 3, but every time I go to book it’s either “someone ate the page” or “we’re having trouble loading this page, please try again”. Ugh!

Plaza Inn dining reservations are finally showing up for Nov. 3, but every time I go to book it’s either “someone ate the page” or “we’re having trouble loading this page, please try again”. Ugh!

I get this problem all the time. Delete your cookies for that page and refresh, it should work then (hopefully).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter