**November 2019 check in ***

It seems so weird that after all this time not being able to plan anything it's almost time to start making reservations. We're there the 13th through the 20th. We finally decided to fly into SNA and stay at the Grand Legacy. Now it's almost time to start making reservations. I think it's kind of ironic that after all the talk about how you don't have to plan Disneyland, it sounds like I'm going to have to stalk the website for days or even weeks to get the reservations I want.

We made a bit of a change due to the discounts that were released. We’re now staying at the Disneyland Hotel 11/25-11/28 instead of PPH. We’ll actually be in the parks most days 11/23-11/29 , but staying with family the rest of the time. I’m so ready for November.

Anyone have any idea whether Disney will be offering dining packages at the Plaza Inn again this year for the holiday parade? And if so, when that is would be announced? I'm assuming it would be after MSEP ends on 9/30? I hope they announce it soon though--I'm trying to plan out our day(s) in the park(s).

It looks like it, but I don’t think that they are bookable yet.
Ooooh, yes, I think you are right. I see that the days we are going are showing up as available on the calendar, but it says there's no availability.

I looked online and it looks like the packages were announced on either September 18 or 19 last year, so hopefully that's the case again this year. I just hate that the earliest you can book the package is 1pm because I'd prefer to eat earlier (I have a 4 year old). Oh well.

Wish me luck on getting cheapish airfare. I'm trying to schedule a trip there during Thanksgiving week. Booked at Sheraton Park Hotel 11/24-11/29. Planning on 4 park days. Will be my DS birthday on 12/1 so his bd celebration as well.

Edited to update my dates as I had to move them a day to get better airfare!

Last edited:
Wish me luck on getting cheapish airfare. I'm trying to schedule a trip there during Thanksgiving week. Booked at Sheraton Park Hotel 11/25-11/30. Planning on 4 park days. Will be my DS birthday on 12/1 so his bd celebration as well.

Good luck!

I usually use Google Flights to sort through the the different options on different carriers for flights anywhere. And then I go directly to the airline's website (usually Alaska, for me) to book the flight -- not that it's cheaper, but I just prefer to deal direct. I've had pretty good luck doing that.

Good luck!

I usually use Google Flights to sort through the the different options on different carriers for flights anywhere. And then I go directly to the airline's website (usually Alaska, for me) to book the flight -- not that it's cheaper, but I just prefer to deal direct. I've had pretty good luck doing that.
Yep! I do the same. I'm looking at all kinds of hacker combinations using points, 2 separate one ways, different airports nearby.

We will be there 11/25-11/30, staying at GCH. It's me, DH and DS16. This is a much needed trip. We are coming from Indiana. My mother in law passed away last month and we always spend Thanksgiving with her, and DH always cooks dinner for his family. So he decided there was no way he could have any part of any regular Thanksgiving this year. So DL it is! We have never stayed for more than a day or two in the times we've gone, so this will be fabulous! I need to read through this for any advice on being here for the holiday! Trying to figure out where we will eat on Thanksgiving Day.

We will be there 11/25-11/30, staying at GCH. It's me, DH and DS16. This is a much needed trip. We are coming from Indiana. My mother in law passed away last month and we always spend Thanksgiving with her, and DH always cooks dinner for his family. So he decided there was no way he could have any part of any regular Thanksgiving this year. So DL it is! We have never stayed for more than a day or two in the times we've gone, so this will be fabulous! I need to read through this for any advice on being here for the holiday! Trying to figure out where we will eat on Thanksgiving Day.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like a wise plan to be away with your immediate family and inject some happiness into what is bound to be an otherwise difficult season.

I am sorry for your loss as well...

It’s my first time being at DL at thanksgiving as well. As far as I have read here I think the info about the thanksgiving mess is posted the regular 60 days before thanksgiving by Disney... so every information now is just a guess... the biggest and most expensive thanksgiving dinner will be held at the DLH... and than there are some smaller ones... probably at goofy’s, Storyteller’s and Napa rose...
You can also eat something turkey based in many locations inside the park...
That’s all information I was able to gather so far... there isn’t much reliable info about the dinner options (besides the experience one at DLH...) at least I am unable to find more...

But if I am counting correctly the 60 day mark is about 14 days ahead...
I hope Disney already knows how it‘ll handle thanksgiving and doesn’t let us wait to reserve it like it does with in-Park dinner packages right now (because they can’t decide on finalizing park hours and park entertainment).

@cjnix29 , I'm so sorry for your loss 💔 I hope you guys have a wonderful, therapeutic, healing trip.

As far as the meals, we looked into them last year but decided we didn't want to lose any park time, so we ended up doing turkey legs and corn from one of the carts in the park. It was delicious and a wonderful memory for all of us.

We're going to be there November 12-16th.

Does anyone know why Fantasmic isn't booking out past the 2nd? I tried looking through the thread to see if this had already been answered but didn't see anything (I probably missed it!).

Also - does Oga's Cantina really fill up that fast with reservations? I just tried making them because I forgot this morning and there is no availability at all for the 14th. I wouldn't have thought it would fill up that fast, but maybe I'm wrong.

We're going to be there November 12-16th.

Does anyone know why Fantasmic isn't booking out past the 2nd? I tried looking through the thread to see if this had already been answered but didn't see anything (I probably missed it!).

Also - does Oga's Cantina really fill up that fast with reservations? I just tried making them because I forgot this morning and there is no availability at all for the 14th. I wouldn't have thought it would fill up that fast, but maybe I'm wrong.
I'm having the problem with Oga's too. My assumption is that they just haven't opened up reservations yet, even though they appear to be open. I'm just going to keep checking back a few times a week.

I'm having the problem with Oga's too. My assumption is that they just haven't opened up reservations yet, even though they appear to be open. I'm just going to keep checking back a few times a week.

Oga's only books out 14 days. I hear this may change, but this is the current reservation policy.

Oga's only books out 14 days. I hear this may change, but this is the current reservation policy.

That's a bummer! I thought they had extended it to 60 days for some reason. Thanks for letting me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!