**November 2019 check in ***

Last year we went Out 28 to Nov 2 and it was very warm. Even at night we did not need the hoodies we brought with us. This time we are going 11-15 and I really have no clue what to pack. I get cold easily and I'm planning on bringing layers. I have a couple of thin DLR sweatshirts and a half zip fleece that can be worn under a jacket. DD and DH are very warm so they will bring shorts and maybe a pair of jeans or 2 and hoodies for nights. Will probably bring swimsuits since where we are staying they have a nice pool.

I keep checking the weather right up to the day we leave for CA.

Coming from Florida, I tend to consider anything under 80 degrees worthy of long sleeves, but I guess we'll wait it out until closer to the date to see what the weather might do. I wouldn't mind slightly chillier temperatures to add to the Christmassy-ness, but I draw the line at 48 degrees and needing to bring winter coats!

Edited to add: we definitely won't bring bathing suits - my kids won't get in a pool unless it's above 85 degrees outside, they're such wimps about cold water!

I lived in Southern California for 20 years and never had to wear a coat not even once. A thick hoodie was the most and that was at the beach at night.

Coming from Florida, I tend to consider anything under 80 degrees worthy of long sleeves, but I guess we'll wait it out until closer to the date to see what the weather might do. I wouldn't mind slightly chillier temperatures to add to the Christmassy-ness, but I draw the line at 48 degrees and needing to bring winter coats!

Edited to add: we definitely won't bring bathing suits - my kids won't get in a pool unless it's above 85 degrees outside, they're such wimps about cold water!
That info about it being 48 and needing winter coats was about Disney World, not Disneyland. I think that poster got confused about which board he was on. 😛

I used to live in SoCal years ago and am planning to bring light layers for everyone for our first week of Nov. trip. It’s rare to need more than a sweater/long sleeved shirt with a light jacket over it, even in the middle of winter.

That info about it being 48 and needing winter coats was about Disney World, not Disneyland. I think that poster got confused about which board he was on. 😛

I used to live in SoCal years ago and am planning to bring light layers for everyone for our first week of Nov. trip. It’s rare to need more than a sweater/long sleeved shirt with a light jacket over it, even in the middle of winter.
I enjoyed my down coat on my last trip to Disneyland. And gloves. The wind can be bad at times.

I’m going to attempt Disneybounding as Elsa, and a jacket is really key to the look. I’m hoping it won’t be in the 80s like it is this week!

I enjoyed my down coat on my last trip to Disneyland. And gloves. The wind can be bad at times.
On one of our May trips I was freezing at night. I had to get my shearling-lined jacket when we went to watch WoC - I had the jacket in our room since at home it's still snowing in May.

A nice jacket, hoodie, or coat in a locker to bring out at night could be a good plan because it does get chilly at night but a parka would be overkill.

So I figure this is as good a place to ask as any...what would you guys do in this situation?

Right now we're arriving on a Friday and leaving Tuesday, with an early morning flight Tuesday out of LAX (7AM). I'm planning on using the Disneyland Express to get to Paradise Pier on the Friday, but it's too early to use that on the Tuesday morning, we wouldn't get there in time. As far as I can see, I have three options.

The first is to find some other way to get to LAX for around 6AM (maybe earlier?) on Tuesday morning. I'll have a 6 year old and a 3 year old with me and no car seats, so we'd either have to use a car service that offered car seats or a bus large enough to not use them. If anyone has any recommendations for those, I'd love to hear them!

The second option is to cancel our last night at Paradise Pier and stay at an airport hotel instead - this way we could use the Disneyland Express on the Monday evening to get to the airport, then stay there overnight and be where we need to be for our flight on Tuesday. This would mean losing an evening (and part of an afternoon) in the parks Monday, but would be less stressful Tuesday morning.

Option three is to change my flight to a later one on Tuesday, one that will allow me to use the first Disneyland Express departure of the day getting to LAX for 7AM (so probably a flight leaving at 8AM or later) - I'm using Southwest Points for this trip, and it will cost me about 11,000 more points to do this. Since we're flying back to Florida, the time change also means that doing this will get us in later, around 9PM - and the 6 year old has school the next day. So this isn't ideal, but not the end of the world.

What would you do?

So I figure this is as good a place to ask as any...what would you guys do in this situation?

Right now we're arriving on a Friday and leaving Tuesday, with an early morning flight Tuesday out of LAX (7AM). I'm planning on using the Disneyland Express to get to Paradise Pier on the Friday, but it's too early to use that on the Tuesday morning, we wouldn't get there in time. As far as I can see, I have three options.

The first is to find some other way to get to LAX for around 6AM (maybe earlier?) on Tuesday morning. I'll have a 6 year old and a 3 year old with me and no car seats, so we'd either have to use a car service that offered car seats or a bus large enough to not use them. If anyone has any recommendations for those, I'd love to hear them!

The second option is to cancel our last night at Paradise Pier and stay at an airport hotel instead - this way we could use the Disneyland Express on the Monday evening to get to the airport, then stay there overnight and be where we need to be for our flight on Tuesday. This would mean losing an evening (and part of an afternoon) in the parks Monday, but would be less stressful Tuesday morning.

Option three is to change my flight to a later one on Tuesday, one that will allow me to use the first Disneyland Express departure of the day getting to LAX for 7AM (so probably a flight leaving at 8AM or later) - I'm using Southwest Points for this trip, and it will cost me about 11,000 more points to do this. Since we're flying back to Florida, the time change also means that doing this will get us in later, around 9PM - and the 6 year old has school the next day. So this isn't ideal, but not the end of the world.

What would you do?
Option 3 for me :) I would take the extra time and enjoy. Could be tired at school the next day but would likely be ok.

I have used both Lansky and Anaheim Transport (JAG) when car seats are needed. The price is not cheap but I would prefer paying the cost to giving up any Disney time and the hassle of changing hotels.

What would you do?

I would go with 1 or 3 - and I’d use Lansky if going with 1 (they provide car seats). I guess depends if you’d rather have an early morning or a late night. What time does your 7am flight get you back at? Is the extra time in the morning with #3 worth the later night and extra points?

I would go with 1 or 3 - and I’d use Lansky if going with 1 (they provide car seats). I guess depends if you’d rather have an early morning or a late night. What time does your 7am flight get you back at? Is the extra time in the morning with #3 worth the later night and extra points?

I'll look into Lansky, that sounds like it might work. I don't mind early mornings, but early mornings when you're trying to make a flight are stressful. The 7AM flight gets us back at 4PM, whereas the other flight I'm looking at is a 9.30AM flight and gets us in at 9PM because of a longer layover. Not the end of the world. but something to consider. I think it might be worth the extra points...

You’ll probably have to get your kids up around 3 am to get to LAX in time. I’ve heard they are doing construction so maybe earlier. That’s rough. I’d probably stay near LAX.

What would you do?
For a flight that early I would stay near LAX. You don't have to lose that much park time, no midday break in the room but PP will hold your luggage until you are ready to leave for the LAX hotel. I would not want to stress early in the morning about transportation, traffic and lines at LAX.

For the 3rd option you just have to think if the 11K miles (around $160ish) is worth it and if you would be ok with your 6 year old missing school the next day. It is not just getting home after 9PM but vacation really takes it out of you, especially getting up early and having a long flight. Once I get home I need at least a day off before going back to work.

Last edited:
Can I get a little advice on our return to LAX?

We fly out at 11pm on a Friday night. What time should we plan to arrive at LAX? And what time would we need to leave DisneyLand to do so? Any advice on the best travel method to LAX?

We ended up changing our reservation from Paradise Pier to Disneyland Hotel yesterday since some rooms just opened up at the discounted rate. My daughter is one of those Disney trivia junkies who knows the detailed history of every attraction in the park, so she loves the more retro style of DLH. I just made our reservations for Ogas (since the 30-day reservation window opened up). So excited to experience the park with my newly 21-year-old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter