December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

It's been at 4:30 for months.

And along with the parties, that makes 5 out of 7 days closing early. I'd like to see a few extra early morning hours and not ones we have to pay for.

If you're going during this 1st week of Dec. too, are you like us in having to go to MK on the few non party nights to get HEA? Or still going in the am's since probably less popular to go to MK on party days? I never imagined that there would be so many parties for our stay. I too, hoped for 8 am's for MK, but sort of expected that Disney would encourage purchasing a party and not open MK earlier. @GADisneyDad14, have they historically extended MK hours early for 1st week of Dec.? It would be great not to wait until mid Nov to figure out our park plans. Other than expanding HS hours, I think I'd like to see earlier MK, and then later AK hours, in that order.

If you're going during this 1st week of Dec. too, are you like us in having to go to MK on the few non party nights to get HEA? Or still going in the am's since probably less popular to go to MK on party days? I never imagined that there would be so many parties for our stay. I too, hoped for 8 am's for MK, but sort of expected that Disney would encourage purchasing a party and not open MK earlier. @GADisneyDad14, have they historically extended MK hours early for 1st week of Dec.? It would be great not to wait until mid Nov to figure out our park plans. Other than expanding HS hours, I think I'd like to see earlier MK, and then later AK hours, in that order.
We are doing MK mornings two days that week and then one evening for HEA with a dessert party. We use the same plan in 2017 and it worked out ok. MK was a zoo the one night it was open late, so I was glad we weren't planning to do much. We grabbed one FP before the fireworks started for later in the night and just waited for the crowds to clear and went back to the hotel. Probably trying to just do the fireworks this time.

We plan on still going in on mornings, even on party nights. We will definitely be taking advantage of the extended evening hours Thanksgiving weekend and then again on EMH night. It’s definitely a popular week for Holiday parties, but we are used to it.

Last edited:

We have 2 Disney newbies with us, and HEA is a priority - probably would be anyhow - so we will have to go Wed night for the EMH night, with so many parties. And earlier in the week, near Thanksgiving, like mrsp. With RotR opening towards the end of our stay and our fight out day being earlier 12/7, this will be the 1st time ever that I won't be finishing with MK (Wed 12/4 last day at MK). Sort of sad.

With MK being MK, EP having the CP and storytelling, and HS having GE... I think AK will be our go to park when it's super crowded everywhere else. Still busy there, no doubt, but AK seems to be like the new EP (when no special events, the construction) for our trip with nothing new going on. I know there will be new holiday lights/decor, but I sort of think AK will be less popular.

FWIW, on that equivalent Monday in 2018, MK hours were 8am-12am with 7am-8am EMHs.
Do you know if there were earlier than currently 9am openings for MK or extended closing times on the 1st week of Dec. (12/1-12/7)? And we'd be looking for possible changes on Fri, 11/8, around noon eastern for Dec. extended hrs right?

Do you know if there were earlier than currently 9am openings for MK or extended closing times on the 1st week of Dec. (12/1-12/7)? And we'd be looking for possible changes on Fri, 11/8, around noon eastern for Dec. extended hrs right?

12/1-12/7 2018 had all 9am openings and a mix of 10pm and 11pm closings (and 6pm party night closings).

The only time I’ve not seen the hours update occurs the second Friday of the month is when the first Friday of the month is among the first few days of that month. Like last year - the 11/16/18 update was technically the third Friday of the month, the first was 11/2/18. With the first Friday of the month this year being 11/1/19, my guess is it could be 11/15/19... but it could be 11/8/19. I always hesitate to frame any of this as fact as stuff can change, etc (AKA, don’t come yell at me if I’m wrong!)

12/1-12/7 2018 had all 9am openings and a mix of 10pm and 11pm closings (and 6pm party night closings).

The only time I’ve not seen the hours update occurs the second Friday of the month is when the first Friday of the month is among the first few days of that month. Like last year - the 11/16/18 update was technically the third Friday of the month, the first was 11/2/18. With the first Friday of the month this year being 11/1/19, my guess is it could be 11/15/19... but it could be 11/8/19. I always hesitate to frame any of this as fact as stuff can change, etc (AKA, don’t come yell at me if I’m wrong!)
Wife just told me that streaming the magic reported today that early Dec park hours were changed where MK is open later thanksgiving thru sat 11/30 from 10 to now 11pm, wed 12/3 from 9 until 10, and emh from 11 to midnight. The other days are all party nights. HS supposedly open later from 8 to 9pm first week of dec (but I thought already was 9). No earlier openings for MK or HS, no changes to EP/AK. I haven’t verified any of these yet.

If consistent with what you’ve stated for 12/1-12/7/18, there may not be 8am openings for MK. Tue and thurs first week of dec has EMM at MK - think announced few weeks ago. They could be more interested in adding a few more emm days if those two days sell out... rather than giving us free extra time with all of these parties.

So the only thing left to wait on would be HS open earlier- maybe closing later, and AK maybe open later than 8pm? EP tends to not change.

Last edited:
Wife just told me that streaming the magic reported today that early Dec park hours were changed where MK is open later thanksgiving thru sat 11/30 from 10 to now 11pm, wed 12/3 from 9 until 10, and emh from 11 to midnight. The other days are all party nights. HS supposedly open later from 8 to 9pm first week of dec (but I thought already was 9). No earlier openings for MK or HS, no changes to EP/AK. I haven’t verified any of these yet.

Yeah, those were part of last Friday's update. I like how the various blog sites pick up this as "news" these days, presumably also put out by Disney as well. "Hey look, Disney is so great they're extending hours for your trip!"

Well, no, they are just finally updating their bare bones initial calendar! :rolleyes2

We are going to be in HS on 11/9 and I was hoping for some kind of hours extension but it doesn't look like it is in the cards. We did not get a SDD FP+ and I am trying to formulate a plan in my head for how to do SDD and MFSR and ToT and RnRC without spending an hour (or over) in line for each. Right now the park closing is at 9:00PM and both Jingle Bell Jingle Bam and Fantasmic! are scheduled for 9:00. Does that mean to do end of night line for SDD, we would have to sacrifice both shows? I think I just talked my family into JBJB instead of F! since we have never seen it so that might mean no end of night lines for us. I guess that just means we need to pick well for rope drop. We are thinking TSL and hoping people head for GE. I will definitely be watching wait times and looking for reports that first week after EEMHs end.

Bump going 12/7-12/14 and very curious about what the hours will be. So far nothing new is posted and this makes me a little bummed.

Bump going 12/7-12/14 and very curious about what the hours will be. So far nothing new is posted and this makes me a little bummed.

Last Friday, they didn't update any hours until mid-day, so there's still hope! I find it hard to believe that hours won't be extended at HS with RotR opening. Maybe they are just waiting to see how October crowds pan out, since it seems to be much busier this month than last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter