This week was our ADR date! I was able to get Artist Point (!!!) and we are also doing an HEA Garden View Dessert Party on November 10th. Crowd calendars are predicting a super busy day so I think having a place to watch the fireworks will make it seem so much less stressful. The trip seems super real now!

We are going Nov 8th - 17th and staying at the Grand with our 4 yr old, 2 yr old and 6(?)week old. We went the same time last year and it was perfect. Busy at the beginning because of Veterans’ day but then much less busy the rest of the week. Christmas decorations plus food and wine. Doesn’t get much better. We got all of the ADRs we wanted as well. The last few trips we’ve focused on trying all new restaurants instead of always going back to the same places and it’s been extremely fun.

Made ADRs today! Was able to get everything I wanted with the exception of Chef Mickey’s for dinner. That one was really for the characters and I replaced it with Tusker House; after reading reviews, I’m really looking forward to it!

We have:
‘Ohana at 4:50 before MVMCP (I’ll keep looking for earlier but probably just show early to see if we can be seated)
Cape May Cafe for Minnie’s Breakfast
Raglan Road that night (might meet up with local friends that night and cancel)
Garden Grill for a PPO breakfast
Tusker House
Cape May Cafe for Thanksgiving dinner

Hello! Jumping on board finally! This trip will be a first for us - high school marching band & I'm chaperoning. I fly down on 11/22 with the band and families (and band teacher), then my DH & kids join us on 11/26. Staying at POFQ. So if you're there that week and see boys in military uniforms marching on Monday in the parade or all over FQ, that's us. They *should* be decently behaved...

So, we have dates but because it's a group, no reservation numbers yet. Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to get a halfway decent ADR for my family for Thanksgiving dinner. We've always avoided Thanksgiving & Christmas. It'll be our third trip this year, and we went last November for a long weekend for MVMCP, so we can keep our expectations low. Plus DH & the kids can go do their own thing if I'm needed somewhere else.

But *panic* 180 days, adrs ack!

Booked some ADRs this morning before work. We decided to do Tusker House for Thanksgiving as of now. Got SciFi for Black Friday and there were plenty of times available. Also booked tea at the GF and an MK dessert party.

Lots of availability!

ETA: I just realized that AK is going to be all decked out for Christmas! Tusker House will have a Christmas theme, too. YAY!

Last edited:
We're going to Disney World! 11/23-11/28 with my parents, husband, brother and his family. It's his daughters' first trip (4 and 6 y.o.), and our first trip with kids (husband and I have been 4 times adults-only). We're staying off-property at the Marriott Royal Palms. My first time staying off-property, which I'm choosing to view as a learning experience.

Husband and I may add two days on-property after they leave to control some of our own touring.

We're going to Disney World! 11/23-11/28 with my parents, husband, brother and his family. It's his daughters' first trip (4 and 6 y.o.), and our first trip with kids (husband and I have been 4 times adults-only). We're staying off-property at the Marriott Royal Palms. My first time staying off-property, which I'm choosing to view as a learning experience.

Husband and I may add two days on-property after they leave to control some of our own touring.
This is our first time off property too and I am trying not to be sad about it! It will be good to see both sides off the coin offsite/onsite. I have a feeling I am going to miss that Disney bubble though

Well, last week I booked our return flight, using points again thru Chase.
A few weeks ago I booked an early flight arrival the 17th. I booked our return flights (thru Delta again), leaving the 23rd around 6pm.
I got a good price for both, but was nervous I jumped too early, then saw my flights for around the same times thru SW this morning, (actually 3 hrs earlier on departure day) and the price was almost identical, slightly more. Thank goodness! :)
And, the best part, freeee!
:banana:

I'm stressing hard about flights home. I'm just going to have to wait and see if times and prices get better. I'm sick over what we are paying to get to Orlando.

I'm stressing hard about flights home. I'm just going to have to wait and see if times and prices get better. I'm sick over what we are paying to get to Orlando.
Yeah, I was surprised, I thought for sure I'd be kicking myself for not waiting to see if my flights dropped to compete with SW.
I am just glad to be done, and have seats reserved sitting together for DS7 and I. My flight home arrives at 11pm, wish that was a little earlier, but now we have an extra day to do a park for favs before heading to airport.
I could have gotten cheaper flights yet, if I would have picked a 6am flight home. No thanks.
Now I am just hoping they dont have something for SWGE on that Saturday night, after I leave. :scared:

Yeah I went ahead and booked our flights home to be on the safe side. I refuse to get on DME at 4am, so I paid $150 more a person for the anytime fares for a noon flight. The cheapest was at 11pm --umm no. We have to drive an hour home from the airport!

I am just going to check daily and if they go down I can cancel and rebook. It was literally DOUBLE what it usually costs us to fly there RT.

I was pleased with our flight times, and the prices were not awful. My favorite part of SW is that if a better deal pops up later, I can always bank the flights for our next trip. We now know where we're staying, how we're getting there, and what we're eating! Until I change something that is ... it's a sickness, but a fun one.

Coming clean. I admit to jumping on a Disney bandwagon before I even knew what it was. :o
I saw a post that candy sushi was available to book, and so I booked it.
It's DS7's first time going to Food and Wine, and I thought the candy sushi thing must be fun if people are posting.
After I booked it, and read about it, lol, I decided we'll keep it, something different than the usual stuff.
But, caught myself being a bandwagon jumper...silliness!

Coming clean. I admit to jumping on a Disney bandwagon before I even knew what it was. :o
I saw a post that candy sushi was available to book, and so I booked it.
It's DS7's first time going to Food and Wine, and I thought the candy sushi thing must be fun if people are posting.
After I booked it, and read about it, lol, I decided we'll keep it, something different than the usual stuff.
But, caught myself being a bandwagon jumper...silliness!
Oh man, they are charging for this now!!! It was free last year, right? We couldn’t get any reservations last year but can now but the website keeps PAWSing. But I also see the $10 fee.

This is our first time off property too and I am trying not to be sad about it! It will be good to see both sides off the coin offsite/onsite. I have a feeling I am going to miss that Disney bubble though
I feel the exact same way! I know plenty of people love the off-property life, but I think I'll have a hard time not comparing to the joy of the Bubble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter