2019 was supposed to be a “year off from Disney,” but we’re only going to make it until November. So we’ll be at POP (our first time there) from the 10th through the 15th. We’ll hold off on Star Wars until our March 2020 trip, and spend at least a day at F&W - probably the 13th since we’ll avoid MK that day. I decided that we will do a party since we both love MK at night. ADR day is Tuesday, and although I’m still dithering over a couple of choices, I think I have a working plan. It will be good to hang out with you good folks as we count off the days!

We got the dining we wanted! Dinner at Wine Bar George on our first night, Narcoossee’s on a Christmas Party night and then we’ll watch the holiday fireworks show from there or the Poly depending on timing, lunch at Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill, and late breakfast at The Wave (hello, mimosas!) on our MK day. We will hit the Food & Wine Festival several times to munch around the world, and Satu’li Canteen and Flame Tree on our AK days because they are both favorites. And the most delightful breakfast of all... giant Mickey cinnamon rolls from Kusafiri Bake Shop, paired with margaritas from the Dawa Bar while we watch the Tam Tam Drummers! Aaaah.

And, we decided to switch from POR to Pop! It’s $600 cheaper, the rooms now have two queens, and more importantly, GONDOLAS! We love POR but we can’t pass that deal up... especially since we can’t assume there will be a room only discount since SWGE will be hopping. That $600 will go a long way towards food and beverages... and we are all super excited to take the gondolas to Epcot and HS.

I’m so excited! :flower:
did i miss the opening date of the gondolas? if you made your ADRs, that's the same time we will be there. thanks!

I've searched but didn't see anything - normally free dining is announced by now right? I seem to recall that always being an April thing. Has anyone read any rumors on it?

It's being offered this summer ahead of the GE opening.

Ah didn't even think about GE - so I guess they won't need to offer it in the fall to fill rooms.

Also good to see another Who dat in here... I'm scheduling my trip to leave right after the Saints beat the Falcons. :)

did i miss the opening date of the gondolas? if you made your ADRs, that's the same time we will be there. thanks!

They are saying “Fall” for the gondolas, so I know there’s a chance they won’t be open by then... but with SWGE opening on 8/29, I’m guessing the gondolas will be running by then or won’t be too far behind. Fingers crossed!

They are saying “Fall” for the gondolas, so I know there’s a chance they won’t be open by then... but with SWGE opening on 8/29, I’m guessing the gondolas will be running by then or won’t be too far behind. Fingers crossed!
I saw a rumor that they could be running for July 4th weekend.

Well, I am officially in for the week of November 17th, since I booked our departure flight yesterday. :) Using Chase points, got our flight there for reasonable price/points. Return flights are still a bit high. I'm looking at Saturday the 23rd, nervous with it being the weekend before Thanksgiving, they may stay higher. I have a couple of flights I like, so I'll keep watching to see what they do. :) Hopefully once SW opens their bookings, my flights will go down to compete!

Got our MVMCP tickets for Nov 19th. Debating doing 2 nights, but wont decide until I know more for SWGE. Right now I am leaving 20-23rd open for HS and hoping they announce either EMH or EMM or DAH.

I saw a rumor that they could be running for July 4th weekend.

Well, I am officially in for the week of November 17th, since I booked our departure flight yesterday. :) Using Chase points, got our flight there for reasonable price/points. Return flights are still a bit high. I'm looking at Saturday the 23rd, nervous with it being the weekend before Thanksgiving, they may stay higher. I have a couple of flights I like, so I'll keep watching to see what they do. :) Hopefully once SW opens their bookings, my flights will go down to compete!

Got our MVMCP tickets for Nov 19th. Debating doing 2 nights, but wont decide until I know more for SWGE. Right now I am leaving 20-23rd open for HS and hoping they announce either EMH or EMM or DAH.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the gondolas are up and running way earlier than they have announced... they’ve already done evacuation tests and unwrapped a lot of them this week. I also saw something that said they could start up the HS line first and then add the Epcot line a little later...

Is there anything more counter-intuitively wonderful than getting up several hours before you actually need to so that you can jump online and figure out where you will be eating 180+ days from now?

It's ADR day!!

Me!!! Same thing yesterday!::yes::

Ok I make ADRs in 11 days, so I decided to make a plan. I don't like to make a bunch of ADRs, because I always change things a ton, but I feel some are necessary Thanksgiving week!

So far I have:

Tea at the GF --11/25 afternoon. We are dropping our rental car off at the car care center that day, so it makes sense.
Le Cellier --Thanksgiving Day (hoping the new space restaurant is available instead)
SciFi --11/29
I would like to do a dessert party or 2. Not sure if those will be ready to book yet.

I honestly have no clue on what parks to do when. Too much up in the air with Galaxy's Edge.

Here is a link to my Space Restaurant Watch Thread!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/space-restaurant-watch-thread.3749131/

Welp, it's ADR day!! I managed to get both ressies I wanted. Sci Fi Dine at 6pm on the 18th, my HS day. AND BOG DINNER at 5:50pm for the 23rd, my last night! Very happy lady. Don't think I'm going to make any more reservations right now, I just knew I wanted to tick these two things off my Disney Bucket List this time!

I am WAY too excited for this trip already! Is it November yet!?

Last edited:
Did anyone upgrade their MagicBands today? I upgraded my July trip and Nov trip bands to the Disney snacks band and the Dory band :lovestruc

View attachment 401884
Yes! I am Tinkerbelle and FH is Sorcerer Mickey! So excited!

We are staying POR for our Honeymoon November 4-11!

We got every ADR we wanted including BOG, California Grill & Le Cellier, so we’re very excited!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter