November opinions please!

Joyfulsnuff

<font color=purple>Asks a lot of silly questions h
I am stressing out!! I have been searching posts about November and there seem to be some bad experiences with crowds the first week of November. I was planning on arriving November 2 and departing November 8. We dont have a lot of options this year, we normally go in late September and never deal with crowds or so it seems, but this whole Jersey week, Food and Wine Festival and Super Soap Weekend have got me very worried about going the first week of November. We have been spoiled by lack of crowds on our past trips, I'd hate to be disappointed in our trip this year plus we are taking friends that have really never been to WDW. Sorry to ramble on but I cant quit worring about this. If anyone can set my mind at ease please, oh please do! Has anyone had good experiences during this week?

We have never gone the first week of November because we usually go the week before Thanksgiving; so I can't help you on that question. We have, however, been there in past years while the Food and Wine Festival and the Super Soap Weekend have been going on at the same time. I really did not notice a huge problem at the parks due to these two events. There was a little more crowd at MGM for the super soap weekend but they were only in the "center" of the park. If you are not going to participate in the super soap weekend "stuff" you should not experience a problem with any of the rides, etc. IMHO As far as the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot I did not notice any difference at all. Of course, though, we were not there for the beginning. I think it may have been at the tail end. We have never been there for Jersey week. Sorry I could not be of more help. I'm sure you'll have a good time despite all that's going on. How couldn't you...you'll be at Disney! :) :Pinkbounc

We thought we'd picked the perfect week when we planned a trip for November 2-10, 2001 and I was sooo happy that we were going until I read about Jersey week. I worried for months that it would be so crowded we wouldn't be able to move and we'd have spent a day's admission and wouldn't want to leave, and the kids would be cranky, etc., and the bottom line is I worried for NOTHING. The crowd was only slightly larger than in September or October and was nothing compared to Presidents Week in February (that was another trip I was happy to have planned until I read about that timeframe on this board. That time they were right on the money -- Orlando was MOBBED!). Bottom line is that WDW is never going to be empty. Stay away from MK on Saturday, use Fastpass if things get crowded, enjoy and relax in the sunshine in the happiest place on Earth!

Thanks for your replies, it helps ease the stress when others tell you what their experiences were like. My husband thinks I've gone over the edge, but really I think I'm stressed over it because November is a new time for us and I'm just not sure what to expect. It's funny how changes in our normal routine sometimes throw us into a tailspin! My husband will say, you worry about the silliest things lets just go and we'll have a good time, we always do. He's so right!

Go and have a good time. Yes, the crowds will be bigger. But..... the weather will be cooler, too. So I think the good will outweigh the bad.

I almost always go this time of year and the crowds have really picked up. We have never attended the SOAP weekend, but we love the Food & Wine Festival. You do not have to participate in either. I like to try the samples at the Festival and this year we even checked out some of the food demonstations and were surprised to learn that they end by giving us samples of whatever the demo was about. We do not do the wine demos as we do not drink. This past October we got to see Bobby Flay and Jon Ashton in action. Jon is very energetic - see him if you can. His "wee wife, Mary" will probably be along to watch and take pictures. (Which, I still have not seen on his website.)

We were there over Veterans DAy weekend last year and the crowds diminished greatly after the weekend was over..The next week was even better, but it was manageable full trip...Have fun and do not worry...:D

We were there last year for "Jersey" week. The crowds were terrible!! We went to the MK and left after 3 hours. We normally go the week before or after Thanksgiving but due to my husband's business trip, we decided to go then. Never again!!

Personally, I think the Jersey week thing is overplayed. Maybe it is a plot by the citizens of New Jersey to keep the rest of us away so they have the parks to themselves.;) But seriously, I guess it depends on what you think a crowd is. This is our normal time to go, and in fact we were down there last year at the same time Sawyermaw1 was and I didn't think it was crowded at all! MK is almost always more crowded than the other parks. I say go for it, have a good time, and don't worry! It's bound to be less crowded than peak times.:D

If that was less crowded than peak, I certainly don't want to go during the busy season!! If you like crowded buses, long waits for rides and food - go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter